HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Fellas...What the $&*% is up with Guerin?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=201722)

Maximus 12-15-2005 08:01 AM

Fellas...What the $&*% is up with Guerin??

Seriously guys, Guerin, from my vantage point watching him on the dish, doesn't look anything like the player he was 2 years ago and for pretty much his whole career. Is it me and maybe I'm on island here by saying this, but he looks like he's loafing out there most of the time. He's playing with none of the passion he's been known for in the past and though he's got into a few scrums here and there and he had one somewhat decent hot streak a few weeks ago but that's pretty much about it for Guerin.

So I ask you Dallas faithful, what's the deal with him?. I've always enjoyed watching him play in the past but this year he's for the most part been horrendous. Is the big contract he has weighing him down? Does he want out of Dallas? I didn't think he was too old yet at 34 but I gotta believe he keeps up this monstrosity of a season, Stars likely will be dealing him somewhere, anywhere who'll take his contract.

Anyone has some insights on some of the points I've made here cause I can't imagine Stars brass putting up with this horrific play of Guerin's all too much longer...ya think? Looking forward to reading what you guys think and like I said, maybe I'm on an island here and in the minority in my feeling Guerin's play has been putrid whereas maybe cause you guys see him play more than I have(I've seen about 8-9 Stars games this year), y'all are seeing things I'm not. Anyways, thanks in advance.

PS: Imagine how good the Stars would be if Guerin was actually playing well.....they'd be downright scary!....:)

Stars99Lobo37 12-15-2005 08:07 AM

The only thing I can think of is that he is in a slump.

Horrible. That just one word to describe him.

morrow1005 12-15-2005 02:06 PM

Me and my dad seem to think that maybe the whole labor thing took a real toll on him.

Dallasman 12-15-2005 03:48 PM

I dont know what he was doing last night but at the end of the game he had a great great chance to tie the game and for some STUPID reason, the dork decides to pass it. He looks bad, he isn't skating. It's unbelievable how horrible he looks out there right now. I hope he gets his head out of his butt and decides to show up because right now he is looks like he did at end of his time with Edmonton.

starshockeyfan56 12-15-2005 05:04 PM

I think last night was his best game of the season, which is why I feel tonight Guerin has a chance of breaking through

hockeyhomer99 12-16-2005 11:01 PM

:dunno: I think that the internal squabling that remain from the hiring of the new Union negotiator plus all the labor grief itself has put him the same mindset we saw from Mike Modano in the 2003 season. Just always seems to be a step behind, the puck just out of reach, his shot just a hair off target. Really reminds me of Modano that year. :dunno:

Maximus 12-20-2005 11:30 AM

Criticzed him when he deserved it but gotta give props to Guerin the past two games especially last night vs Wild as he looked more like the successful, passionate, drive to the net, shoot the damn puck from all angles Guerin, that I used to remember. Though he didn't score last night or the other night, if he keeps playing like this, goals and points will certainly come and this thread I started last week will quickly fade onto the 3rd or 4th pages of your board.... ;) I guess one can only hope the light bulb went off in Guerins head cause ironically, after this thread was composed, he's looked like a different player(Billy probably read our remarks here at HB...hehehe)

Seriously, you guys see what I've been seeing and also feel Guerin just might have played his best back to back games these past two...eh?

Maximus 12-30-2005 01:54 PM

I guess Guerin reads HF as he's played a heck of alot better than he's played pretty much all year long the past 2 weeks or since the post I wrote about him. Good for you Billy as it looks like the passion is back. Don't stop now and go ahead and score some more of them goals as its still one of THE most astonishing statistics in the NHL this year in my view.....the fact one of the premier PP scorers in the past 5-6 years, Billy Guerin, up until last night, had not scored a PP goal all year long. Well, hopefully he keeps it up....later

Dallasman 12-30-2005 03:41 PM

I think we all hope he keeps it up :)

Bad Karma 12-30-2005 03:48 PM

When he starts scoring you know how he get's HOT.