HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   One move the Flyers should make (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=202216)

BladesofSteel21 12-16-2005 01:19 PM

One move the Flyers should make

Fire their trainer McCrossin, I've never seen a team suffer so many injuries at once
and this has been happening for quite a few years now. I don't know if it's their
conditioning program, but somethings definitely wrong when one team has so many
injuries due to groin pulls, muscle strains etc.

100mph slapshot 12-16-2005 01:39 PM

I agree. Things couldn't possibly go any worse with someone else handling the job.

Philly Flyer Fan* 12-16-2005 01:50 PM

I am by no means sticking up for McCrossin, but..........hard to blame him for Richards getting his head smacked off the boards and Carter getting a puck in the ear isn't it.

Just a thought.

BladesofSteel21 12-16-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philly Flyer Fan
I am by no means sticking up for McCrossin, but..........hard to blame him for Richards getting his head smacked off the boards and Carter getting a puck in the ear isn't it.

Just a thought.

Not talking about concussions i.e. Richards, Primeau or freal accidents like Carter,
but Esche, Kapanen, Pitkanen, Gagne etc have suffered injuries that may have been preventable with a differrent workout regiment.

Steve L* 12-16-2005 02:07 PM

No but you can blame him for players coming back too soon and reinjuring themselves.

He should be fired because whatever he is doing is not working and Im talking about conditioning injuries and not impact injuries which cannot be helped.

Sanderson 12-16-2005 03:40 PM

My hometeam has a similar, maybe even worse season when it comes to groin injuries (even the headcoach got one ;) ) although the team didn't change anything compared to last season. Apart from being fitter because of a special fitness coach, but that shouldn't really be a reason for getting injuries ;)

Luckily the injuries all came in the first few months of the season. Right now there aren't any of these injuries, only some injured goalies :D

Brad* 12-16-2005 04:56 PM

Take a look at the Flyers players who are injured.

Esche, Gagne, Stevenson, Primeau, Desjardins, etc. What do they have in common? They didn't play hockey last year. The only one who did play hockey and is injured would be Pitkanen.

BobbyClarkeFan16 12-17-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad
Take a look at the Flyers players who are injured.

Esche, Gagne, Stevenson, Primeau, Desjardins, etc. What do they have in common? They didn't play hockey last year. The only one who did play hockey and is injured would be Pitkanen.

First of all, Primeau has a concussion. Whether he played last year or not is irrelevant to the injury he has. What worries me is that Keith is becoming concussion prone. As for Desjardins, nothing could have prepared him for his shoulder problems. But as for Esche, Gagne and Stevenson, those injuries could have been avoided whether or not they played last year. Players like Sakic and Tanguay didn't play last year either, but neither one has been on IR with groin injuries. Same with Iginla, same with Bertuzzi, same with Jovanovski, same with Conroy, etc....you get the picture. If players have been away from the game for a year, we should see a huge amount of players on IR with groin injuries. Fact of the matter is that outside of our team and a handful of other players from around the league, there haven't been a lot of people on IR with groin injuries.

McCrossin's job should have come into question the moment Stevenson went back on the IR with his hip for a 2nd time. If Jim let Stevenson come back too soon, then yeah, he deserves to be fired. As for all the groin injuries, those injuries ARE preventable and the fact is that we've been hit with a ton of groin injuries. If Jim can't come up with stretching and workout routines to prevent groin injuries, then what's he doing as the head trainer in Philadelphia?

lynchmob450 12-17-2005 07:30 PM

Both Stevenson and Esche have REINJURED themselves. This in itself should be the reason McCrossin gets fired. You can fool me once, Jim. But no way you'll deke me the same way a second time.

You're FIRED!

John Flyers Fan 12-17-2005 07:57 PM

Regarding injuries, when players resume action etc. McCrossin is only a small piece of the puzzle.

Team Dr.'s are examining players, McCrossin, Hitchcock, and the players themselves. If the players aren't giving the training staff and/or dr.'c comletely truthful info they can also be to blame.

lynchmob450 12-17-2005 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Regarding injuries, when players resume action etc. McCrossin is only a small piece of the puzzle.

Team Dr.'s are examining players, McCrossin, Hitchcock, and the players themselves. If the players aren't giving the training staff and/or dr.'c comletely truthful info they can also be to blame.

Agreed...but McCrossin does have to "sign-off" on allowing a player back to the ice. He would be closest to these injured players when they are rehabbing.

I think this who sentiment of firing McCrossin is frustration (at least for me it is). McCrossin might be a GREAT trainer. But right now, i feel like i've seen enough.

Brad* 12-17-2005 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Fact of the matter is that outside of our team and a handful of other players from around the league, there haven't been a lot of people on IR with groin injuries.

This is sarcasm right? Because the number of groin injuries in the early parts of this season were very, very high. Much higher than normal.