HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Why does everyone hate the Stars so???? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=202358)

hockeyhomer99 12-16-2005 10:16 PM

Why does everyone hate the Stars so????
 
I think it is because their name is not in the National Anthem :yo: :yo: :yo:

Stars99Lobo37 12-16-2005 11:07 PM

Because they don't like hockey in Texas?

I really could care less if they don't like the Stars..or Stars fan (which I think is the reason they hate the Stars).

As Tippett said in 02-03, "Nobody is for us except for our players and our fans"

SJPuckPlayer 12-17-2005 02:07 AM

As Sabres fans would say, "no goal".

Stars99Lobo37 12-17-2005 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJPuckPlayer
As Sabres fans would say, "no goal".

And as Stars players would say...Look who has the ring.

If people aren't over that, then they have some serious issues. That series happened almost seven years ago now. There are THREE Dallas Stars players left from that Cup run.

Buffalo had all game to put it away but it ended like that and Dallas won the Cup and has the rings, their names on the Cup, and the banner in the air to prove it.

99 is over for us in Dallas. We want one this season. If Buffalo fans want to think they really won the Cup, then they can go right ahead. But in reality, the Stars have their name besides 1999. And it is really time to get over losing a Stanley Cup six or seven years ago.

VanIslander 12-17-2005 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37
If people aren't over that, then they have some serious issues.

So, if someone kills your uncle but it was ten years ago then all's okay?

Injustices are injustices.

The Stars have never earned the Cup... and have done nothing to win over support since...

but oh, .... lehtinen is great!

Chuck Norris* 12-17-2005 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyhomer99
I think it is because their name is not in the National Anthem :yo: :yo: :yo:

Chuck see's the thread from the main page and intends to come in and write what you have writen. How could you have stolen Chucks thoughts. Maybe Chuck isn't as impenatrable as He thinks. You will go down stars. Down like a falling star. that crashes into a cesspool of pain.

Walzy 12-17-2005 07:35 AM

:win:

ahm...oh wow, trolls are out today :clap:

Stars99Lobo37 12-17-2005 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanIslander
So, if someone kills your uncle but it was ten years ago then all's okay?

Injustices are injustices.

The Stars have never earned the Cup... and have done nothing to win over support since...

but oh, .... lehtinen is great!

Killing your Uncle...I can understand. That is killing someone.

Saying a freakin Puck hasn't gone in for 6/7 years...I don't understand.

Killing a person in your family and saying a puck didn't cross the line are two VERY different things.

I want to know how you say the Stars never earned the Cup? Because one goal you THINK didn't go in? Dallas lead 3-2 in the sereis for a reason. Dallas was the #1 team in the NHL the entire year for a reason. Dallas defeated Colorado in the Western Finals in Game 7 for a reason. Dallas made it to the Stanley Cup Finals for a reason. Think what you what, but Dallas earned the Cup even if it was a "bad" goal. Buffalo still had all freakin game long. It went to three OT's. They all game long to win that thing. Don't blame the Stars for shooting the puck into the net..and the REFS calling it a goal.

Like I said, we don't need other people liking us. Dallas only needs it's players and fans in the Lone Star State.

And btw...while Lehtinen is great, It was Brett Hull who scored the goal...who btw is not here anymore.

heywood* 12-17-2005 10:38 AM

i hate the stars because i hate tom hicks.

starshockeyfan56 12-17-2005 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanIslander
So, if someone kills your uncle but it was ten years ago then all's okay?

Injustices are injustices.

The Stars have never earned the Cup... and have done nothing to win over support since...

but oh, .... lehtinen is great!


wow, there are so many stupid comments in this post I don't know where to begin...

What does someone killing a family member have to do with the stanley cup? you need a severe reality check.

Secondly, the Hull goal was completely legitimate, do your research instead of throwing out comments like "never earned the Cup."

Being the number one team in the league that year, defeating colorado after being down 3-2 going to Colorado for game six, Modano playing through the finals with a broken wrist, Belfour besting Fuhr, Roy, and Hasek..

the list goes on.

Dallasman 12-17-2005 11:14 AM

Everyone is jealous of us. That's what it must be. I mean, we weren't even picked to be in the top 5 this year of the Western Conference and look at us now. We are rolling along and beating everyone we play right now. Even after slashing salaries we are still one of the top teams in the NHL. Unbelievable. I did not expect us to be this high in the standings this year but you know what? WE ARE!!!

We lost Turgeon(not a big deal), Richard Matvichuck, Scott Young, Teppo, Don Sweeney, Shanye Corson and Chris Therien. But you know what? We filled those holes with players like Martin Skoula and Trevor Daley on defense. And up front we added Antii Mietinenn and Jussi Jokinen and a rejevenated Niko Kapanen are all helping us in that facet of the game.

So I say let the other fans be jealous of us. Let them hate our team. I LOVE THE STARS AND ALWAYS WILL!!

By the way, IT WAS A GOAL!!!!

Killer Z 12-17-2005 11:20 AM

I can't speak for everybody, but as an Oilers fan, I think I have a valid excuse to dislike the Stars.

Rivalries are great though!

King of Kelvington 12-17-2005 11:22 AM

Why does everyone hate the Stars so????

...their fans.








































jking :biglaugh: ;)

Stars99Lobo37 12-17-2005 11:24 AM

I don't think they're jealous of our team...I think they're mad at the fans most of all. Lets face it..if it weren't some Edmonton fans I wouldn't hate the Oilers as much as I do. Same goes for Colorado..San Jose..etc.

Dallas has their name on the Cup next to 1999, whether it was a goal or not (which is was). Buffalo can't do anything about 1999, just like Dallas can't do anything about 2000.

We are playing great right now. We obviously have some places that need work (the freakin powerplay) but besides those few places...we're playing like its March or April.

I thought Dallas would win the Pacific Division but I never thought they would be playing as good as they have been since the start of November. But there is still a lot of hockey to be played. We can easily start losing like we did in October and slide back in the standings.

Dallas is Dallas. We don't need anybody else supporting us. We have our fans in Texas and thats about all we need. I know we have fans from all over North America (Dallasman in Edmonton for example) and I'm glad they're fans of Dallas. We're not Calgary..We're not Anaheim..We're not Detroit. We're Dallas. If people don't like the Stars, thats their business. But people in Texas love the Stars and thats all that matters to the francise.

Stars99Lobo37 12-17-2005 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Z
I can't speak for everybody, but as an Oilers fan, I think I have a valid excuse to dislike the Stars.

Rivalries are great though!

Amen. Dallas vs Edmonton is no doubt the biggest rivalry in hockey for a Dallas fan, atleast IMO. That or Colorado.

Ajacied 12-17-2005 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37
Dallas is Dallas. We don't need anybody else supporting us. We have our fans in Texas and thats about all we need. I know we have fans from all over North America (Dallasman in Edmonton for example) and I'm glad they're fans of Dallas.

Hey, we also have fans from the Netherlands! How many teams can say that!

PACaptain 12-17-2005 12:14 PM

I don't think everyone hates the Stars. I follow Pittsburgh but I also keep an eye on Dallas because they have a couple former Penguins that were among my favorites in Zubov and Barnes. In watching Dallas this season (thank God for NHL Center Ice), I have enjoying seeing Mike Modano get his game back on track and have a couple of other favorites in Kapanen and Ott now. I try to never like goalies but Turco is among my top guys. I don't think a lot of people outside of Edmonton (always beat them in the playoffs), Buffalo (between the no goal and all those Super Bowl loses there is a lot of bad blood there), and Minnesota (hey you took their team) hate the Stars.

12# Peter Bondra 12-17-2005 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Hey, we also have fans from the Netherlands! How many teams can say that!

We have a fan from the Netherlands too ;). Belgium too. :D

I like Dallas unless they play the Avs personally. Liked the rivalry 4-5 years ago.

hockeyhomer99 12-19-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Z
I can't speak for everybody, but as an Oilers fan, I think I have a valid excuse to dislike the Stars.

Rivalries are great though!

I love the Stars/ Crude series.. What hockey should be

Walzy 12-19-2005 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
We have a fan from the Netherlands too ;). Belgium too. :D


i can confirm at least 7 Stars fans from Germany, two from Switzerland and two from the Czech Repuplic :D

Dr GLU 12-20-2005 01:02 AM

I don't know if anyone truly hates the Stars.

I mean, we're basically Team Finland, and no one hates Finland really except Sweden (and even then, I doubt it's a true hatred). But the majority of our top prospects are Swedish, so the Swedes can't hate us either.

And to hate both Finland and Sweden, well, I don't know if that's possible!

Tricolore#20 12-20-2005 03:24 AM

I love the Stars... Always been a fan of Modano, one of my favourite players of all time.

TravisUlrich 12-20-2005 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walzy
:win:

ahm...oh wow, trolls are out today :clap:

Of course they are, the topic of the thread welcomes it, doesn't it?

Anyway, I've never had good feelings about Dallas. From when they were very bad (think when Andy Moog was goaltender) to when they were very good (1999). I just can't bring myself to like them. Maybe it's because they seem like the closest thing to "Team USA" in the NHL. They're in Texas, and they have (or have had) players like Mike Modano, Bill Guerin, and Darian Hatcher. Also, I think a name like "The Stars" is kind of a generic, uninteresting name. It's like naming a team "The Aces" or someother equivalent of the word "Apex".

Azdinator 12-20-2005 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walzy
i can confirm at least 7 Stars fans from Germany, two from Switzerland and two from the Czech Repuplic :D

add one from france. :)

LordHelmet 12-20-2005 10:21 AM

Why people hate the Stars:
1) Texas is seen as a non-traditional market, people think hockey doesn't belong there. Although now Texas has more pro-hockey teams than any other US state or Canadian province.

2) Elitist fans from the north assume that Texas fans are a bunch of beer-gut NASCAR fans just watching for the fights.

3) Success

4) We played a defense-first trapping system for a pretty long time.

5) Salaries - Opposing fans hated the teams that spent big before the cap

Edmonton:
A hated rival. But very, very well respected. EDM vs. DAL is as good as playoff hockey gets. I just wish some of those series would've been conference finals.. That would've been epic..

The '99 Cup:
It was a goal. According to the rules, a player with posession of the puck could do the macarena in the crease before scoring and it would still be 100% legal. Hull gained posession when he received the pass with his skate. He kicked the puck to his stick, then scored. Later on, even Lindy Ruff agreed that it was the right call.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.