HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Oiler Ice Time (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20266)

jofa 10-16-2003 07:12 AM

Oiler Ice Time

Only three games in so far, but its interesting to see who is getting the most ice time from MacTavish:

Player - ATOI
Eric Brewer - 23:48
Steve Staios - 23:11
Cory Cross - 20:39
MA Bergeron - 19:36
Ryan Smyth - 18:33
Jason Smith - 18:31
Radek Dvorak - 17:48
Shawn Horcoff - 16:55
Mike York - 16:06
Ales Hemsky - 15:38
Marty Reasoner - 15:13
Scott Ferguson - 14:00
Brad Isbister - 12:55
Fernando Pisani - 12:02
Ethan Moreau - 11:28
Georges Laraque - 10:37
Jason Chimera - 10:22
Raffi Torres - 10:12

The obvious time that jumps out at me is the 20:39 that Cross is on the ice, third highest on the team. On the lower side of the table, its a little surprising to see Isbister has only been getting an average of 12:55 a game.

One other obvious point - when Brewer, Staios, Cross and Bergeron are the four guys on the ice most often for your team, your defense probably isn't in the best shape in the league... I know scoring is a concern right now, but the Oiler's "top four" defensemen in terms of ice time is a little frightening.

copperaddict 10-16-2003 07:42 AM

I still believe that if we would have picked up Tverdovsky for this year alone it would have made a huge difference.His offence would have solved problems as well as the amount of minutes he would eat up.Cross and Fergie would be at the 10-12 minute range as this is the max that they should be allowed.
He may be in Russia right now but I think he has an out if he is offered a fair dollar to come back.

dawgbone 10-16-2003 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jofa
On the lower side of the table, its a little surprising to see Isbister has only been getting an average of 12:55 a game.

I don't think Izzy sees any pk time, where as all the other players you mentioned do, at least in part. And when your team is shorthanded 16 times in 2 games, that is going to eat up minutes.

Digger12 10-16-2003 08:12 AM

I'm really surprised that Cross is averaging around 2 minutes a game more than Jason Smith.

Brewer - Normal for him, maybe even a bit low.
Staios - 3 to 4 minutes more than I'd like.
MAB - More than I expected, especially with very little PK duty.
Ferguson - Seems about right.
Semenov - 0:00...and counting.

For the forwards, the only one that sticks out IMO is Chimera...should be 3 to 4 minutes higher, though I think that was skewed a bit from last game where he saw ZERO ice in the 3rd period. Was he benched?

Looking at the NHL shift chart from that game, weird to see Torres (one of the few Oilers that game who had any scoring chances) only getting 2 shifts in the 3rd.

dawgbone 10-16-2003 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger12
I'm really surprised that Cross is averaging around 2 minutes a game more than Jason Smith.

Brewer - Normal for him, maybe even a bit low.
Staios - 3 to 4 minutes more than I'd like.
MAB - More than I expected, especially with very little PK duty.
Ferguson - Seems about right.
Semenov - 0:00...and counting.

For the forwards, the only one that sticks out IMO is Chimera...should be 3 to 4 minutes higher, though I think that was skewed a bit from last game where he saw ZERO ice in the 3rd period. Was he benched?

Looking at the NHL shift chart from that game, weird to see Torres (one of the few Oilers that game who had any scoring chances) only getting 2 shifts in the 3rd.

I think with Smith's injury troubles this year, they are really going to try and limit his minutes as much as possible... I would personally rather him for 82 games and 17 minutes, than 65 games and 22.