HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Congrats to S Downie... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=202892)

kingjdv 12-18-2005 05:04 PM

Congrats to S Downie...

for being the only Flyer prospect named to the Canadian WJ team. :clap:

GKJ 12-18-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingjdv
for being the only Flyer prospect named to the Canadian WJ team. :clap:

He's the only Canadian who had a shot...

HoverCarle* 12-18-2005 06:38 PM

didnt we trade him?

iceman42 12-18-2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovercraft
didnt we trade him?

No he still property of the Flyers. He was traded from his OHL team to another OHL team.

HoverCarle* 12-18-2005 07:33 PM

oh ok thas good then. how old is he?

donelikedinner 12-18-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

oh ok thas good then. how old is he?

you can get all of his stats on the I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T :D

Jacob 12-18-2005 08:27 PM

So they took him in spite of his off-ice troubles? What's the story with that?

Roger's Pancreas* 12-18-2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobv2

He's good and he always plays hard which commands success.

BobbyClarkeFan16 12-18-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Downie is a great hockey player. That's the story about that. Sutter is there to win, he's not there to play political favourites with Hockey Canada. Every time we've done that, we've always come up short in terms of success. If Hockey Canada wanted political correctness, they should have hired someone else to do the job.

Ex Storm 12-19-2005 12:54 AM

Quote:

Since he's played for Peterborough, he's been dynamite on the ice and a model citizen off it. And actually, his "off-ice" troubles this past fall were in fact on the ice, during practice. In the only game he played for Windsor to start the year, he had a hat trick. In 12 games with Peterborough, he has 4 goals and 16 assists. It's no secret that all Downie does is do everything in his power to win. I see it as no surprise he made Team Canada, and I think he's going to turn out to be great for the Flyers down the road. People around here love Ben Eager for his tenacity, they'll love Steve Downie for the same reason, except Steve can really score.

MojoJojo 12-19-2005 12:55 AM

Besides having enough natural talent to earn a spot without the intangibles anyway, I hear he is a real Sutter type of player: Hard working and physical.

ShawnTHW 12-19-2005 10:57 AM

What are his current stats. i'm not sure how well he is doing in his league. is he really as good as everyone says he is?

HoverCarle* 12-19-2005 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donelikedinner
you can get all of his stats on the I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T :D

im on the internet now arent i? maybe if you had said google it would have made sense.....

Vikke 12-19-2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

im on the internet now arent i? maybe if you had said google it would have made sense.....

www.ontariohockeyleague.com
www.hockeydb.com

Ex Storm 12-19-2005 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoppaMan21
What are his current stats. i'm not sure how well he is doing in his league. is he really as good as everyone says he is?

I just posted them in my last post.

CharlieGirl 12-19-2005 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Besides having enough natural talent to earn a spot without the intangibles anyway, I hear he is a real Sutter type of player: Hard working and physical.

That's a good description - as long as he plays disciplined. He's a first class pest to go with the hard work and physical play.