HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Alexandre Drozdetzky (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20293)

Diesel 10-16-2003 09:17 AM

Alexandre Drozdetzky

Looks like Drozdetzky had 2 goals in his debut with his new team. Lets hope he can do that more consistantly this year.

BrindA17 10-16-2003 10:42 AM

He's only getting older. Will he ever play for the big club? :dunno: I remember when the Flyers drafted Williams, one scout in particular stated that he was more excited about getting Drozdetsky (whom they snagged in round 2), who he thought wasn't fairly scouted/rated.

Which reminds me, where is Pletka? And if he's still in the organization, what are the chances of this guy becoming a regular?

Sleepers? Maybe...

semyers 10-16-2003 11:17 AM

He scored 1 each in his next 2 games. He's now up to 4.

Diesel 10-16-2003 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17
He's only getting older. Will he ever play for the big club? :dunno: I remember when the Flyers drafted Williams, one scout in particular stated that he was more excited about getting Drozdetsky (whom they snagged in round 2), who he thought wasn't fairly scouted/rated.

Which reminds me, where is Pletka? And if he's still in the organization, what are the chances of this guy becoming a regular?

Sleepers? Maybe...

Drozdetzky is only 22! Some collegiate hockey prospects don't even make it to the NHL until they are that old. And look at Zetterburg last year... he was 22. He could still make an impact- not saying he's going to, just that I'm pulling for him. The age thing doesn't bother me at all. He just wants to make sure he's ready for the jump. In any case, I'm not really looking for him to develop into a top line player. But he could be a nice 2nd or 3rd line, 15+ goal player.

FlyersGuy69 10-16-2003 01:08 PM

also, Droz is a little on the smallish side so if he could add a little size it would only help. I think that he will come over next season and he could give us more speed and skill on the wing.

Rex8 10-16-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17

Sleepers? Maybe...

I think the Flyers made Pletka a qualifying offer in order to retain his rights but really have no intention to sign him. I am not sure, even if on another team, if he would want to play in NA. I would say the chances of a regular on Philly is 0% and maybe 2% if some desperate GM would give us a LOW pick for his rights.

fan mao rong 10-17-2003 08:32 AM

Hey, Ruzicka-Kozak-not to mention Williams, Somik, Fedoruk. Maybe he fits in future daze.

GoneFullHextall 10-17-2003 09:21 AM

I just hope when and if Droz gets here he doesnt turn into another soft player.

Otterboy 10-18-2003 07:27 AM

Diesel, how do you get this info on Drozdesky's stats? Is there a site w/updated information on Russian players or soemthing?

Gags1288 10-18-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I just hope when and if Droz gets here he doesnt turn into another soft player.

What do you want him to be, a big hitter? That's what he is, a very soft player. However, he has an amaizing amount of skill and I for one expect him to make the big club next year and have a big impact. He's small, but he can fly and he has great hands. If he can put on some weight and keep his speed, I'd expect him to be a top 2 line winger. Maybe i'm being too optomistic, but i see a ton of skill in this kid.

Diesel 10-18-2003 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otterboy
Diesel, how do you get this info on Drozdesky's stats? Is there a site w/updated information on Russian players or soemthing?

the home page for hockeysfuture had a link to recent scores in the Russian Super League.