HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Rhinprecht to play left wing? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20365)

Sutter Brother 10-16-2003 02:27 PM

Rhinprecht to play left wing?

Sutter did say in a today that althought the media have pegged Rhino for center he may play him on him on the wing. " I havn't decided yet"
was the actual comment from DS. If this is the case the new lines with him back in could be:
MacAmmond Conroy Iginla
Saprykin Lombardi Kobasew
Gelinas Yelle Donavan
Rheinprecht Betts Clark

Rhino could also draw in for MacAmmond if the 1st lines scoring woes
continue. Post your new possible lines..

kruezer 10-16-2003 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutter Brother
Sutter did say in a today that althought the media have pegged Rhino for center he may play him on him on the wing. " I havn't decided yet"
was the actual comment from DS. If this is the case the new lines with him back in could be:
MacAmmond Conroy Iginla
Saprykin Lombardi Kobasew
Gelinas Yelle Donavan
Rheinprecht Betts Clark

Rhino could also draw in for MacAmmond if the 1st lines scoring woes
continue. Post your new possible lines..

Link?

I think this could work, my lines might turn out like this...

McAmmond - Conroy - Iginla
Reinprecht - Lombardi - Kobasew
Gelinas - Yelle - Davidson
Saprykin - Betts - Clark

I think it's possible that McAmmond may lost his spot eventually though...

Sutter Brother 10-16-2003 03:22 PM

Yes those lines are very possible.
Don't like the idea of breaking up the kid line right now
but it probably can't last. Here is the link:
http://www.canoe.ca/Slam031016/nhl_cal1-sun.html

Badger Bob 10-16-2003 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
McAmmond - Conroy - Iginla
Reinprecht - Lombardi - Kobasew
Gelinas - Yelle - Davidson
Saprykin - Betts - Clark

Think you meant Donovan in the 3rd line RW spot. Maybe the possibility exists that Rhino could be slotted in on the first line to jump start the offense, and send a little message in the process. This could work:

Reinprecht-Conroy-Iginla
Saprykin-Lombardi-Kobasew
Gelinas-Yelle-Donovan
McAmmond-Betts-Clark

If the Kid Line continues to perform, there's no reason to mess with that chemistry. Some ice team for Oliwa would be nice too, on Saturday night, in case Eric Boulton needs to get roughed up.

Av-merican 10-16-2003 06:08 PM

GOD, why do coaches keep making this mistake!

Read my lips...er...words, folks. REINPRECHT CAN'T PLAY WING. All you need to look at is game film from the last two postseasons the Avs took part in. Both times Rhino was moved to wing and it was a disaster.

Yes, he has a good shot and yes, he's a smart player. But he doesn't know how to play wing. Steven doesn't know how to play away from the puck as a wing. He still chases after it wherever it goes like he's still a center. He doesn't get himself in position for the center to set him up for a shot at goal.

Maybe Sutter will make a fool out of me, who knows? But what I do know is that Reinprecht is not the versatile forward the press here in Denver made him out to be. He's a great center when he wants to be, but he is most certainly not a winger. Trust me on this...

Sec of Partying Down 10-16-2003 07:40 PM

Sutter might as well try him at wing for a least one game and if he's awful put him a center. Can Lombardi play wing?

kruezer 10-16-2003 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Think you meant Donovan in the 3rd line RW spot. Maybe the possibility exists that Rhino could be slotted in on the first line to jump start the offense, and send a little message in the process. This could work:

Reinprecht-Conroy-Iginla
Saprykin-Lombardi-Kobasew
Gelinas-Yelle-Donovan
McAmmond-Betts-Clark

If the Kid Line continues to perform, there's no reason to mess with that chemistry. Some ice team for Oliwa would be nice too, on Saturday night, in case Eric Boulton needs to get roughed up.

You're right I meant Donovan, I think that McAmmond may very well lose his job by the end of this year.

Flamesfan 26 10-17-2003 07:56 PM

Sutter didn't say anything about left wing. he played right wing in Colorado and since we have enough talented Lw we could put him on Rw

Badger Bob 10-18-2003 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalanche 26
Sutter didn't say anything about left wing. he played right wing in Colorado and since we have enough talented Lw we could put him on Rw

Yep. The Avs once used a line of:

Forsberg-Drury-Reinprecht in the playoffs.