HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gagne and Richards Status (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=203652)

TheKingPin 12-20-2005 06:25 PM

Gagne and Richards Status
 
According to Hitch they will both be back for the big show against Ottawa. That means the top two lines in the NHL will be up aginst each other. That leaves Esche, Primeau, and Stevenson for our forwards, Pikanen and Dejardins for D-Fence. Starting to look better. Anyone know Primeau status by the way?



http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...rt/default.asp

BobbyClarkeFan16 12-20-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Anyone know Primeau status by the way?

Nobody knows at this point. One report he's riding a stationary bike, the next report he's dizzy again, the next report he's skating, the next he's suffering headaches.

I'm probably in the minority on here, but I'm hoping big Keith does the right thing and hangs up the skates. He takes one more hit to the head and he's not going to do any world of good for us. It's unfair to his teammates to leave them hang in the wind while he decides whether or not he can or can't play.

deuceswild 12-20-2005 06:37 PM

umm i think i read on the NHL.com headline article about the flyers injuries that preems was seeing a top balance expert or something. obviously still having problems.

lynchmob450 12-20-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyersphan
That means the top two lines in the NHL will be up aginst each other.

I love the Forsberg, Gagne & Knuble line....but i don't think they are one of the top TWO lines in the NHL. Or are they??

Gags1288 12-20-2005 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynchmob450
I love the Forsberg, Gagne & Knuble line....but i don't think they are one of the top TWO lines in the NHL. Or are they??

Outside of the Ottawa line, what line is better? Forsberg is leading the league in Pts per game, Gagne is leading the league in goals per game (now 1 behind Staal in goals), and Knuble has what, 17 goals? We argued this line vs. the Ottawa line early and I'd still make the argument that as far as all around play, the Flyers line is just as good.

jb** 12-20-2005 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Nobody knows at this point. One report he's riding a stationary bike, the next report he's dizzy again, the next report he's skating, the next he's suffering headaches.

I'm probably in the minority on here, but I'm hoping big Keith does the right thing and hangs up the skates. He takes one more hit to the head and he's not going to do any world of good for us. It's unfair to his teammates to leave them hang in the wind while he decides whether or not he can or can't play.

he is complaining about dizzyness and not having a sense of balance. Maybe he can call Jeff Hacket for some info on Vertigo!

BobbyClarkeFan16 12-20-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gags1288
Outside of the Ottawa line, what line is better? Forsberg is leading the league in Pts per game, Gagne is leading the league in goals per game (now 1 behind Staal in goals), and Knuble has what, 17 goals? We argued this line vs. the Ottawa line early and I'd still make the argument that as far as all around play, the Flyers line is just as good.

Oooooh, I don't know about that. I'm a die hard Flyers guy there is, but that Ottawa line is something else. Because of all the coverage here in my neck of the woods (I'm one hour west of Ottawa), I've probably seen every Ottawa game so far and that line is the best there is right now, bar none. If we didn't have Forsberg, it wouldn't even be close.

I'd also have to say that the Ottawa three are better than our top three simply because you can put different players on that line and they all seem to produce. You don't get that same result in Philadelphia. They tried Richards in the top spot when Forsberg was out. Nothing going on there. They tried Carter and the results were the same as Richards. They tried Zeus there, but they soon found out that cement skates just don't cut it....lol....I'm just ragging on Zeus. I like him. Hitch has then tried Jon Sim on the Gagne spot and that didn't work. I guess Krapanen is playing there right now and he seems to be doing ok, but he is no Gagne.

The other thing that really works in favour of the Ottawa players is the system they play. I know, I know, I'm horrible and I b!tch alot about the system that Hitch uses, but when you watch teams like Ottawa and Detroit use these dynamic offensive systems, I just grit my teeth and wonder why we can't do the exact same. Instead, we get the thrill of watching defensive positioning and sludge and trudge instead. I guess it also helps that when you're getting good goaltending from your goaltenders (yes, that's a slam to our goaltending - Esche has been nothing short of brutal and Niitymaki just can't seem to get on a roll), you can afford that style of game.

The playoffs should be a lot of fun this year. I'm looking forward to seeing Peter lead us into battle. Hopefully we can protect him and he doesn't have to take a pounding.

Synthetic 12-21-2005 03:04 AM

How's that one Carolina line doing? And what of Nylander-Jagr-some other dude?

Nacho 12-21-2005 05:05 AM

The 12-21-22 line is dominating the offensive zone every game, the might not score all the time, but they sure control the game...

bennysflyers16 12-21-2005 08:25 AM

I thought I heard Spezza hurt his chest last night and will be out a few games ??

Jester 12-21-2005 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
The other thing that really works in favour of the Ottawa players is the system they play. I know, I know, I'm horrible and I b!tch alot about the system that Hitch uses, but when you watch teams like Ottawa and Detroit use these dynamic offensive systems, I just grit my teeth and wonder why we can't do the exact same. Instead, we get the thrill of watching defensive positioning and sludge and trudge instead. I guess it also helps that when you're getting good goaltending from your goaltenders (yes, that's a slam to our goaltending - Esche has been nothing short of brutal and Niitymaki just can't seem to get on a roll), you can afford that style of game.


you're not horrible... you just don't know what the hell you're talking about.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/statis...6&seasontype=2

i want you to look at that VERY closely.

a couple of things you should notice.

1) this uber restrictive system that Hitch is running is 3rd in the league in GFA, despite the fact that our roster is decimated with injuries.

2) prior to those injuries... we were 2nd.

3) those oh-so wide-open Sens are the #1 team in the league in GAA... that isn't all Hasek... surprise surprise, they also happen to have the best group of Dmen in the entire NHL (argue that if you will... that's my opinion). and yes... Detroit is 6th in the league in GAA.... 0.38 goals-per-game better than us. run-and-gun neither team is.

4) how many cups have your wide-open Sens won? this isn't the first time they've been at the top, or close to, of league scoring. (note: they aren't really a wide-open team w/out serious responsibility in front of their net, but you can live in that fantasy if you want.)

5) how many cups has Detroit won, despite all the firepower they've had, since Scotty Bowman and his defensive gameplans retired?

TheKingPin 12-21-2005 10:16 AM

The Ottawa line is crazy. And that is wy this should be a great matchup because Hitch always plays skilled line against skilled line...more space for Foppa.

lynchmob450 12-21-2005 11:27 AM

I caught the Sens-Habs game last night. The Sens are a very good team (duh!!) with no noticable weakness. One thing i did notice is that the Habs did OUT WORK the Sens and won in a shootout without extra-ordinary goaltending. So, if i take anything from last night's game, i'd say that even with all the injuries the Flyers have (as do the Habs), if they stay out of the penalty box and work harder than the Sens, then they have a good shot of knocking these bums around and winning (we don't need Nitty to steal this game).

greatwhite101* 12-21-2005 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynchmob450
I caught the Sens-Habs game last night. The Sens are a very good team (duh!!) with no noticable weakness. One thing i did notice is that the Habs did OUT WORK the Sens and won in a shootout without extra-ordinary goaltending. So, if i take anything from last night's game, i'd say that even with all the injuries the Flyers have (as do the Habs), if they stay out of the penalty box and work harder than the Sens, then they have a good shot of knocking these bums around and winning (we don't need Nitty to steal this game).

I think Ottawa will come out hard tomorrow just because they lost to the Habs yesterday. Montreal did win that game but Ottawa is not about to take it easy on the Flyers knowing that we may meet in playoffs.
Niittymaki should bring his best game.
I am a bit scared because of what Ottawa did to Leafs defense. Flyers defense currently looking like Leafs defense.
5 on 5 we may have a chance but if Ottawa gets PP watch out. Redden Chara Spezza Alfredson Heatley will dish a punishment.
My opinion.

mikedifr 12-21-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
The other thing that really works in favour of the Ottawa players is the system they play. I know, I know, I'm horrible and I b!tch alot about the system that Hitch uses, but when you watch teams like Ottawa and Detroit use these dynamic offensive systems, I just grit my teeth and wonder why we can't do the exact same. Instead, we get the thrill of watching defensive positioning and sludge and trudge instead.

Uhh, maybe becasue they are better teams with more skilled players than us!!!! You answered your own question here when you talked about how Ottawa can substitute any other player and the line still works. After Forsberg and Gagne, our skilled players are rookies.

GoneFullHextall 12-21-2005 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
I thought I heard Spezza hurt his chest last night and will be out a few games ??


Spezza played last night against Montreal

The Mars Volchenkov 12-21-2005 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Spezza played last night against Montreal

He got hurt midway through the first period. I doubt he's going to play on Thursday.

greatwhite101* 12-21-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedifr
Uhh, maybe becasue they are better teams with more skilled players than us!!!! You answered your own question here when you talked about how Ottawa can substitute any other player and the line still works. After Forsberg and Gagne, our skilled players are rookies.

Well I think our rookies can play Ottawa current second line. Havlat is out so Sens do miss secondary scoring. They have a huge advantage on D. If Spezza will not play Flyers have more chances because Ottawa are not very deep in center position.

Handzus Richards Sim pretty good hard working line with scoring touch
Radio Carter Kapanen pretty good line with scoring touch

reaper 12-22-2005 03:05 AM

Quote:

Gagne will be back on his regular line with Peter Forsberg and Mike Knuble.
Yeah baby, sweet news. Time for the dynamic duo to tear it up again!

Source: http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2348.asp

P Jiddy 12-22-2005 09:58 AM

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper
Yeah baby, sweet news. Time for the dynamic duo to tear it up again!

Source: http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2348.asp



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.