HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Just Saw the Flames/Kings Hi-Lites (Robitaille related) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=204128)

Rob Stauber* 12-22-2005 01:28 AM

Just Saw the Flames/Kings Hi-Lites (Robitaille related)

Alrite, I listened to the game on NHL radio and im sure as all of you were, I was fuming at Luc for those penalties. Inexcusable.

However, Michael Cammalleri had 2 goals. And you know what ? He should thank Luc for both of them. On the first one he completely screened Kiprusoff and you could see Kiprusoff's reaction after the puck went in. On the second goal the Cammy scored, Robitaille again was pinned at the top of the crease and had the lone defender on him, giving Cammy the open shot.

I just thought I'd give you the heads up on this, since I was ready to release Luc as of an hour ago. But after seeing those hilites, he DID contribute positively tonight.

Reaper45 12-22-2005 01:37 AM

See. Prime example of how a player can help the team without being on the scoreboard.

PrivateFubar 12-22-2005 01:42 AM

I don't consider 3 minor penalties in the 1st period, 2 of which led to power play goals for Calgary "help".

The fact that he was involved in Cammy tying up the game at 2 just means he was able to make up for his boneheaded play that helped put the Kings in a hole in the first place.

I'm just sayin'...
:dunno:

Rob Stauber* 12-22-2005 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
See. Prime example of how a player can help the team without being on the scoreboard.

Exactly.

Luc is my favorite player of alltime. But his play of late was hampering our team and I was the first to admit it. But I also have to give him credit tonite. Alot people might look at the score sheet and say he had 3 penalties, but he had just as much to do with those 2 goals as Cammy did.

I apologize to Luc.

Rob Stauber* 12-22-2005 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrivateFubar
I don't consider 3 minor penalties in the 1st period, 2 of which led to power play goals for Calgary "help".

The fact that he was involved in Cammy tying up the game at 2 just means he was able to make up for his boneheaded play that helped put the Kings in a hole in the first place.

I'm just sayin'...

Im not saying he played the perfect game by any stretch. But this thread was made more to let those people who couldn't see the game know that he did contribute positively, even though his name didn't come up on the score sheet.

I'm just sayin'...

PrivateFubar 12-22-2005 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
Im not saying he played the perfect game by any stretch. But this thread was made more to let those people who couldn't see the game know that he did contribute positively, even though his name didn't come up on the score sheet.

I'm just sayin'...

Fair enough, I respect your efforts to draw attention to the contributions he does make. Especially for fans that missed this game on TV, which was helpful. I do consider myself to be a fan of his, but at this point I feel Luc's contributions are eventually out-weighed by his liabilities while on the ice.

Rob Stauber* 12-22-2005 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrivateFubar
but at this point I feel Luc's contributions are eventually out-weighed by his liabilities while on the ice.

I don't neccissarily disagree with you on this point.......

King Blazer 12-22-2005 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
Alot people might look at the score sheet and say he had 3 penalties,

Those people would be wrong. He had 4 penalties... ;)

KingsCourt 12-22-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
Those people would be wrong. He had 4 penalties... ;)

Nice plan AM!!! :sarcasm:

Fat Elvis 12-22-2005 10:26 AM

So what did he do that Parros couldn't have done, except play on the pp? 8 pims and screened the goalie. Give him top line ice, he's on a role.

took420s 12-22-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING ELVI
So what did he do that Parros couldn't have done, except play on the pp? 8 pims and screened the goalie. Give him top line ice, he's on a role.

Exactly.

Anyone can screen a goalie. Without those penalties I would want to look at the bright side too. But That is 2 games in a row that he has spent too much time in the box.

TonySCV 12-22-2005 12:19 PM

Luc was in the box for both the Flames goals... let's just call this game a wash for him.

Look at the Kings record when Robitaille is IN the lineup vs. when he's not - I'll give you a hint of the W-L #'s - it's rediculously tilted in favor of NOT having Luc play. The guy needs to turn it around - NOW.

Old Hickory 12-22-2005 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Luc was in the box for both the Flames goals... let's just call this game a wash for him.

Look at the Kings record when Robitaille is IN the lineup vs. when he's not - I'll give you a hint of the W-L #'s - it's rediculously tilted in favor of NOT having Luc play. The guy needs to turn it around - NOW.

Can you do the math on Parros?

TonySCV 12-22-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Can you do the math on Parros?

heh... Let's just say Parros is sort of Luc's equalizer. :)

BTW...

Luc in the lineup: Kings are 12-10

Luc not in the lineup: Kings are 10-3-1

Parros in the lineup: Kings are 14-7

Parros out of the lineup: Kings are 8-7