HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Oil/Buf Game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20439)

Boondock Saint 10-16-2003 07:41 PM

Oil/Buf Game

Here's to being back at the .500 mark. Too lazy to read through the entire game thread. Can someone recap the Oil's lines tonight and how each line looked. Thanks in advance. If someone could also give a description of Laraque's fight... That Peters sure seems eager. A touch stupid, but eager as hell.... Sounds like he might have bit off a bit more than he could chew this time.

Boondock

Hemmer 10-16-2003 07:53 PM

Torres - Smyth - Hemsky : Created all night. Responsible for goals 2 and 3. Great board work, and Hemsky took a big hit to score his goal

I'm not too sure about the rest of the combos - Seems like Reasoner and York switched places...all the lines looked pretty good.

Laraque vs. Peters

(from Hockeyfights.com)

Peters vs. Laraque
A long square off, Peters grabs ahold of Laraque's sleeve, but he shakes lose. They grab on again, and Laraque with a flurry of lefts to the top of the head. Peters goes down to his knees. Win Laraque, he overpowered and overwhelmed Peters.

Sounds like a typical BG fight eh? :bow:

Peters is supposed to be pretty tough too, but he's just a rookie...and he most definitely bit off more than he could chew on this one.

thome_26 10-16-2003 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemmer
Peters is supposed to be pretty tough too, but he's just a rookie...and he most definitely bit off more than he could chew on this one.

Isn't that the case for all who take on BG? :D

As for the Torres-Smyth-Hemsky line... holy mother F#*@er!!!!! And you know Smyth didn't even play THAT great.... it was the two super duper kids!!! They complimented each other PERFECT!!!!! to me they looked like they played together in college or something (I know, neither attended it). But I tell ya, if we could keep those two together and put in a guy like Reasoner provide the defense (and still help with the offense) They could be SUCH a great line. I think Smyth works well with them though stilll.... very good puck control. Torres and Smyth on the boards, and Hemsky in a too-too on MJ sneakers and a ringette stick is scary (much less if Ales has normal equip :D ) I'd like to see this vs the Avs:
Torres-Smyth-Hemsky
Isbister-Horcoff-Laraque / Chimera-Stoll-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-York

The reason I put the two second lines side by side is because I'd expect them to see equal ice time.... Get Pisani out of there though - God he's a waste of space (ya, ya, he got a goal tonight, but I would have scored that one too).

oilers_guy_eddie 10-16-2003 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
As for the Torres-Smyth-Hemsky line... holy mother F#*@er!!!!! And you know Smyth didn't even play THAT great....

I thought Smyth had a massive game. The Torres and Hemsky goals both resulted from hard work along the boards by Ryan.

jadeddog 10-16-2003 09:24 PM

i agree with getting pisani out of there, but since the oil have been doing well on the PK and pisani linemates played a good game today... macT will preach the same ol BS about defensive players etc etc etc.... i just dont see why stoll isnt in there when this team NEEDS a centerman... put horcoff up on the 1st line, keep reasoner on the 3rd and york on the 2nd, then stoll on the 4th.... this would allow smyth to go back to LW and have hemsky in 1st line RW

smyth-horcoff-hemsky
isbister-york-dvorak
chimera-reasoner-moreau
torres-stoll-laraque

btw, i thought isbister played a good game tonight as well

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-16-2003 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog
i agree with getting pisani out of there, but since the oil have been doing well on the PK and pisani linemates played a good game today... macT will preach the same ol BS about defensive players etc etc etc.... i just dont see why stoll isnt in there when this team NEEDS a centerman... put horcoff up on the 1st line, keep reasoner on the 3rd and york on the 2nd, then stoll on the 4th.... this would allow smyth to go back to LW and have hemsky in 1st line RW

smyth-horcoff-hemsky
isbister-york-dvorak
chimera-reasoner-moreau
torres-stoll-laraque

No Horcoff on that first line. One-way ticket to no offence.

Schai 10-17-2003 06:06 AM

Quote:

The reason I put the two second lines side by side is because I'd expect them to see equal ice time.... Get Pisani out of there though - God he's a waste of space (ya, ya, he got a goal tonight, but I would have scored that one too).

I have to disagree. Pisani works very hard on PK.

dawgbone 10-17-2003 06:15 AM

Hemsky is incredible.

ON his goal, that was one of the weakest shots I have ever seen, but it was perfectly placed.

His little pass was pretty cute to, he sucked the defenseman low, and basically did a drop pass right to Torres... don't know how he saw him but he did.

thome_26 10-17-2003 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz
I have to disagree. Pisani works very hard on PK.

Hemsy works harder then just about any other Oiler (Moreau would be the first and obvious exception), but the lack of ability is what I don't like. You can't fill your lineup with guys who aren't assets on either side of the redline. The Oilers have LOTS of guys who can play PK (Reasoner, Moreau, York, Dvorak) so Pisani is completely un-required... as far as putting Horcoff on the top line, your kidding if you think that last nights top will be broken up. The way to get Stoll in is put York in his spot on the RPM line so center opens up for Horcoff on the second line and in turn for Stoll on the fourth line.

oilers_guy_eddie 10-17-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadeddog

smyth-horcoff-hemsky
isbister-york-dvorak
chimera-reasoner-moreau
torres-stoll-laraque

After seeing the Torres-Smyth-Hemsky unit in action last night, the first thing you want to do is split them? That's crazy-talk. GET-OUT-OF-DA-CITY!

Mowzie 10-17-2003 09:25 AM

am i the only guy that couldnt care less about baseball last night. i dont care if it was game 7 of the world series, if the oilers are playing, then the remote doesnt get touched until its over.

good game last night, it looks like torres is a keeper, he has a consistency that very few oilers possess. and he seems to have a knack around the net. Laraque didnt seem to miss him too much, or did my eyes decieve me? conks played great, i hope he can find his way into 15-20 games this year.

IceDragoon 10-17-2003 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
After seeing the Torres-Smyth-Hemsky unit in action last night, the first thing you want to do is split them? That's crazy-talk. GET-OUT-OF-DA-CITY!

:yo: Tell me. Are those the first words you thought of?

oilers_guy_eddie 10-17-2003 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDragoon
:yo: Tell me. Are those the first words you thought of?

Yes, actually they were. I just wish I could remember who used to say "Get-out-of-da-city!"

Tarkus 10-17-2003 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Yes, actually they were. I just wish I could remember who used to say "Get-out-of-da-city!"

That was Balki from that delightful 80's fish-out-of-water sitcom "Perfect Strangers". And, just like Latka from "Taxi", part of Balki's appeal was his fracturing of spoken English. But you probably knew that already. :D

thome_26 10-17-2003 03:32 PM

Quote:

Hemsy works harder then just about any other Oiler (Moreau would be the first and obvious exception), but the lack of ability is what I don't like. You can't fill your lineup with guys who aren't assets on either side of the redline. The Oilers have LOTS of guys who can play PK (Reasoner, Moreau, York, Dvorak) so Pisani is completely un-required... as far as putting Horcoff on the top line, your kidding if you think that last nights top will be broken up. The way to get Stoll in is put York in his spot on the RPM line so center opens up for Horcoff on the second line and in turn for Stoll on the fourth line.

I mean Moreau in the above post about work ethic, not Hemsky, sorry. lol.

oilers_guy_eddie 10-17-2003 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarkus
That was Balki from that delightful 80's fish-out-of-water sitcom "Perfect Strangers". And, just like Latka from "Taxi", part of Balki's appeal was his fracturing of spoken English. But you probably knew that already. :D

Awesome recall, dude! :D

oilswell 10-18-2003 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
am i the only guy that couldnt care less about baseball last night. i dont care if it was game 7 of the world series, if the oilers are playing, then the remote doesnt get touched until its over.

Pffft.

IMO there isn't a baseball game ever played that would take precedence over even a bantam preseason 2nd period intermission.

I played ball for several years (great game) but can't stand to watch it.

oilswell 10-18-2003 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemmer
(from Hockeyfights.com)

Peters vs. Laraque
A long square off, Peters grabs ahold of Laraque's sleeve, but he shakes lose. They grab on again, and Laraque with a flurry of lefts to the top of the head. Peters goes down to his knees. Win Laraque, he overpowered and overwhelmed Peters.

It looked to me that Peters didn't expect Laraque's sneaky tactic of suddenly pushing him down and off balance, after which Laraque could just pummel the back of his head. I wouldn't mind watching that again. At the time I could almost swear that Laraque was missing the back of Peters head in order to save his hands. It was hard to tell over all the yelling going on around me ;)

Dr_Gonz0 10-18-2003 07:22 AM

Quote:

I'd like to see this vs the Avs:
Torres-Smyth-Hemsky
Isbister-Horcoff-Laraque / Chimera-Stoll-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-York

Those are pretty much the lines i was thinking of as well. Let Stoll get some icetime; York looks best on the RW IMO(not to mention add a bit of offense to RPM). We could(and will need to) roll 4 lines against the Av's with fresh legs all night with those configurations.

On D i would like to see:

Brewer-Staios
Semenov-Smith
Bergeron-Fergusson

Each D-pairing has a stay-at-home type paired with a puck rusher. Please god sit Cross. :rant: