HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Know what I hate? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=204926)

BG43 12-24-2005 02:12 PM

Know what I hate?

Do you know what I hate? Well some fans.. not naming any names get a little too excited with the least bit of success and go off pissing the rest of the league off by announcing things like we're going to win the Cup and what not. It's embarrasing.. because a lot can happen in the next few months and things can change. Plus.. it is classless to do that. I don't know about you guys but as happy as I am with their play, I'm not about to go and rub it into others faces. We shouldn't demand respect.. let the Sabres do what they've been doing on the ice and that should be good enough. I think some people need to settle down.. I don't want our team to be disliked.. and I can see that's starting to happen.

All I'm going to say is.. why don't we keep the super eager and excited posts to our own board. Don't give other fans a bad name

Flame away.. but all I can say is GO SABRES!!

Jim Boeheim 12-24-2005 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BG43
Do you know what I hate? Well some fans.. not naming any names get a little too excited with the least bit of success and go off pissing the rest of the league off by announcing things like we're going to win the Cup and what not. It's embarrasing.. because a lot can happen in the next few months and things can change. Plus.. it is classless to do that. I don't know about you guys but as happy as I am with their play, I'm not about to go and rub it into others faces. We shouldn't demand respect.. let the Sabres do what they've been doing on the ice and that should be good enough. I think some people need to settle down.. I don't want our team to be disliked.. and I can see that's starting to happen.

All I'm going to say is.. why don't we keep the super eager and excited posts to our own board. Don't give other fans a bad name

I agree.
I've always found that Buffalo fans tend to get alot of respect from other fans because we stick with our team through thick and thin, the team plays hard, and we've been classy for the most part. Lately, SOME Buffalo fans have given other fans plenty of reason to discredit and disrespect us. Don't allow our early success to change how we conduct oursleves here and elsewhere.

TVanek26* 12-24-2005 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyboehiem
I agree.
I've always found that Buffalo fans tend to get alot of respect from other fans because we stick with our team through thick and thin, the team plays hard, and we've been classy for the most part. Lately, SOME Buffalo fans have given other fans plenty of reason to discredit and disrespect us. Don't allow our early success to change how we conduct oursleves here and elsewhere.

Respect?We never get respect,I don't know where you think we're getting it from,even with our amazing play the last 20 games, people still think we're bottom feeders.Everyone predicted us to be one of the bottom 3 teams,so **** all those people.

Jim Boeheim 12-24-2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Respect?We never get respect,I don't know where you think we're getting it from,even with our amazing play the last 20 games, people still think we're bottom feeders.Everyone predicted us to be one of the bottom 3 teams,so **** all those people.

Read me again please.

I'm talking about respect for US, the fans.
I'm well aware that THE TEAM gets little respect. And it's a shame too.

TVanek26* 12-24-2005 02:28 PM

Quote:

I'm talking about respect for US, the fans.
I'm well aware that THE TEAM gets little respect. And it's a shame too.

In the end,respect for the fans means nothing.Why be nice to people when the team,the fans and the city get ****ted on 24/7?I personally do not like to stand idly by when stuff like that happens.

signalIInoise 12-24-2005 02:38 PM

I'm not normally one of those song-quoting guys, but appropoo, methinks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmet 'Unsung'
Your contribution left unnoticed some
Association with an image
Just credit time for showing up again
Attention wandered Iím left with it

Gone by sin too slowly
Canít pass it up
Then I thought nothing is right
I turned it off

To die unsung would really bring you down
Although wet eyes would never suit you
Walk through no archetypal suicide
Die young is far too boring these days

Your will to speak clearly
Exposed too much
Unsung once too often
Could not rub off

Moon Man* 12-24-2005 02:45 PM

As far as this board goes, there's always going to be the handful of fans of any team who excitedly point out their latest success and overhype their respective teams chances... either to stir up some replies or just in a bout of enthusiasm.

As much as most Sabre fans consider themselves to be a classy bunch who maintain a measure of cautious optimism (which most are) and keep their feet on the ground... there'll always be those who want to scream "You thought we had no chance, but look at us now!"... and I think they have that right. It may be distasteful and short-sighted to me, but why hide the Sabres under a bushel?

That said, the carrying-on over on the NHL board is pretty bad. Some folks are just too insecure to even take a joke when faced with such unmitigated fanfare...

The Real 12-24-2005 04:48 PM

Quote:

I'll get hollered at if I flame you so I'll try to stick to the fact of your post. It's ridiculous. You don't make the decision of how people conversate about our team. If they want to be high on the team when we are winning, they are allowed.

It's called passion. When you are passionate about something sometimes you react in extremes. So you want to be calm and cool about your team, good for you. No one attacks you. They or I want to get excited or p!ssed and congratulate/damn our boys, that's our right as fans.

The nature of this post is childish. If we aren't liked by the rest of the NHL who cares. They play for each other and we watch because we want to. Whether or not other fans or areas agree with our opinions doesn't matter. Hell, most of the time we don't agree.

Right now I'm in New Hampshire working for the holiday season. Do you know how fun it's been to throw it in the face of all the Redsox/Patriots/Bruins fans that we are THIS GOOD?

You don't like it don't read the posts. Otherwise grow some nar nars and allow any fan to celebrate how ever they deem fit.

T_R

BG43 12-24-2005 05:22 PM

Quote:

I agree.

You're the only one that gets it. Thanks jimmyboehiem.

Jame 12-24-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

speaking of classless... :shakehead

BG43 12-24-2005 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame
speaking of classless... :shakehead

naw you are so right

WOW SABRES ARE DA LIKE BESTEST EVAAAAAAAAR!!!!11

STANLEY CUP = OURS AFTER 36 GAMES.. ittttt must be trruuuue.. WOOOT WOOOOT.

let's go GET some respect for our team by telling other how much WE ROCK their sockkks.. WOOOOOOOO

Whatever, jame. I liked you too.. oh well..

Fan-of-#9 12-24-2005 07:32 PM

What's wrong with you people? Is Christmas time, and people are throwing cheap shots around?

BG43 posted that she wasn't thrilled to see some fans overhyping the Sabres on the main board...is that reason to jump all over her?

:shakehead

..let's move on.

BUCKSHOT 12-24-2005 07:45 PM

Here we go again; So I will throw out my favorite quote -
"can't we ALL just get along!" ;)

makeitburn 12-24-2005 07:45 PM

IMO the community on these boards is too big for anyone to get into playful, what somebody called earlier, "passionate" humor. Throwing things down somebody's throat is what you do to your best bud, knowing he can do it right back to you in five minutes if the score changes, and all in all you don't care. These boards are more of a place where people like to be educated on the ins and outs of the game. Its not a place for losers to try to get that same joking feeling with some faceless posters. Yes, its disturbing watching people go on with posts who appear to be blowing things out of proportions only because their team is having some luck.

/IMO off

Moskau 12-24-2005 08:41 PM

Merry Christmas Guys (and Girls :p: )

Buffalo Stylee 12-24-2005 09:24 PM

Wait. I'm not supposed to get excited even though we basically have 50 points before the end of December? Sorry, but at this time of the season the Sabres chronically suck so I'll be as excited as I please.

Jame 12-24-2005 11:55 PM

Quote:

naw you are so right

WOW SABRES ARE DA LIKE BESTEST EVAAAAAAAAR!!!!11

STANLEY CUP = OURS AFTER 36 GAMES.. ittttt must be trruuuue.. WOOOT WOOOOT.

let's go GET some respect for our team by telling other how much WE ROCK their sockkks.. WOOOOOOOO

Whatever, jame. I liked you too.. oh well..

you said flame away :dunno:

but i think it's a little hypocritical to call people classless while you're attacking them. they're probably 15 years old anyways. who cares. this is thread is pointless and it's only purpose was to stir the hornets nest.

lecherous 12-25-2005 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fake Plastic Sabre
Wait. I'm not supposed to get excited even though we basically have 50 points before the end of December? Sorry, but at this time of the season the Sabres chronically suck so I'll be as excited as I please.

We could have 55 pts by the end of December if everything goes right :D

Snargitz 12-25-2005 07:43 AM

Dont worry next game against Ottawa will show us who really is top dog.

Im sorry to say i dont think we can beat Ottawa with or without Hasek, they have already shown us that.

JOHNBOY 12-25-2005 10:44 AM

I just straight up love the Buffalo Sabres im not gonna lie...