HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Comrie thought (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20521)

dawgbone 10-17-2003 06:21 AM

Comrie thought
 
This is something that isn't going to happen, but what the heck.

How about sending Comrie, and something else to detroit for something like Fischer and Legace, then shipping Tommy out to say Carolina for someone like Vasicek and a draft pick.

Legace has done nothing but win his whole career, and Detroit seems intent on bringing in big time goalies every year.

It also addresses both the need for help on defense, and a centre.

Just for a little fun.

thome_26 10-17-2003 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
This is something that isn't going to happen, but what the heck.

How about sending Comrie, and something else to detroit for something like Fischer and Legace, then shipping Tommy out to say Carolina for someone like Vasicek and a draft pick.

Legace has done nothing but win his whole career, and Detroit seems intent on bringing in big time goalies every year.

It also addresses both the need for help on defense, and a centre.

Just for a little fun.

I would be VERY suprised if Detroit would part with it's one young Dman unless they got another young Dman in return. I also doubt that Carolina would be overly interested in Tommy because they have Weeks under contract.

ZIM 10-17-2003 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
How about sending Comrie, and something else to detroit

How about we pay him like a first or second line NHL centre, sign him and then let him play?

Obsessed 10-17-2003 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
This is something that isn't going to happen, but what the heck.

How about sending Comrie, and something else to detroit for something like Fischer and Legace, then shipping Tommy out to say Carolina for someone like Vasicek and a draft pick.

Legace has done nothing but win his whole career, and Detroit seems intent on bringing in big time goalies every year.

It also addresses both the need for help on defense, and a centre.

Just for a little fun.

Scratch that idea. Hatcher is injured. Detroit isn't going to be trading any D-Men.

choppystride 10-17-2003 07:27 AM

I would love to have Fischer but I don't Det would let him go easily.

I wonder what's the status on Grigorenko? Is he permenantly damaged or will he recover fully? If he can recover fully, perhaps we can take a chance on him in a deal like:

Comrie for Grigorenko + Dandenault

I think this trade can help both teams:

For Det: they get a natural center who will only cost them a depth defenseman, a position where they're loaded. They lose a top prospect who most likely will not be able help them for another 2 years.

For Oil: we get immediate defensive help from Dandenault whom I've always liked. I think he's been overshadowed by the other great D in Det.

We can then sign Oates or Ronning to get us thru this year.

dawgbone 10-17-2003 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Scratch that idea. Hatcher is injured. Detroit isn't going to be trading any D-Men.

They still have Wooley who hasn't seen the ice yet.

EDIT:

LOL... nevermind... just saw that Hatcher is out 4 months.

LawnDemon 10-17-2003 08:29 AM

how about comrie + semenov for fischer + ???someone???

hackey 10-17-2003 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnDemon
how about comrie + semenov for fischer + ???someone???

:lol: :lol: :dunno:
give me one reason why Detroit would trade Fischer? NEVER

PigPen 10-17-2003 08:53 AM

The wings' won't be parting with Fischer any time soon not only because Hatcher is gone, but he's been our best defenseman for 2 of the 3 games thus far, and was the 2nd best last night against the canucks.

He's been a monster out there. Plain and simple.

Rushing the puck and using his speed. (He's got plenty)
He's been shooting the puck more and jumping in on the offense, sneaking in from the point.
He's been absolutely manhandling anybody that comes into the wings' zone. He singlehandedly kept Marian Hossa who is one of the top 5 wingers in the game against ottawa a non-factor. Also lets keep in mind how he put Daniel Sedin through the glass at the joe.

At worst he'll be an Adam Foote/Derian Hatcher type defenseman with a lot more speed. Those types of defenseman are extremely valuable to any team in the league and they usually don't part with them, and I don't think the wings' would part with Fischer for anybody right now.

Grigerenko is also expected to be fully recovered by january and considering the wings' lack of good wing prospects outside of Grigs and Fleischmann now so I doubt they trade him. He'll probably end up the wings' #1 RW in 2 seasons.

And from what I've seen of Semenov last year, I wasn't the least bit impressed. He reminded me of Max Kuznetzov and Yan Golubovsky. 2 wings' 1st round busts in 94 and 95 that we had to give an arm and a leg to give away.

dawgbone 10-17-2003 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackey
:lol: :lol: :dunno:
give me one reason why Detroit would trade Fischer? NEVER

They've traded many other highly touted players in various other deals. It wouldn't suprise me one bit.

Yanner39 10-17-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackey
:lol: :lol: :dunno:
give me one reason why Detroit would trade Fischer? NEVER

Because Detroit has the money to go out and get a replacement if they need it.

Ryno 10-17-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PigPen
The wings' won't be parting with Fischer any time soon not only because Hatcher is gone, but he's been our best defenseman for 2 of the 3 games thus far, and was the 2nd best last night against the canucks.

He's been a monster out there. Plain and simple.

Rushing the puck and using his speed. (He's got plenty)
He's been shooting the puck more and jumping in on the offense, sneaking in from the point.
He's been absolutely manhandling anybody that comes into the wings' zone. He singlehandedly kept Marian Hossa who is one of the top 5 wingers in the game against ottawa a non-factor. Also lets keep in mind how he put Daniel Sedin through the glass at the joe.

At worst he'll be an Adam Foote/Derian Hatcher type defenseman with a lot more speed. Those types of defenseman are extremely valuable to any team in the league and they usually don't part with them, and I don't think the wings' would part with Fischer for anybody right now.

Grigerenko is also expected to be fully recovered by january and considering the wings' lack of good wing prospects outside of Grigs and Fleischmann now so I doubt they trade him. He'll probably end up the wings' #1 RW in 2 seasons.

And from what I've seen of Semenov last year, I wasn't the least bit impressed. He reminded me of Max Kuznetzov and Yan Golubovsky. 2 wings' 1st round busts in 94 and 95 that we had to give an arm and a leg to give away.

Well, you obviously didn't see him much because to compare him to such pylons as Kuznetzov and especially Golubovsky is absolutely absurd.

6'6, 238lbs, has a cannon of a shot (which we rarely see, one of his drawbacks), extremely fast north-south skater (could use work on the lateral movement), doesn't take bad penalties, can play physical (only when he wants to, which is another one of his drawbacks), and has amazing patience on the ice. Oh, did I mention he's only 22 and makes well under a million?

Sounds exactly like Kuznetzov and Golubovsky to me. :rolleyes:

nineteen79 10-17-2003 11:46 AM

Wow it' been a while since i posted but anyway just wanted to pass along that over at spectors the source being Robin Brownlee he reports and lists some teams that may be interested in Mike Comrie and what he thinks Lowe might be interested in return.

PigPen 10-17-2003 01:26 PM

Well, actually, it DOES sound a lot like Kuznetzov and Golubovsky Ryno. Both had very hard shots, were big, played hard when in the mood, sucked moving side to side. Golubovsky was pretty fast north and south but not big Max. He was a pylon.
The thing is, all 3 of them didn't look like they really cared about where they were. I've seen Semenov about 10 times last year and each time was the same, aloof play.
Aren't you wondering why that MacT is playing a career minor leaguer like Fergeson instead of Semenov? I can guarentee you that it's not because Fergeson is developing into the second coming of Larry Robinson.

And I don't think you guys and gals on this board get it.
The wings' organization doesn't WANT to replace fischer with a big name free agent just because they can. They love how Fischer has progressed defensively, how mean he's become.
Big, tough, fast, physical defensemen who can play on your first pairing and do nothing but help your team don't grow on trees.

Believe it or not, but Detroit has slowly been building for the future and plans to hold tightly onto it's youth because after this year there's going to be an exodus of hall of famers

momentai 10-17-2003 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PigPen
Aren't you wondering why that MacT is playing a career minor leaguer like Fergeson instead of Semenov? I can guarentee you that it's not because Fergeson is developing into the second coming of Larry Robinson.

I don't think many of us are wondering at all. We know the tendancies of our coach and he tends to go for age/experience rather than younger talent.

Ryno 10-20-2003 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PigPen
Well, actually, it DOES sound a lot like Kuznetzov and Golubovsky Ryno. Both had very hard shots, were big, played hard when in the mood, sucked moving side to side. Golubovsky was pretty fast north and south but not big Max. He was a pylon.
The thing is, all 3 of them didn't look like they really cared about where they were. I've seen Semenov about 10 times last year and each time was the same, aloof play.
Aren't you wondering why that MacT is playing a career minor leaguer like Fergeson instead of Semenov? I can guarentee you that it's not because Fergeson is developing into the second coming of Larry Robinson.

And I don't think you guys and gals on this board get it.
The wings' organization doesn't WANT to replace fischer with a big name free agent just because they can. They love how Fischer has progressed defensively, how mean he's become.
Big, tough, fast, physical defensemen who can play on your first pairing and do nothing but help your team don't grow on trees.

Believe it or not, but Detroit has slowly been building for the future and plans to hold tightly onto it's youth because after this year there's going to be an exodus of hall of famers

Sorry PigPen, comparing Semenov to Kuznetsov and Golubovsky is still absurd. Kuznetsov was slow, extremely slow, and couldn't make up for it with good positioning. We here think Cory Cross is slow...Kuznetsov could make Cory Cross look like Paul Coffey (well, maybe not Coffey, Cross IS hideously slow... more like a skateboard racing a Big Wheel :D ) His noteriety for taking bad penalties meant that you couldn't play him at all in the 3rd period with a lead and he had the hockey sense of a beer-league brawler.

You're right, Golubovsky could skate straight ahead well (not as well as Semenov though, check out his lap time from the Oiler skill comp this year), but he had no idea how to use his size to his advantage (not Poti-esque, but close). Also, as far as I have seen and can remember, Golubovsky's shot was nothing to write home about. I will concede that's it's been a couple of years since I've seen him play regularly.

Semenov has elements that neither of these guys had. Patientce, hockey sense, good positioning, a willingness to learn, and AGE.

As far as an answer to your question, see momentai's post.

And you're right, I wouldn't deal Fischer if I were you either. This guy's going to be something special, and seeing him put one of the Sedin Sisters through the glass at JLA instantly made him one of my favorite players. I hope Semenov could develop the edge that Fischer has, because he certainly has the potential.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.