HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   hatcher out 4 months (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20526)

hoserthehorrible 10-17-2003 07:05 AM

hatcher out 4 months
 
Hatcher is out 4 months with a torn ACL. Ouch!

It'll be interesting to see how the deep Detroit defense handles this little set back.

Jori 10-17-2003 07:10 AM

Fortunately the Wings have alot of depth and a guy named Hasek in goal. They don't look to be extremely strong 5 on 5, but their PP will keep them in games. They'll survive. Hatcher wasn't a huge loss to the Stars imo, other than a physical standpoint, I don't think Detroit will miss him that much either. I think he's overrated from a defensive stand point, but that's just my opinion.

Ajacied 10-17-2003 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible
Hatcher is out 4 months with a torn ACL. Ouch!

It'll be interesting to see how the deep Detroit defense handles this little set back.

Rather easily I'd say..

Lidstrom - Fisher
Schneider - Chelios
Kronwall/Woolley - Dandenault

Fisher has been a rock, I think their defense is among the best even without Hatcher.

Goulet17 10-17-2003 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible
Hatcher is out 4 months with a torn ACL. Ouch!

It'll be interesting to see how the deep Detroit defense handles this little set back.

If he has a torn ACL, then four months seems extremely optimistic. Typically a torn ACL puts an athlete out a minimum of 6 months. That is about the time frame that Fischer was out last year.

It must only be a partial tear, and a tear that doesn't require surgery.

The interesting thing is that Hatcher could miss approximately four months and still play in all four Wings-Avs matchups. The NHL schedule making is a joke.

Bill Peckerskull 10-17-2003 08:10 AM

Sounds to me like he tore it completely. Even 6 months is iffy. Usually it takes a whole year or more to get back to where a guy was before an ACL injury. But notice that they don't say what ligament he tore, just that he tore one. If it's a MCL or PCL then he should be back by 4 months. But if it's an ACL or LCL, then he will be very lucky to be back and playing well by the play-offs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1640228

Goulet17 10-17-2003 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedBrad
Sounds to me like he tore it completely. Even 6 months is iffy. Usually it takes a whole year or more to get back to where a guy was before an ACL injury. But notice that they don't say what ligament he tore, just that he tore one. If it's a MCL or PCL then he should be back by 4 months. But if it's an ACL or LCL, then he will be very lucky to be back and playing well by the play-offs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1640228

Apparently it is a torn ACL according to tsn.ca, and they state that he will have surgery which indicates to me a total rather than partial tear.

avfan#21 10-17-2003 08:25 AM

in 95-96 Krupp tore his ACL and was out until the beginning of the playoffs, he was a huge exception then. I don't know how much medicine has caught up with the ACL tear since that time.

Mr. Avalanche 10-17-2003 10:46 AM

Now they say Al MacInnis's eye is giving him trouble again and could be out indefinetly.


Just keep that injury bug away from our D :)

nathan 10-17-2003 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL
When was the last time a player came back from an ACL tear and became as good as he had been?

Well, if we look at NFL, then Jamal Lewis is definitely doing well after an ACL tear. Actually I think it was his 2nd because he also tore it in college...I think.

But even in the case for any sport, full recovery from an ACL tear is very rare.

Kukla 10-17-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL
When was the last time a player came back from an ACL tear and became as good as he had been?

--
KL

Jiri Fischer

avs1dacup 10-17-2003 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkwjr
Jiri Fischer

3 games means nothing. we'll see how he plays down the stretch.

DarioinDenver 10-17-2003 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
Hatcher wasn't a huge loss to the Stars imo, other than a physical standpoint, I don't think Detroit will miss him that much either. I think he's overrated from a defensive stand point, but that's just my opinion.


Agreed. His injury just made Detroit's defense faster.
Plus the new mandated soft elbow pads by the league this year dropped Hatcher's stock :D

hoserthehorrible 10-17-2003 03:04 PM

Kronwall, Wooley, Dandenault.... or Hatcher???? If I'm the coach I know who I'd rather have short term.

Vincent Vega 10-17-2003 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL
He isnt as good as he was.

--
KL

....You want to tell me why?

Enoch 10-17-2003 09:47 PM

Hatcher should be ready to go come playoff time, and that is all that really matters for the Wings.

Free Agent 10-17-2003 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL
He isnt as good as he was.

--
KL

You're absolutely right.

He's better.

Miller259 10-18-2003 11:27 AM

Is it a leap year or something?
 
I'm hating the wings a little more this season, I don't really know why, it's just something I feel. Everybody with the exception of Yzerman and McCarty, I really don't like these guys. I wouldn't want to see any of them get injured, but I really want to see them get pounded game after game after game. I think maybe it's because the yankees won a couple days ago.....


I was just wondering if anybody else has felt the same thing?

MileHigh 10-18-2003 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller259
I'm hating the wings a little more this season, I don't really know why, it's just something I feel. Everybody with the exception of Yzerman and McCarty, I really don't like these guys. I wouldn't want to see any of them get injured, but I really want to see them get pounded game after game after game. I think maybe it's because the yankees won a couple days ago.....


I was just wondering if anybody else has felt the same thing?

How can you hate the entire Wings team, except for McCarty?

But anyways I think what added to the fivalry is how the two went completely when it came to how they play their games. Detriot went defensive and Colorado went offensive. It should make the games very interesting later on if Hatcher is available.

ABasin 10-19-2003 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkwjr
Jiri Fischer

You can tell that after 3 games?!?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.