HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Microwaved Butter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20539)

RattledSABRE 10-17-2003 07:52 AM

Microwaved Butter

I noticed a couple of games ago but I thought I would say it now these guys are softer than microwaved butter.I know we went for more offence in the summer but man did every guy have to be under 6 feet tall.Getting pounded every night will only last so long before the public outcry begins (unless I'm furthering the cause now).We need size,sooner rather than later,or else you'll soon see the Ovechkin posts coming soon to a thread near you.

PS Peters is a monster (only guy) maybe he should pound a few guys in the dressing room,besides Boulton, to get things going.

imyourhuckleberry 10-17-2003 07:59 AM

not to discredit Laraque, but Peters seems to be getting beat alot lately. He doesn't seem to show the same confidence he had in pre season as well as his ability to balance himself during his fights

Kozak72 10-17-2003 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabres22
not to discredit Laraque, but Peters seems to be getting beat alot lately. He doesn't seem to show the same confidence he had in pre season as well as his ability to balance himself during his fights

Been noticing the same. He gets spun around and can't keep his balance.

Rhett4 10-17-2003 08:35 AM

He went toe to toe with Godard and he beat Cairns. That's all good.

Downey spun him off balance using Boulton's favorite little man tactic of staying out of reach and making them punch down (which throws off the center of gravity). There's not much a big guy can do if they can't draw the opponent in close.

Against Laraque, he got soundly beat. But what did you expect? He's the champ and for good reason.

KillToronto 10-17-2003 08:56 AM

One thing that sickened me in yesterday's loss was Briere's pathetic attempt to stick-check Torres when he scored. Briere is small, weak, and not physical. Sure he's a good playmaker, but he's never going to make any plays when he's getting his tiny ass kicked all day every day. We need a player like Tyson Nash in here. If we don't, it's going to be a long, painful season watching teams beat up on our forwards and sorority-like defense.

Buffaloed 10-17-2003 10:00 AM

The Flames game will provide an interesting contrast in management philosophies. Whereas the Sabres went mainly for skill this offseason, the Flames concentrated on adding size. There's not a smurf left in the Calgary lineup.

Additions - D Rhett Warrener, D Jesse Wallin, F Krzysztof Oliwa, F Steven Reinprecht, F Matt Davidson, F Josh Green
(the Flames also added 6'3" 210lb Shean Donovan late last season)

Deletions - F Chris Drury, F Steve Begin, F Scott Nichol, D Bob Boughner, G J-F Damphousse

Mr Brownstone 10-17-2003 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillToronto
One thing that sickened me in yesterday's loss was Briere's pathetic attempt to stick-check Torres when he scored. Briere is small, weak, and not physical. Sure he's a good playmaker, but he's never going to make any plays when he's getting his tiny ass kicked all day every day. We need a player like Tyson Nash in here. If we don't, it's going to be a long, painful season watching teams beat up on our forwards and sorority-like defense.

Another thing was on the Hemsky goal I believe it was where he was allllllllllll alone in front and Zhitnik is floating around behind the net. Hemsky should have been on the seat of his pants there.

imyourhuckleberry 10-17-2003 10:38 AM

Ted Nolan is going to be on the simon cast today, itll be interesting to hear what he has to say.....dont ask me why

Takeo 10-17-2003 10:46 AM

Peters is a badass by Sabres standards, but he doesn't intimidate anyone. That said, I give him props for fighting Laraque, nevermind the outcome.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-20-2003 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
He went toe to toe with Godard and he beat Cairns. That's all good.

Downey spun him off balance using Boulton's favorite little man tactic of staying out of reach and making them punch down (which throws off the center of gravity). There's not much a big guy can do if they can't draw the opponent in close.

Against Laraque, he got soundly beat. But what did you expect? He's the champ and for good reason.

And just showing up against Laraque is important. Ray avoided Laraque, and that signaled to me when Ray should have retired.

http://www.laraque27.com/ArticlesOpi...nsToMakeRayPay

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-20-2003 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
The Flames game will provide an interesting contrast in management philosophies. Whereas the Sabres went mainly for skill this offseason, the Flames concentrated on adding size. There's not a smurf left in the Calgary lineup.

Additions - D Rhett Warrener, D Jesse Wallin, F Krzysztof Oliwa, F Steven Reinprecht, F Matt Davidson, F Josh Green
(the Flames also added 6'3" 210lb Shean Donovan late last season)

Deletions - F Chris Drury, F Steve Begin, F Scott Nichol, D Bob Boughner, G J-F Damphousse

2-0 Sabres.

Devo-2 10-20-2003 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
And just showing up against Laraque is important. Ray avoided Laraque, and that signaled to me when Ray should have retired.

http://www.laraque27.com/ArticlesOpi...nsToMakeRayPay

Thanks for the link LaLa. Great read. Laraque is one bad ass Mo Fo, and I too give Peters credit for even getting involved. I think Andrew needs to start his NHL fighting career with some cruiserweights. Trying to go after Brashear and then Laraque is asking a bit much. While he seemed to fight within himself in the preseason, he has reverted back to throwing off balance haymakers recently. That was his problem in the AHL.

buffalowing 10-20-2003 05:04 PM

Can we please bring up Mcmorrow instead?

WhoIsJimBob 10-21-2003 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffalowing
Can we please bring up Mcmorrow instead?

McMorrow has a broken knuckle on his right hand I believe. I don't think he's going to fighting for the next while.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-21-2003 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devo-2
Thanks for the link LaLa. Great read. Laraque is one bad ass Mo Fo, and I too give Peters credit for even getting involved. I think Andrew needs to start his NHL fighting career with some cruiserweights. Trying to go after Brashear and then Laraque is asking a bit much. While he seemed to fight within himself in the preseason, he has reverted back to throwing off balance haymakers recently. That was his problem in the AHL.

I hate these websites that try and install spyware.

That article also gives some indication of the merits of having a Laraque or true enforcer on your team. I really hope Peters does that, because we will play much braver and have more space if he does.

1970 10-22-2003 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RattledSABRE
PS Peters is a monster (only guy) maybe he should pound a few guys in the dressing room,besides Boulton, to get things going.

Peters sucks IMO. He has giant balls i agree. He will fight vs anybody. But he NEVER checks anybody. Never goes after anybody. The only thing he does is fight. He brings no energy to the 4th line. No checking, no intensity, no nothing. Send Peters to Rochester and bring up players who will do that kind of stuff, maybe Milan Bartovic. Once Boulton comes in of course.

buffalowing 10-22-2003 07:29 PM

Did you look at that website? Laraque wins every fight and it is always with a huge left according to that page.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-23-2003 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTL
That article is so bs...Guerin is a pretty tough customer...ducking Laraque but taking on Guerin isn't that disrespectful.

If you're Rob Ray or a supposed enforcer, it sure as hell is. Not quite as lame as Domi trying to fight Jason Woolley, but close.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-24-2003 05:34 AM

Ray ducked Laraque in order to go after Guerin. Not only that, he went after Weight too. It is was cheap on Ray's part. To his credit, Laraque called Ray on it and kicked the holy snot out of him.