HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Game #35 12/28/05 Predators @ Canucks 9:30pm CDT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=205642)

sparkle twin 12-28-2005 03:28 AM

GDT: Game #35 12/28/05 Predators @ Canucks 9:30pm CDT

:nashville @ :nucks

9:30pm CDT - GM Place - No TV - 104.5 FM

*Have to watch the Canucks broadcast because once again FSN decided a road game isn't worth showing.

Last night was a great road win. Now we need to keep it going and get a win in a place we haven't won since 2000. It's going to be another hard fought, hard hitting game. We've got 6/6 pts so far, let's make it 8/8 tonight!

Go Predators!

*OK, I am going out of town in a few hours so by the time the game is starting I'll be in PA (I won't be back until Jan. 5). So if we win tonight, I hereby officially pass on my GDT duties to another Predator fan. You have to keep the same format for it to work (the pred head must face the other teams logo)! (if the game outcome isn't what we expect, then nevermind). Hope you all have a Happy New Year!

barrytrotzsneck 12-28-2005 05:42 AM

At first I would have thought maybe Mason gets the nod in the second of back-to-back games, but I'd rather see Vokoun get back on the horse after a rough game last night.

Read that Walker is officially participating in full practice with the team again, and that he feels like he's trimmed some time off the initial estimate of his injury. I wonder how Legwand is doing.

Pred303 12-28-2005 06:48 AM

vancouver finishes their 6 game homestand tonight and they've lost all 5 so far (0-2-3)...when they started this homestand they were 13-1-0 at home... just shows how strange this game of hockey can be.. well that, and their goaltending sucks most nights

Pred303 12-28-2005 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
At first I would have thought maybe Mason gets the nod in the second of back-to-back games, but I'd rather see Vokoun get back on the horse after a rough game last night.

Read that Walker is officially participating in full practice with the team again, and that he feels like he's trimmed some time off the initial estimate of his injury. I wonder how Legwand is doing.

trotz seems consistent on this mason-vokoun rotation in back-to-backs.. i'm thinking mason will still be in there, and then we come back with a rested vokoun day after tomorrow against Edmonton..

not saying i don't wish it would be vokoun...

Steveorama 12-28-2005 11:23 AM

Canucks are doing some line juggling for tonight's game.
The probable lineup:

Naslund-Bertuzzi-Ruutu
D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Carter
Cooke-Morrison-Park
Rypien-Kesler-Linden

Allen-Jovanovski
Ohlund-Bieksa
McCarthy-Salo

Auld (S)
Ouelette

jstreet 12-28-2005 11:25 AM

what happens tonight is simply anybody's guess. tonight our top lines need to show up, imagine our game when we start rolling 4 consitant offensive lines. Committee scoring is definetly a great way to play hockey.

benbouch 12-28-2005 11:53 AM

Someone knows if Sullivan play tonight ???

The_Cube 12-28-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steveorama
Canucks are doing some line juggling for tonight's game.
The probable lineup:

Naslund-Bertuzzi-Ruutu
D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Carter
Cooke-Morrison-Park
Rypien-Kesler-Linden

Allen-Jovanovski
Ohlund-Bieksa
McCarthy-Salo

Auld (S)
Ouelette

These lines won't happen. Ruutu only plays with Bertuzzi and Naslund on the PP with Morrison on the point. Bertuzzi only plays center on the PP, NEVER on 5on5. If there is any line juggling, it will be Kesler taking Morrisons spot or Cooke taking Bertuzzis. Anyways, this should be a good game as both a Canucks and Predators fan.

Olaf 12-28-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbouch
Someone knows if Sullivan play tonight ???

He should play, Trotz held him out late in the game last night for precautionary measures to make sure it was not a concussion. I am glad he did ....

Sully said he was upset at not being able to play but understood. I suspect he will be ok for tonight.

Will be interesting to see if Beech and/or Allison get action tonight...and who might sit.

Joe T Choker 12-28-2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf
He should play, Trotz held him out late in the game last night for precautionary measures to make sure it was not a concussion. I am glad he did ....

Sully said he was upset at not being able to play but understood. I suspect he will be ok for tonight.

Will be interesting to see if Beech and/or Allison get action tonight...and who might sit.

don't mess with chemistry ... Hartnell better stay out of the box though

crossxcheck 12-28-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf

the only certain thing I can promise is we'll see a 4th line of hordichuk-smithson-tootoo. that line has been a killer.

Steveorama 12-28-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Cube
These lines won't happen. Ruutu only plays with Bertuzzi and Naslund on the PP with Morrison on the point. Bertuzzi only plays center on the PP, NEVER on 5on5. If there is any line juggling, it will be Kesler taking Morrisons spot or Cooke taking Bertuzzis. Anyways, this should be a good game as both a Canucks and Predators fan.

Guess again.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...5-d9dd29aedbd8

Unlike some posters on these boards, I don't pull line combos out of my butt.
Crawford has already confirmed he will start with these combos tonight.
If it is all a ruse to confuse the Preds, it is a damned elaborate one.

The_Cube 12-28-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steveorama
Guess again.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...5-d9dd29aedbd8

Unlike some posters on these boards, I don't pull line combos out of my butt.
Crawford has already confirmed he will start with these combos tonight.
If it is all a ruse to confuse the Preds, it is a damned elaborate one.

Wow, that's a total suprise to me. Bertuzzi will lead the game in faceoff loses.

golfmade 12-28-2005 02:08 PM

Should be a fast game, can't wait to see how we handle guys like Naslund and Bertuzzi.

barrytrotzsneck 12-28-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
don't mess with chemistry ... Hartnell better stay out of the box though

I wish you had been able to see the game rather than listen to it. Aside from ONE penalty on Hartnell, the rest were pretty bad calls. I'm not sure what Trotz was going for, benching him.

anguscertified 12-28-2005 03:09 PM

looking forward to a good game, the preds have lots of speed and talent, should be a good one (if the Canucks decide to show up..)

Pred303 12-28-2005 04:07 PM

i'm not disputing the calls against hartnell... i think all four of them were possibly deserved...the fact is they were all retaliating against missed calls against the guy.. he would get hammered and strike back and get called for it... so i have an understanding of WHY he commited the things that got called, but he has to be smarter than that after getting called once or twice.. that last time hartnell actually tried to kick the guy after he'd been crosschecked down.. this is what trotz was mad about, the fact he did it FOUR frigging times,and took us off three powerplays.... you just cann't do that that many times in one game

god i hate to see magoo ref a game

Predonater 12-28-2005 04:56 PM

Looking forward to this tonight. Just wish that it was on TV, but I guess I will survive. I swear, if FOX doesn't straighten up soon, I am going to personally go to Atlanta and have a sit down with some people. LOL!!! Seriously though, black out an away game??? In Canada for goodness sakes????? Rediculous!

Let's Go Predators!!!!

Pred303 12-28-2005 05:47 PM

one thing i wish we'd see tonight, but i know we won't...is for trotz to try upshall out on the halfboards on the 2nd unit powerplay... let perreault and hall take the other two pp forward spots with this unit, and get erat off the halfboards out there on this unit... it amazes me every time we put our second unit out there right now...sloppy passes, can hardly ever get the puck set up in the offensive zone, we cann't win battles along the boards with this unit (unless it happens to be hall doing the battling), then if we finally do get set up then perreault or erat fumbles the puck and gives the pk'ers time to close and contest whenever we do... the most amazing thing is, is that we actually score goals with this unit out there, but it's almost always the result of total garbage...hall and perreault seem to find the puck on their stick in scoring positions time and again with about 5 seconds to go in the pp with this unit out, usually thru sheer luck it seems like..

DocMcKay 12-28-2005 06:52 PM

Hey is any place in Nashville showing this game? Bar, sports bar, or whatever bar? :dunno: Does Center Ice have this one?

monster_bertuzzi 12-28-2005 06:56 PM

Interested to see how the 'Nucks stack up against one of the West's best. The Preds might be tired though.

Seth Lake 12-28-2005 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocMcKay
Hey is any place in Nashville showing this game? Bar, sports bar, or whatever bar? :dunno: Does Center Ice have this one?

Don't know who would be showing it (I know Eddie's across from the GEC has the Center Ice package, but I'm sure others do too), but YES...the game is on Center Ice. They will be showing the Vancouver TSN feed.

Seth Lake 12-28-2005 07:18 PM

GOOD NEWS:
We have a different set of referees tonight! Mike Leggo (3) and Bob Langdon (37) will be the officials. A younger set of officials than last night.

All I'm saying is...thankfully it's not McGeough :clap:

The_Cube 12-28-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake
GOOD NEWS:
We have a different set of referees tonight! Mike Leggo (3) and Bob Langdon (37) will be the officials. A younger set of officials than last night.

All I'm saying is...thankfully it's not McGeough :clap:

Langdon has called some questionable penalties before. Leggo, IMO, has been one of the most consistent refs this season. :propeller

Team_Spirit 12-28-2005 09:40 PM

Nice goal by Darcy , maybe he will pull a Howe hat trick :D