HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AM Fan 590 this afternoon... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20584)

Marchy79 10-17-2003 10:27 AM

AM Fan 590 this afternoon...

Interesting Talk Radio in Toronto this afternoon... they had Rick Green and Pat Hickey on their 'Leafs Lunch' program (w/ former Asst. GM Bill Watters and Jeff Merrick)
Anyways... they assume that we are still as small as we were last year, and the leafs should play a physical game to beat us up as we are a team that does not like the physical aspect of the game...

Watters was also shocked that Komisarek was sent down before Hainsey... (they also could not come up with an explanation why :p )
Not only Komi, but they saw dropping Gordie Dwyer to Hamilton was huge loss physically... :rolleyes:

Man o Man all I was thinking was, why would ANYONE in the media talk about the team, if they DONT KNOW the team?

We are a whole lot bigger than last year, many more physical players are habs now (Begin, Langdon, Ryder, Ward, Souray, Rivet, Quintal,)
Not to mention Audette, Zednik, Koivu like feistiness in their diet..
Hossa is big, Kilger can hit...

habfan4 10-17-2003 11:23 AM

:D

Your biggest mistake was thinking that the Leaf apologists on the "Fan" would have any useful insights about the Habs.

gted85 10-17-2003 11:42 AM

just to clarify, the leaf lunch is on Mojo Radio AM 640 not the Fan 590

Team_Spirit 10-17-2003 01:07 PM

why ex-leafs coach talk about AHL Habs player on Toronton radio ? maybe they are concerned about the Dogs ?

Marchy79 10-17-2003 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggat_10
just to clarify, the leaf lunch is on Mojo Radio AM 640 not the Fan 590

Ya that's what I meant.. lol :joker:

I still listen every day going to school (cause it's hockey, and it's actually an interesting program when Watters talks about the deals pulled/almost pulled when he was an executive for the laffs;
i.e. He was talking the other day about how he almost got Vinny LeC from Dudley before he got canned)

They also had Rick Green and Pat Hickey on the program...
Pat Hickey said the difference between this year and last year is that the team is all on the same page, playing the same system for a change...
Rick Green was talking about the defence, he stated that Souray was great to have back on the defence, Brisebois is playing well, basically every one is doing their job... and as for Komisarek, He said it was basically just as it looks, a #'s game, + he didn't win his role out of training camp, he also said he will definately be back (Obviously) and it is a very good role to have 2 solid prospects (Hainsey and Komisarek) to be knocking on the door, but due to the fact that nobody has dropped the ball, Komi was sent down for playing time.