HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs lineup in 3 years? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20693)

KnuklZ 10-17-2003 08:21 PM

Habs lineup in 3 years?

Was bored and looked at our current lineup and also at our up and coming prospects. There are alot of players that we will be drafting/trading for so alot could happen from now until then but assuming the players we currently have develop as expected we should be seeing a pretty sweet lineup. I attempted to put them all into lines and was wondering what you guys thought about it. So here we go:

1st scoring line:
Kastsitsyn Koivu Zednik
This could be the first time that Koivu would have 2 potential 30 goal scorers which should allow Koivu to hit the 80 pts mark. This line has great playmaking and speed on the wings.

2nd scoring line:
Ryder Higgins Perezhogin
Higgins could be over 200 lbs by then :P and with his solid 2-way play could potentially be the ideal 2nd line Center that we have been hoping for. This line could be a pest for opposing teams as each player can play both ends of the ice and with Ryder and Higgins have players that dont mind the rough stuff.

3rd checking line:
Bulis Plekanec Ward
Plekanec has shown great progress and IMO is the 3rd line Center of the future. Bulis and Ward are also great 2-way players that can work well along the boards and with Bulis they can open up the ice with his speed.

4th grinder line:
Bonneau Lapierre Ferland
This line will deliver alot of bang. We could have other players on this line that are designated enforcers.

NOTE: If all our prospects develop to their fullest there will have to be some trades as not everyone can play...see Urquhart, Hossa, Ribeiro etc. This does not mean that I have given up on those players but the players above would just fit those roles better imo.

Now to the future defense pairings:

1st pairing:
Markov Komisarek

2 words: Kick Ass

2nd pairing:
Souray Korneev

Korneev a poor mans Markov?

3rd pairing:
Hainsey Korpikari
with Hainsey you get good production and with Korpikari you get good D. both have good size.

In goal its a no brainer...

KOMO_ROCKS 10-17-2003 10:52 PM

lets concentrate on this year first ;)

F. Duchemin 10-17-2003 11:10 PM

yea 3 years is really far...so many things can happen.

habs_24x 10-17-2003 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnuklZ
Was bored and looked at our current lineup and also at our up and coming prospects. There are alot of players that we will be drafting/trading for so alot could happen from now until then but assuming the players we currently have develop as expected we should be seeing a pretty sweet lineup. I attempted to put them all into lines and was wondering what you guys thought about it. So here we go:

1st scoring line:
Kastsitsyn Koivu Zednik
This could be the first time that Koivu would have 2 potential 30 goal scorers which should allow Koivu to hit the 80 pts mark. This line has great playmaking and speed on the wings.

2nd scoring line:
Ryder Higgins Perezhogin
Higgins could be over 200 lbs by then :P and with his solid 2-way play could potentially be the ideal 2nd line Center that we have been hoping for. This line could be a pest for opposing teams as each player can play both ends of the ice and with Ryder and Higgins have players that dont mind the rough stuff.

3rd checking line:
Bulis Plekanec Ward
Plekanec has shown great progress and IMO is the 3rd line Center of the future. Bulis and Ward are also great 2-way players that can work well along the boards and with Bulis they can open up the ice with his speed.

4th grinder line:
Bonneau Lapierre Ferland
This line will deliver alot of bang. We could have other players on this line that are designated enforcers.

NOTE: If all our prospects develop to their fullest there will have to be some trades as not everyone can play...see Urquhart, Hossa, Ribeiro etc. This does not mean that I have given up on those players but the players above would just fit those roles better imo.

1st pairing:
Markov Komisarek

2nd pairing:
Souray Korneev

3rd pairing:
Hainsey Korpikari
with Hainsey you get good production and with Korpikari you get good D. both have good size.

I truly hope to see someone else as first line center. No offence to Saku
but i wish to see my team evolve in the next 3 years. Koivu can be a great 2nd line center.
Ribeiro and Higgins come to mind but remember, its 3 years down the road.
Or maybe a trade could be made for one.

Shazbot 10-18-2003 12:16 AM

i like it.

especially Ryder-Higgins-Perezhogin

Crusher20 10-18-2003 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazbot
i like it.

especially Ryder-Higgins-Perezhogin

nice, thats what i think too. :)

Cant wait to see Markov in 5 years... he might be incredible.

jacklours 10-18-2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnuklZ

1st scoring line:
Kastsitsyn Koivu Zednik

2nd scoring line:
Ryder Higgins Perezhogin

3rd checking line:
Bulis Plekanec Ward

4th grinder line:
Bonneau Lapierre Ferland

1st pairing:
Markov Komisarek

2nd pairing:
Souray Korneev

3rd pairing:
Hainsey Korpikari

Why do we ****ing care about the line-up in three years. What the **** does it change what the line-up is gonna be in three years. Lets be happy were having success so far this season.

And by the way, your line-up is ****. You assume that there will be no trade, plus your assume that most of the prospect are gonna reach the highest hope people have on them. Plus you assume no one from the upcoming drafts will make the team.

in other word: If you got nothing good to say about this year's team, just do like me and don't post.

RE-HABS 10-18-2003 09:17 AM

What about Locke, Urquhart, Balej, Milroy, Archer, Shasby, O'Bryne, Beauchemin, Flood, Stewart, Eneqvist, Deveaux, Puurula and Linhart? What's wrong with those guys, I for one see Koivu gone before Uruhart and Riberio in three years, it will be the end of his contract and plus he will be older and more expendable...especially if he is still prone to injuries like he has been in the past.

Three years is a long time and not all of the mentioned names in your line up will still be Habs, trades happen! Plus we have a lot of other prospects which I mentioned above and not to mention 3 more years of draftiing that will bump some of our other prospects...plus not all will make it, would be nice but it doesn't work that way.

The future is too hard to predict.

hockey_nut 10-18-2003 09:45 AM

Personally, I see Locke and O'Byrne in or just about ready. But again, yes... the future's too hard to predict, but it's fun to think about when you have such great prospects like we do.

Fozz 10-18-2003 10:42 AM

I can't believe that you left Ribeiro out of that list!

The guy is 23 years old... What we're seeing now might only be the beginning of something great.

KnuklZ 10-18-2003 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours
Why do we ****ing care about the line-up in three years. What the **** does it change what the line-up is gonna be in three years. Lets be happy were having success so far this season.

And by the way, your line-up is ****. You assume that there will be no trade, plus your assume that most of the prospect are gonna reach the highest hope people have on them. Plus you assume no one from the upcoming drafts will make the team.

in other word: If you got nothing good to say about this year's team, just do like me and don't post.

If you dont care then why even read the post. The lineup shouldn't be looked at seriously (obviously as I made alot of assumptions that I stated in 1st post) and I only wanted to see peoples reaction as to how they see our prospects and how they would fit into the lineup in the future.

Where again in the original post did I say anything negative about our current team? I like the way the team is playing and if you read the post carefully I said I was bored and put some future lines together.

Keep your tirades to yourself next time...

KnuklZ 10-18-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz
I can't believe that you left Ribeiro out of that list!

The guy is 23 years old... What we're seeing now might only be the beginning of something great.

I agree, Ribeiro is playing awesome. But its up for discussion if he would be our future Nr2 Center wouldnt you agree?

KnuklZ 10-18-2003 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_nut
Personally, I see Locke and O'Byrne in or just about ready. But again, yes... the future's too hard to predict, but it's fun to think about when you have such great prospects like we do.

I live in Ottawa and I have seen Locke play alot with the 67's and it would be a shame if he wouldnt make our team. I heard great things about O'Byrne as well, so you never know...

If every prospect reaches their potential it will be tough to find them spots on this team which is too bad as I like all our prospects :)

KnuklZ 10-18-2003 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
What about Locke, Urquhart, Balej, Milroy, Archer, Shasby, O'Bryne, Beauchemin, Flood, Stewart, Eneqvist, Deveaux, Puurula and Linhart? What's wrong with those guys, I for one see Koivu gone before Uruhart and Riberio in three years, it will be the end of his contract and plus he will be older and more expendable...especially if he is still prone to injuries like he has been in the past.

Three years is a long time and not all of the mentioned names in your line up will still be Habs, trades happen! Plus we have a lot of other prospects which I mentioned above and not to mention 3 more years of draftiing that will bump some of our other prospects...plus not all will make it, would be nice but it doesn't work that way.

The future is too hard to predict.

No way my lines will stand in 3 years as you correctly pointed out a few things will happen:

1. trades
2. entry draft
3. prospects develop into surprise gems (ie Ryder)

What the lineup represents imo is the current core of players in Koivu, Bulis, Markov, Zednik, Souray and goalies with the addition of our best prospects and where they would fit in 3 years (potentially).

I was hoping that ppl would challenge my evaluation of where I placed prospects. You named alot of good prospects that could challenge some of the spots on my roster. Could you elaborate where you would see those players and who they would replace?

Thanks for your feedback tho :p