HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bruins/Leafs proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=207439)

friesen12 01-03-2006 12:13 AM

Bruins/Leafs proposal

Bruins get: Ed Belfour and Aki Berg

Leafs get: Andrew Raycroft and Glen Murray

The Bruins are not sure whether they want Raycroft or Toivonnen to be the future starting goalie. This would the Bruins more defense and get a goalie that can fill in till Toivonnen is ready. The Leafs get some insurance just in case Tellqvist does not work out the way they wanted. This trade would only happen in the offseason and would only be possible if Belfour decides to play another year which is not likely.

Verbal Kint* 01-03-2006 12:17 AM

Yeah, not happening.

acr* 01-03-2006 12:17 AM

Ahhhahahhahahahah :biglaugh:

AHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Poignant Discussion 01-03-2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acr
Ahhhahahhahahahah :biglaugh:

AHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Said perfectly

Mr BLUEandWHITE 01-03-2006 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friesen12

The Bruins are not sure whether they want Raycroft or Toivonnen to be the future starting goalie. This would the Bruins more defense and get a goalie that can fill in till Toivonnen is ready. The Leafs get some insurance just in case Tellqvist does not work out the way they wanted. This trade would only happen in the offseason and would only be possible if Belfour decides to play another year which is not likely.

wow the leafs get away like bandits here. belfour is old and berg sucks he wouldnt help he would be a burden and there both UFA in the offseason. i would like to get murray but this trade is just never going to happen...if they trade murray/raycroft there gonna want players that help them in the future

Rand 01-03-2006 02:20 AM

Sooo... when was Maggie the Monkey hired as Boston's GM?

BostonBob 01-03-2006 03:44 AM

Quote:

Please tell me that you are kidding. :shakehead

King'sPawn 01-03-2006 04:17 AM

How about Toronto trades McCabe for Gill instead?

BostonBob 01-03-2006 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rand

As soon as Jeremy Jacobs found out that he would work for peanuts.

fullclip 01-03-2006 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonBob
As soon as Jeremy Jacobs found out that he would work for peanuts.

:biglaugh:

mydnyte 01-03-2006 08:45 AM

although the Leafs win by a wide margin, the Leafs wouldnt do this deal ...nobody should take on that nasty contract of Murray's.

Vic Rattlehead* 01-03-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rand

Maggie the Monkey would actually be an improvement over Mike O'Connell.

BostonBob 01-03-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Maggie the Monkey would actually be an improvement over Mike O'Connell.

I wonder if Maggie would have made the Thornton deal ??? I bet that she would have held out for Marleau.

Kritty 01-03-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

This has got to be one of the worst ones I've seen in recent memory. An aging, pricey goalie and a #5/6 dman for a Calder winner and a 25+ goal winger. Yup, makes alot of sense. Just the reasoning alone should show the weight that should be put on this proposal. "This would the Bruins more defence". Berg gives the more defence? Yes, a body, but that's about it. "A goalie that can fill in till Toivonen is ready". Have you watched Boston this year? Toivonen is ready, hence the reason he is starting. "Trade should only happen if Belfour decides to play another year". Ya, Boston is gonna jump for joy to land a guy that will play one more season. Just pathetic.

"although the Leafs win by a wide margin, the Leafs wouldnt do this deal ...nobody should take on that nasty contract of Murray's." Hmmmm, let's look at these contracts:

Murray, 1st line scorer, makes 4.15 million
Berg, 3rd pairing dman, makes 1.064 million
Belfour, aging goalie close to retirement, makes 4.56 million

Where exactly does Murray's become the nasty contract? Looks to me like Berg's and Belfour's are the nasty ones.

Aki Berg 01-03-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Typical homer Bruin fan proposal.

Aki for a couple of scrubs.

Then you throw in the Eagle.

Darth Milbury 01-03-2006 06:15 PM

It is not as bad as you suggest, Kritty. Belfour is an impending UFA, Murray is not. If the Bruins make this deal, they have Belfour as a backup until the summer and they hand the goaltending reigns to a rookie. After the season, they walk away from Belfour contract, unload Berg, and then they have tons of payroll room to add players with this summer. Toronto gets a excellent young goaltender (who has struggled this season - although I think that is a blip) but also sucks up Murray's contract.

BostonBob 01-03-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
It is not as bad as you suggest, Kritty. Belfour is an impending UFA, Murray is not. If the Bruins make this deal, they have Belfour as a backup until the summer and they hand the goaltending reigns to a rookie. After the season, they walk away from Belfour contract, unload Berg, and then they have tons of payroll room to add players with this summer. Toronto gets a excellent young goaltender (who has struggled this season - although I think that is a blip) but also sucks up Murray's contract.

But using your logic all Boston gets for " an excellent young goaltender " is cap space. Not much of a return for a guy that won the last Calder.

King'sPawn 01-03-2006 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury

I think it's a horrible trade for the Bruins.

Raycroft is a very talented young goalie, whose value to the Bruins is worth more than Belfour and Berg combined. The Bruins at the rate they're going, will not be competing for the playoffs, so a veteran goalie who's likely to retire after this season is worthless to them.

And Berg? He's an improvement over Gill, but not worth paying Raycroft and Murray as a difference.

If the Bruins want to manage their assets properly, they'll trade Raycroft for either 1) another young, talented player who will contribute for years or 2) a veteran who will lead them through the playoffs when they make it.

Murray is useful when he has a good center, which the Maple Leafs have. He should produce very well with Allison or Sundin. The freedom of salary at the end of the year isn't worth the difference, either; the Flyers basically freed up the cap space of Roenick to sign Forsberg, and it only cost them a third round pick.

Darth Milbury 01-03-2006 07:06 PM

There is no doubt that it is a terrible deal for the Bruins, in terms of the on-ice product. But, if Boston was really desperate to unload salary, it might make sense. I'm not saying I'd do it, but it is not completely illogical.

Frankly, if this deal was offered, I think Boston would be more anxious to do it than Toronto. I doubt Toronto would absorb Murray's contract just to get Raycroft.

Rand 01-03-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty
Murray, 1st line scorer, makes 4.15 million
Berg, 3rd pairing dman, makes 1.064 million
Belfour, aging goalie close to retirement, makes 4.56 million

Where exactly does Murray's become the nasty contract? Looks to me like Berg's and Belfour's are the nasty ones.

Berg and Belfour are also UFA after the season ;)

Vic Rattlehead* 01-03-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn

And Berg? He's an improvement over Gill, but not worth paying Raycroft and Murray as a difference.

I don't know about that, but Gill will not be in Boston next year (same as Slegr) so Berg would be pretty useless in Boston.

When healthy, the defence should be:

Boynton-Stuart
Leetch-Tanabe
Gill-Slegr
Jurcina-Alberts

Jurcina and Alberts have been far superior to Gill and Slegr this year, but Sullivan always decides to play Gill and Slegr, who each have over 50 PIMs, taking a stupid penelty every game.