HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Blackhawks scouting Kings/Stars? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=207503)

Beauty, eh? 01-03-2006 05:15 AM

Blackhawks scouting Kings/Stars?

I saw Marc Bergevin (pro scout for the Hawks) walking around at the Kings-Stars game last night. He was carrying a laptop bag, so I assumed he was there scouting but I didn't know who for. Someone on the NHL board informed me he works for the Hawks.

multiball 01-03-2006 05:27 AM

Good eye~ I don't think 99.9% of the crowd would recognize Marc Bergevin if he had his old jersey on! The 'Hawks are looking for dance partners. Aucoin is a major dissappointment in Chi and my guess is that Bill Wirtz is probably looking to dump him. He'd be a great fit in LA, except for that albatros of a contract. I hope for the Kings' sake that noone else from that awful team would be coming this way - unless his name is "Tuomo". They've got a bit of "small forward" talent, but that is something that the Kings already have in spades.

Fat Elvis 01-03-2006 09:53 AM

I wouldn't mind Vandermeer.

JT8888 01-03-2006 10:24 AM

I wouldnt mind Bell

swinginutter* 01-03-2006 10:36 AM

I wouldn't mind Vandy, Bell, or Calder. Ruutu would be the ultimate but it will never happen. At least not until the next ten years.

Old Hickory 01-03-2006 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
I saw Marc Bergevin (pro scout for the Hawks) walking around at the Kings-Stars game last night. He was carrying a laptop bag, so I assumed he was there scouting but I didn't know who for. Someone on the NHL board informed me he works for the Hawks.

Reason #748.6 why Beauty, eh? rocks :yo:

Reaper45 01-03-2006 12:26 PM

I saw him too, but didn't think anything about it.

I doubt it's anyone you guys listed. If anything it's maybe someone like Cullimore or Lapointe, although a pipe dream for me would be Barnaby.

Captain Ron 01-03-2006 12:37 PM

I am more interested in who the Hawks would be scouting on the Kings. It is not like Chicago is only one or two players away from being a contender. This is a team in rebuild mode. So they would most likely be looking to trade a veteran for some younger talent. At this point I can't think of any veterans that Chicago has that I would be willing to give a young player up for.:dunno:

Sybil227 01-03-2006 12:59 PM

Do they still own the rights to Savard?
A Robitaille/Savard/Secord line would be wicked!

....20 years ago

Reaper45 01-03-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
I am more interested in who the Hawks would be scouting on the Kings. It is not like Chicago is only one or two players away from being a contender. This is a team in rebuild mode. So they would most likely be looking to trade a veteran for some younger talent. At this point I can't think of any veterans that Chicago has that I would be willing to give a young player up for.:dunno:

Could've been scouting the Stars instead.

Captain Ron 01-03-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45

I hope so......because the last thing the Kings need is a Cammi + Pick trade to Chicago for some has-been veteran.:(

Beauty, eh? 01-03-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multiball
Good eye~ I don't think 99.9% of the crowd would recognize Marc Bergevin if he had his old jersey on! T

LOL....the only reason I recognized him is because I had just watched that "Fearless" documentary on OLN about Lemieux and he is in it a few times. He's got some weird looking glasses that totally stick out and I noticed him immediately. I was also walking behind him and I said "Bergevin" a bit loud and he turned around and looked at me. I just needed my own personal confirmation :)

Beauty, eh? 01-03-2006 01:15 PM

Supposedly Arnason is available....

King'sPawn 01-03-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Even if he was scouting the Stars, so what? I hate to ruin the excitement here, but these guys do get paid to scout. Just because they're scouting doesn't mean they are interested in trading with a team in particular. I'd be pretty ticked with DT if he had his scouts on standby and didn't have them going about.

jfont 01-03-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?
LOL....the only reason I recognized him is because I had just watched that "Fearless" documentary on OLN about Lemieux and he is in it a few times. He's got some weird looking glasses that totally stick out and I noticed him immediately. I was also walking behind him and I said "Bergevin" a bit loud and he turned around and looked at me. I just needed my own personal confirmation :)

well you should have asked him why he's there then...

Beauty, eh? 01-03-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
well you should have asked him why he's there then...

I figured he worked for OLN....

Reaper45 01-03-2006 02:11 PM

I thought he worked for the Stars. I couldn't think of another reason for him to be there when I saw him.

Capn Brown 01-03-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob

Grebs?

Reaper45 01-03-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks
Grebs?

Or Clarke.

Venom_17 01-03-2006 03:44 PM

I would drool if we got Aucoin.

Old Hickory 01-03-2006 03:45 PM

Quote:

Or Clarke.

Clarke has cleared to waivers this year, he doesn't have much value.

Reaper45 01-03-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Clarke has cleared to waivers this year, he doesn't have much value.

If Chicago went back into a full rebuild mode, you never know.

bland 01-03-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks
Grebs?

Chicago has young d-men up the wazoo. I'd bet that Bergevin may have been taking a long look-see at Arnott.

Osprey 01-03-2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bland
Chicago has young d-men up the wazoo. I'd bet that Bergevin may have been taking a long look-see at Arnott.

That would make sense. Dallas is struggling without Boucher (as odd as that may sound), so they could be interested in Aucoin. Arnott has something like 1 goal in the last 15 games and was demoted to the 4th line last night. Something like Aucoin for Arnott could help both teams.

jfont 01-03-2006 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
That would make sense. Dallas is struggling without Boucher (as odd as that may sound), so they could be interested in Aucoin. Arnott has something like 1 goal in the last 15 games and was demoted to the 4th line last night. Something like Aucoin for Arnott could help both teams.

if they want to rebuild, arnott is not their man...