HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NJ/ EDM idea (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20765)

mdhockey211 10-18-2003 06:24 AM

NJ/ EDM idea

NJ Gets: Mike Comrie and Steve Staois

EDM Gets: Brian Gionta, Turner Stevenson and David Hale and 4th rd pick

AvsGuy 10-18-2003 06:36 AM

well, for your first proposal, i would say not bad. Edmonton picks up some nice young players in Gionta and Hale, and some good experience in Stevenson.

i dunno. i guess i'd need another opinion, because i don't know enough about the players being traded.

Divine Wind 10-18-2003 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdhockey211

Turn Staios to Cross, and drop the 4th, and you got a deal~!

Chayos 10-18-2003 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdhockey211

I think the oil would need a deal that was similar but diffferent.

Maybe soemthing like Parise and Hale for comrie. They get a good prospect and a D-man that can step right in. I could also see the oil wanting Matin instead of Hale.

Evil Sather 10-18-2003 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1

Maybe soemthing like Parise and Hale for comrie. They get a good prospect and a D-man that can step right in. I could also see the oil wanting Matin instead of Hale.

NO TEAM, I repeat, NO TEAM trades their 1st round pick from the previous year. They're almost universally regarded as the team's "best prospect" because, I dunno, they're new? For whatever reason, NJ fans will ***** a brick over that one.

The teams are NOT good trading partners because they both need D -- the Oilers for reasons that have been explained ad nauseum, and the Devils are playing 2 guys who are what 20?

Missionhockey 10-18-2003 07:47 AM

Quote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Oh wait your serious?

windowlicker 10-18-2003 09:22 AM

ugh.. . . . .

1. Lou has said he has no interest in Comrie (thats a good indicator hes not interested in Comrie)

2. Lowe will not trade for Zach Parise no matter what. If he did, he would make himself and his scouting staff look like fools.

3. All these Comrie proposals are making me feel sea-sick . . . .

NJ_Devil_Boy 10-18-2003 01:34 PM

Quote:

Maybe soemthing like Parise and Hale for comrie.

Would the Oilers like Martin in that deal too? :lol:

Chayos 10-18-2003 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy

Hmm let me see i give you a 23 year old centre who has average over 50 points a season in both his 1st 2 years and had 33 goals in one of them and you give me 2 unproven prospects one of whom i could have drafted but chose to pass up and you think I am being humorous? Well I only threw this out there to let you know comries value in the eye of the oilers. The way i see it you get to add a 30 goal center to your line up where as the oil get to add a 1st year unproven d-man. That seems like a pretty good deal for the devils to me. The reality of this situation is with gomez at center the devils would not want another small center, which makes me wonder why they have to hold onto parise so badly.

FacelessButcher 10-18-2003 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy

Ya, I like him u can throw him in to I guess we could find a use for that loser :D, and that would make it more even too huh? ;) :lol:

Seachd 10-18-2003 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Sather
NO TEAM, I repeat, NO TEAM trades their 1st round pick from the previous year.

It's unlikely, but it happens. It happened just this past year. But no, I don't see NJ trading Parise, especially to the Oilers, who passed him up.

Wingboy2999 10-18-2003 08:51 PM

The first proposal seems fair enough to me, if you ask me. And like it was said, change Staois to Cross and done deal.

Spiffy 10-18-2003 09:00 PM

I would like to see a D-man who is ready now coming to the oilers...

FacelessButcher 10-18-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
Turn Staios to Cross, and drop the 4th, and you got a deal~!

I would like Stevenson replaced with someone else hes a good guy but I don't see how he would fit into our line-up he is suited to a 3rd or 4th line role I would probably slot Gionta on our 3rd because I don't think Stevenson could keep up to Reasoner or Moreau and Big George is a lock on 4th line rw. He would be a burden to us at $1.35million as a bench-warmer/depth guy. I'd prefer Berglund or Rupp and we can add something else accordingly.

P.S. Stevenson is injured to boot completely forgot

thome_26 10-18-2003 09:24 PM

The Oilers will not trade for bottom six forwards. They are clogged up already, no need to add Stevenson. The Oiers aren't going to trade Comrie for two or three much lesser players, as their organizational depth is as good as most - but they need to work on quality (that will come with age).

Chayos 10-20-2003 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Actually thats the kind of trades they have been making for some time, downgrades to fit their budget.

The salary of comrie is not the issue as havlat signed for 1.6 plus bonuses and comrie will get the same contract. the problem is he doesn't want to play in edm.