HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Flyers @ Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20771)

Waldo 10-18-2003 06:49 AM

Flyers @ Coyotes

Tonite is the big game I've been looking forward to. I think the coyotes match up well against the Flyers. Size and speed is what you need to play them and we have both. I wonder if Robert Esche will get the call. I just hope that BF doesn't play Boosh tonite. It'll be interesting to note how BF matches against Ken Hitchcock who is an elite coach. Gawd I hope that Burke plays tonite. I'm sure that is what the plan is. It's always exciting to play against the Flyers. They are a really good team and we will be able to get a good handle on how good the Coyotes really are. I am predicting a Coyotes win in a very close but chippy game. I'm hoping for a big game from KK.

Guest 10-18-2003 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waldo
Tonite is the big game I've been looking forward to. I think the coyotes match up well against the Flyers. Size and speed is what you need to play them and we have both. I wonder if Robert Esche will get the call. I just hope that BF doesn't play Boosh tonite. It'll be interesting to note how BF matches against Ken Hitchcock who is an elite coach. Gawd I hope that Burke plays tonite. I'm sure that is what the plan is. It's always exciting to play against the Flyers. They are a really good team and we will be able to get a good handle on how good the Coyotes really are. I am predicting a Coyotes win in a very close but chippy game. I'm hoping for a big game from KK.

Hackett played tonight, so much like Burke, I doubt he'd play back to back, plus Hitch seems to like playing Esche against us. They've already said that Burke came home early from Florida to play tonight, so I expect him to start.

I'm a little worried about the game, because in my opinion Tampa exposed something in the team. Philly has the same offensive potential, but doesn't seem to always capitalize on it. They play a very tight defensive system that limits some of the offense. I don't see Esche being as favorable this year as last year, so we might be able to get through to him.

Burke will no doubt have to hold us together on and off the ice, and make the big saves to keep us in it. I think the team will want to rebound from the loss and prove that they can win, so they might give Burke the offensive support.

PhoPhan 10-18-2003 07:33 AM

I am looking forward to this game too, because I will actually be able to watch it. I don't know how excited I will be come Monday in school, though.

CoyoteBaloney 10-18-2003 07:46 AM

I hate the Flyers.

Prediction:

Flyers -- 0
Coyotes -- 176

PhoPhan 10-18-2003 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
I hate the Flyers.

Prediction:

Flyers -- 0
Coyotes -- 176

Almost as outlandish as the predictions I've made for some flyers-coyotes games over the years, such as:

coyotes 28, flyers -4
The Flyers will suck so much that the referee will be forced to induce a four goal penalty to try to curb there awful play.

and

The Flyers will be forced to forfeit when Jeremy Roenick's tears freeze on the ice, forming an unplayable ice surface.

ulf 10-18-2003 08:20 AM

lol this would be a great time for gratton hrdina and cleary to become dominant out there.

i also hate the flyers and am looking for both hacket and esche being yanked after 2 periods and booch being their new starting goalie by the 3rd

yotes 7 flyers 4

Count of DannyKristo 10-18-2003 08:54 AM

any news on Nagy's status for the game?

CoyoteBaloney 10-18-2003 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan
Almost as outlandish as the predictions I've made for some flyers-coyotes games over the years, such as:

coyotes 28, flyers -4
The Flyers will suck so much that the referee will be forced to induce a four goal penalty to try to curb there awful play.

and

The Flyers will be forced to forfeit when Jeremy Roenick's tears freeze on the ice, forming an unplayable ice surface.

Oh man! Nice one. Negative goals for the Flyers. Why didn't I think of that? You are brilliant!!! :handclap:

PhoPhan 10-18-2003 12:08 PM

If anyone is going tonight, they need to make sure they do everything in their power to get the Coyotes a win. If the Coyotes win, I am going to rub it in everyone's face on Monday. If they lose, I am going to be "home sick" all week.

Koytez7_28 10-18-2003 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik20
any news on Nagy's status for the game?

Nagy practiced today and said he would be playing in tonights game. I hope Zeus plays.

I hate the flyers (except Chico) and really hate JR, so I hope we can beat them :)

Dancing Chicken 10-18-2003 01:43 PM

I REALLY really like this Board.. I hope they Keep JR off the score sheet and Nash gets in his head..

Guest 10-18-2003 01:49 PM

Is everyone's hatred towards Philly an old rivalry, or something that has grown more with the constant bashing of Burke rumors and the 1st rounder we lost last year for Langkow, not to mention the Boucher trade that may have backfired.

Just curious what brought such hatred to the Flyers. I started hating the Flyers the year they played Tampa in the playoffs, I think that was the year they went to the finals. To me they just seemed like a cheap shot hockey team, much like I feel about the Leafs recently. Then I saw Clarke makes trades that I didn't agree with, so it made me hate them more for being stupid.

Dancing Chicken 10-18-2003 01:55 PM

J.R. mainly and his "they will be lucky to win ten games crap"

He can take his JR hockey and put it where the sun dont shine..

Koytez7_28 10-18-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken
J.R. mainly and his "they will be lucky to win ten games crap"

He can take his JR hockey and put it where the sun dont shine..

Exactly. I've always hated J.R.,even when he was a Coyote. The only thing I like about him is the fact that he came back after getting his jaw broken in game 7 of the playoffs. I dont like Tony Amonte either. :)

Flyers26 10-18-2003 04:15 PM

28 to -4,
176-0

You people really show you true colors, and knowledge of the game.

Get real!

Dancing Chicken 10-18-2003 05:11 PM

Oh, come on lossen your panties.. We were joking.. Already Mara is going after JR I love it..

XX 10-18-2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken
Oh, come on lossen your panties.. We were joking.. Already Mara is going after JR I love it..

still no fights yet

Although we injured Gagne and Handzus

Flyers26 10-18-2003 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XavierX
still no fights yet

Although we injured Gagne and Handzus

Zus is playing!

Guess if he was still a yote, he'd be gone for the game!

XX 10-18-2003 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Zus is playing!

Guess if he was still a yote, he'd be gone for the game!

You know its funny you have the same IQ of a certain fantasy creature that can describe you

Troll

ulf 10-18-2003 08:30 PM

dissapointing loss especially with burke in net for a home game...

maybe he tanked it so philly would stop trying to get him in a trade :)

never saw the game but what happened to our vaunted face-off men.

good to see branco on the score sheet and shane as a star.

any updates appreciated!

Matzel 10-18-2003 08:42 PM

Yeah, whatup with that supremacy in the faceoff circle, CT?! We were going to win all the time because of it, remember...?! lol! :joker:

Dancin' Gabe rules! :bow:

GoneFullHextall 10-18-2003 11:04 PM

you can take your 176-0 and your 28-4 predictions and well, i dont think i have to say it.
hits from behind, refs who lose control of the game and the Flyers still win.

Flyers26 10-19-2003 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
you can take your 176-0 and your 28-4 predictions and well, i dont think i have to say it.
hits from behind, refs who lose control of the game and the Flyers still win.

:handclap: :handclap:

Nothing more needs to be said!

hbk 10-19-2003 05:43 AM

was a fairly good game. some very good positives for the team predicted to finish dead last in the NHL.

aggressive play (alright maybe too aggressive at some points), consistent hard effort, and some goals.

Teams have really keyed on Tanabe and he hasn't been the dominant force that he was for the first three games. Mara however has however made his presence known.

After witnessing several attempts by Radislav SUchy to check someone only to land on his butt does anyone still think that Barnett's focus on getting size on our blueline is a mistake? I hate to steal a line from the marketing department of McDonald's but "I'm loving it". Ference may take some bonehead penalties (4 minutes to start the game was a moronic move) but he hits to hurt.

I'm not upset at Burke's play tonight either. His weakness has always been the cross ice pass. That's what San Jose did to us during our playoff run. How did they do it? We had a banged up defense (Teppo's foot, Markov out) and they got our defense to chase without forwards drifting back to check the open man in the slot. Francis and Bowness have some work to do with our defense (no surprise there really) but the forwards were not as defensively responsible as they were in the first three games. This helped to give the Flyers the time and space they needed to make those passes and to have an open man in the slot. A smarter but aggressive penalty kill wkth greater attention to detail should help. Stopping the cross ice pass is key to our penalty kill.

Overall a great learning game for Phoenix.

And for Flyer fans just so we can get something more than criticisms on some playfull predictions I have some questions. Did you think the predicted last place team and the league would play the Flyers that tough? I'm not referring to the score but to the work ethic and never say die attitude displayed tonight? What's your opinion? Is Phoenix headed in the right direction?

PhoPhan 10-19-2003 06:06 AM

Although it was a tough loss, I enjoyed the game. Good effort from both sides, lots of good hits. Very poorly officiated, which kind of messes up the game when players aren't sure what is and what is not a penalty. I must reiterate again how much I hate Steve Coates (Flyers color commentator). He is one of the stupidest people I have ever heard talk about hockey.