HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Potential Kings UFA's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=208343)

Reaper45 01-05-2006 10:43 AM

Potential Kings UFA's

Derek Armstrong
Eric Belanger
Ken Belanger
Jeff Cowan
Nathan Dempsey
Trent Klatt
Mattias Norstrom
Luc Robitaille
Jeremy Roenick

From what I've been able to find, and from the nice little thread they have on the free agent board, this is the list of players who are due to become UFA's this offseason. Obviously Klatt and the Sandman are retired but I listed them anyways.

Sticky this or for those that are interested here you go.

Johnny Utah 01-05-2006 11:50 AM

Roenick and Luc are on that list also....

From those names you listed, I only see Belanger, Army and Norstrom getting offers. Maybe Cowan too...

CBGB 01-05-2006 12:35 PM

Isn't Garon a UFA as well?

Her's the list from Cory Brolund

Derek Armstrong, (III)
Eric Belanger, (III)
Ken Belanger, (III)
Valeri Bure, (III)
Joe Corvo, (III)
Jeff Cowan, (III)
Nathan Dempsey, (III)
Mathieu Garon, (III)
Trent Klatt, (III) - Retired
Luc Robitaille, (III)
Jeremy Roenick, (III)
Brad Smyth, (III) - Manchester
Mike Weaver, (III)

Captain Ron 01-05-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBGB
Isn't Garon a UFA as well?

Her's the list from Cory Brolund

Derek Armstrong, (III)
Eric Belanger, (III)
Ken Belanger, (III)
Valeri Bure, (III)
Joe Corvo, (III)
Jeff Cowan, (III)
Nathan Dempsey, (III)
Mathieu Garon, (III)
Luc Robitaille, (III)
Jeremy Roenick, (III)
Mike Weaver, (III)

Not old enough. Garon will be 28 at the beginning of the 2006-07 season. The UFA age will be 29.

Tadite 01-05-2006 12:56 PM

I hope we keep:

Derek Armstrong
Eric Belanger

Mattias Norstrom

Jeff Cowan "Maybe"

Hey isn't Miller a UFA after the season? I thought he and Matty had the same amount of years in their contracts.

From what I've been able to find, and from the nice little thread they have on the free agent board, this is the list of players who are due to become UFA's this offseason. Obviously Klatt and the Sandman are retired but I listed them anyways.

Sticky this or for those that are interested here you go.[/QUOTE]

Captain Ron 01-05-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadite
I hope we keep:

Derek Armstrong
Eric Belanger

Mattias Norstrom

Jeff Cowan "Maybe"

Hey isn't Miller a UFA after the season? I thought he and Matty had the same amount of years in their contracts.

With players like Kopitar and Tukonen possibly coming up and with a decent free agent crop to choose from there will be alot of options better than Jeff Cowan.

Tadite 01-05-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
With players like Kopitar and Tukonen possibly coming up and with a decent free agent crop to choose from there will be alot of options better than Jeff Cowan.

Still need someone to be the 4th line physical guy or to be the scratched player.

I suppose I don't really care who that is.

Venom_17 01-05-2006 01:26 PM

Resigning Matty is an absolute must. Army might test the waters and could get decent cheddar elsewhere. Same with E. Belanger.

Tadite 01-05-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_17
Resigning Matty is an absolute must. Army might test the waters and could get decent cheddar elsewhere. Same with E. Belanger.

Seems like half the league is UFA next year. Never seen this many star players UFA in my life in any sport. going to be crazy.

Sam 01-05-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Derek Armstrong
Eric Belanger
Ken Belanger
Jeff Cowan
Nathan Dempsey
Trent Klatt
Mattias Norstrom
Luc Robitaille
Jeremy Roenick

Sticky this or for those that are interested here you go.

Belanger will only be 28 so he is a RFA, not a UFA. Armstrong, Cowan, and Dempsey have option years so expect Armstrong and Cowan to be here for another year.

Reaper45 01-05-2006 01:35 PM

The ones throwing me for a loop, are Corvo and Belanger. Some say one is going to be a fa and the other isn't and vice versa. Anyone know for sure?

Tadite 01-05-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

The ones throwing me for a loop, are Corvo and Belanger. Some say one is going to be a fa and the other isn't and vice versa. Anyone know for sure?

I could swear that EB had a opition in his contract. But frankly the lock-out killed what little memory I had for all these contracts.

Sam 01-05-2006 01:49 PM

Corvo should be a UFA (he wll be 29 by July 1 and will have four accrued seasons counting the lockout year). Belanger should be a RFA (he will not turn 29 until December).

Captain Ron 01-05-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam
Corvo should be a UFA (he wll be 29 by July 1 and will have four accrued seasons counting the lockout year). Belanger should be a RFA (he will not turn 29 until December).

I believe this is correct.:)

Haik 01-05-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_17

If Matty is willing to sign for under 2 mill/ year then fine but if not I say we let him walk.

Off the top of my head I know that Chara and Redden are UFAs and it's gonna be tough for the Sens to re-sign both of them plus Havlat, while giving raises to Spezza and such.

Reaper45 01-05-2006 06:56 PM

Updated.

Derek Armstrong, (III)
Ken Belanger, (III) - Retired
Valeri Bure, (III)
Joe Corvo, (III)
Jeff Cowan, (III)
Nathan Dempsey, (III)
Mattias Norstrom, (III)
Luc Robitaille, (III)
Jeremy Roenick, (III)
Mike Weaver, (III)

Osprey 01-05-2006 07:08 PM

Looks like I arrived late to the party. I did my own research and list at the start of the season. Corvo should be a UFA and Belanger should not be, just as you all concluded. CBGB, as for Cory Brolund, I e-mailed him a few days ago about Garon being on his UFA list and he finally agreed with me that Garon should not be on there. I guess he hasn't updated it yet, though.

Reaper45 01-05-2006 07:12 PM

Personally, I think all of those guys are gone outside of maybe Cowan.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 01-06-2006 03:15 AM

Quote:

Personally, I think all of those guys are gone outside of maybe Cowan.

i cant see Norstom gone...but if he wants a 3rd year, i suppose the Kings may look elsewhere, though even that is hard to believe...Corvo i expect to get a Modry-like contract elsewhere...

I think Cowan is nice to have around....he's been extremely brittle this year, but we shouldnt forget, this guy has taken on true heaveyweights, and can also skate a shift and score some points

good to know that Ebel may not be UFA next season...i fully expectd him to be gone after this breakout year

CBGB 01-06-2006 09:18 AM

Doesn't EB fall under the category of 28, but certain amount of time in an NHL uni????

Guess I'll have to ask DT at the next "Breakfast With The Kings"

Captain Ron 01-06-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBGB
Doesn't EB fall under the category of 28, but certain amount of time in an NHL uni????

Guess I'll have to ask DT at the next "Breakfast With The Kings"

The rule is 29 and four years in NHL for 2006-07.

Then it goes down to 28 and four years in NHL for 2007-08

and finally 27 and four years in NHL for 2008-09.

I hope that keeps you from disturbing DT while he is eating.;)

Reaper45 01-06-2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
i cant see Norstom gone...but if he wants a 3rd year, i suppose the Kings may look elsewhere, though even that is hard to believe...Corvo i expect to get a Modry-like contract elsewhere...

I think Cowan is nice to have around....he's been extremely brittle this year, but we shouldnt forget, this guy has taken on true heaveyweights, and can also skate a shift and score some points

good to know that Ebel may not be UFA next season...i fully expectd him to be gone after this breakout year

Yeah, I forgot to put Norstrom on there, I dont think he'll walk, but if he wants too many years, or too much, I could see DT going in a younger direction.

Cowan is nice to have because he's a tough middleweight who can take on the few heavys that are still in the league.

Corvo will be overpayed for by someone, and the following year, Belanger will get the same treatment.

King Blazer 01-11-2006 09:21 AM

Group VI category:

Noah Clarke
Brad Fast
Adam Hauser

will likely qualify for this category...

Group 6 free agency: These players, whose contracts have expired, are age 25 or older, have completed three or more professional seasons, and (i) in the case of a player other than a goaltender, have played less than 80 NHL games (regular-season and playoff), or (ii) in the case of a goaltender, have played less than 28 NHL games (regular-season and playoff).

link: www.nhl.com/players/freelist05.html

Old Hickory 01-11-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
Group VI category:

Noah Clarke
Brad Fast
Adam Hauser

will likely qualify for this category...

I have a feeling we are going to lose all 3 of these guys

Ziggy Stardust 01-11-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
I have a feeling we are going to lose all 3 of these guys

And I don't think we should lose any sleep if that happens. Brust and Fukufuji (or Munce or maybe Zaba) will be a fine tandem in Manchester if Hauser is gone. Fast and Clarke are fine talents... in the AHL. Hopefully Roussin can find his game and by next season fill the void on 2nd line LW. If not, I'm sure there are others who can step in.

And Kopitar will either be in Manchester or LA next season... and we'll see if the Kings will decide to sign Brian Boyle after his junior year and send him to Manchester, similar to what they did with Tambellini. The Monarchs could use some size, and they definitely could use some centers as well.