HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Ouch (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=208362)

Reaper45 01-05-2006 12:35 PM

Ouch

Leafs Lunch is saying Tampa waived their captain, Dave Andreychuk.

kingbrath 01-05-2006 12:39 PM

Oh I really hope the Kings pick him up! Imagine a line of
Luc - Roenick - Andreychuck :eek:

Seriously though that is pretty bad waiving your captain, not to mention a guy who just led hi team to the cup the last time hockey was played. :shakehead

Captain Ron 01-05-2006 12:39 PM

And the trend of waiving overpaid, underperforming veterans continues. Who is next........Roenick perhaps?;)

Reaper45 01-05-2006 12:41 PM

Andreychuk has more points than JR.

Reaper45 01-05-2006 12:42 PM

Andreychuk could teach the kids A LOT, and probably would help the PP.

kingsfan25 01-05-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingBrath
Oh I really hope the Kings pick him up! Imagine a line of
Luc - Roenick - Andreychuck :eek:

The Let's Retire Already line.

King Blazer 01-05-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
And the trend of waiving overpaid, underperforming veterans continues. Who is next........Roenick perhaps?;)

According the the NHLPA site, Andreychuk's salary for this season is/was $800k. I don't think that's overpaid for the Captain of an NHL team...

Captain Ron 01-05-2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
According the the NHLPA site, Andreychuk's salary for this season is/was $800k. I don't think that's overpaid for the Captain of an NHL team...

I don't either. But apparently Tampa did.:confused:

CBGB 01-05-2006 01:36 PM

Come on DT, have some balls, send Luc packing!

kingsfan25 01-05-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBGB

While Andreychuk was their captain, he didn't have the history with Tampa that Luc has with the Kings...he's not going anywhere.

TubbyTerrion* 01-05-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBGB

That would be (a) a stupid idea, and (b) a completely inappropriate organizational move.

Luc Robitaille has given this organization so much in terms of good will and solid play that he should be allowed the grace and dignity to go out on his own accord, which no doubt will come after he scores the goals he needs to surpass Marcel Dionne. Personally, I look forward to him having accomplished that.

Captain Ron 01-05-2006 01:45 PM

Another thing that people are not considering in this whole veteran waiving parade. The players being waived have 2 year contracts. The teams waiving them are trying to free up cap space for the uncoming offseason. Roenick and Robitaille contracts expire this year. So their contracts are off the books in 3 months. Why waive them now?:dunno:

wabwat 01-05-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
That would be (a) a stupid idea, and (b) a completely inappropriate organizational move.

Luc Robitaille has given this organization so much in terms of good will and solid play that he should be allowed the grace and dignity to go out on his own accord, which no doubt will come after he scores the goals he needs to surpass Marcel Dionne. Personally, I look forward to him having accomplished that.

i agree... with the sole difference being, that i really want him to play it out all the way. go to the playoffs, and leave like a man and possibly a bigger hero!

Venom_17 01-05-2006 02:24 PM

Wow what a classy move by the Tampa organization. This will really make them an attractive destination for players in the future.

TubbyTerrion* 01-05-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_17
Wow what a classy move by the Tampa organization. This will really make them an attractive destination for players in the future.

believe me, most agents will not look upon this as a poor reflection of the dollar as it is spent on their clients.

multiball 01-05-2006 02:57 PM

Reports are now surfacing that Leafs Lunch was incorrect and Dave Andrechuck has NOT been waived.

The reports that Joe Corvo is related to Tim Watters still persist however.