HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Koivu 's return ;on which line ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20850)

zambo 10-18-2003 01:12 PM

Koivu 's return ;on which line ?
 
if you're Julien , on wich line do you put captain Koivu ?

i can imagine him saying to Ribiero or to Perreault ; ok , now you go on the line 3 or 4 . They are going to well for that !

Disco Volante 10-18-2003 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zambo
if you're Julien , on wich line do you put captain Koivu ?

i can imagine him saying to Ribiero or to Perreault ; ok , now you go on the line 3 or 4 . They are going to well for that !

On a brand new line with Bulis and Ward, rotating three offensive lines like the Sens. Ribeiro and Perreault's lines should be set in stone for now.

Kirk Muller 10-18-2003 05:35 PM

I know its just one game, but tonight really showed why the Audette, Perreault, and Ryder line just doesn't work. There is absolutely ZERO creativity. None have vision. Aside from a few shifts in the third, the line was easily contained. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if aside from the Ribeiro line, the rest will be completely shaken up.

Also, I think Bulis must be moved up. He is about 15 steps ahead of Dackell and Juneau at all times. He is flying around the ice and is often the only man on the rush on that line. It was sad watching him being the only one buzzing around the Toronto zone, trying his best against 3 or 4 leafs.

didjuicythat 10-18-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
I know its just one game, but tonight really showed why the Audette, Perreault, and Ryder line just doesn't work. There is absolutely ZERO creativity. None have vision. Aside from a few shifts in the third, the line was easily contained. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if aside from the Ribeiro line, the rest will be completely shaken up.

Also, I think Bulis must be moved up. He is about 15 steps ahead of Dackell and Juneau at all times. He is flying around the ice and is often the only man on the rush on that line. It was sad watching him being the only one buzzing around the Toronto zone, trying his best against 3 or 4 leafs.

Well said. The need for the Perreault, Ryder and Audette line for a playmaking center was obvious tonight. All three are known mostly for their scoring abilities, and after putting up the numbers in the last few games, they showed no signs of creativity nor energy and intensity. Most of the time, they looked out of place, and every time they were about to make something happen in the offensive zone, a mistake was made, or they simply lost the puck, trying to make all by themselves (actually I'm talking particularly about Ryder and Audette here).

I'd like to see Saku take Perreault's spot on that line. With that being said, Yanic looked pretty good especially with Ryder, so why don't we just bring those two down on a lower line with, perhaps, Jason Ward or Niklas Sundstrom. Meanwhile, we'd get a Audette, Koivu and Bulis line that would perhaps create some offense. This line would be well balanced, IMO, as it would bring scoring, good passing, speed, and strenght along the boards brought in by Bulis. Maybe I'll get fired for this, but I'd do it. I'd split that Ryder, Perreault, Audette for next game.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-18-2003 08:51 PM

my lineup for next game against Wings:

Ward Koivu Zednik
Hossa Perreault Audette
Bulis Riberio Ryder
Dackell Juneau Begin

Markov Rivet
Briesbois Bouillon
Quintal Souray
Hainsey

Theodore
Garon

Nyclaus 10-18-2003 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PornoHolocaust
On a brand new line with Bulis and Ward, rotating three offensive lines like the Sens. Ribeiro and Perreault's lines should be set in stone for now.

Ouch! maybe in 3 years but, not with the players Julien has.

Like I wrote in the Aftergame comments:

Bulis/Koivu/Ryder
Zednik/Ribiero/Hossa
Juneau/Perreault/Dackell
Sundstrom/Begin/Ward though I'd still prefer Higgins for reasons I already explained!

ciao

Fish on The Sand 10-19-2003 12:34 AM

Here is what I would do

Bulis-Koivu-Audette
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Ryder-Perreault-Sundstrom
Dackell-Juneau-Ward

SwedenRulez 10-19-2003 01:07 AM

3 offensive lines:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Sundstrom-Perreault-Audette

Medicine Twin 10-19-2003 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedenRulez
3 offensive lines:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Sundstrom-Perreault-Audette

If he returns next game?

Bulis - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Sundstrom - Perreault - Ryder
Begin - Juneau - Dackell

MTLGuy 10-19-2003 04:50 AM

Don't break Perrault's line yet! Juneau's line is doing good.

Remove Hossa and put in Koivu and change nothing else. Rib's is good but he can't win faceoffs.

Ribs - Sax - Zed
Ryder - Perreault - Audette
Bulis - Juneau - Dackel
Hossa - Begin - Ward/Sundstrom or whoever we need to use against the opponent that night.

If the top two lines don't jell then switch Ribs and Ryder

Uber Coca 10-19-2003 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
my lineup for next game against Wings:

Ward Koivu Zednik
Hossa Perreault Audette
Bulis Riberio Ryder
Dackell Juneau Begin

Markov Rivet
Briesbois Bouillon
Quintal Souray
Hainsey

Theodore
Garon

Pretty awful. You give the third line duty to Ribeiro when he's better than Perreault (which I think is useless, and that we should get rid of him fast). Bouillon is no NHL-caliber, and I like what I saw from Hainsey. Your fourth line doesn't work. Must be a checking line... Dackell? Juneau?

I like the idea of three offensive lines...

Bulis - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Ryder - Perreault (Kilger) - Sundstrom
Ward - Begin - Langdon (Higgins)

Souray - Quintal
Brisebois - Hainsey
Rivet - Markov

Theodore
Garon

SwedenRulez 10-19-2003 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
If he returns next game?

Bulis - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Sundstrom - Perreault - Ryder
Begin - Juneau - Dackell

IMO, Ryder deserves a 1st line spot more the Audette. With 3 "offensive" line, everybody will give is contribution offensively, and Ryder is a goal-scorer, so I say put him with a play-maker(Saku)

Marksman 10-19-2003 06:37 AM

This is little ridiculous since we dont know when he's actually coming back, but for the very first game I'd have him centering Sundstrom and Ward (or Begin if I feel like scratching Ward). I would let the other three lines intact for few more games unless there is really scoring slump - to try build some line chemistries.

Throwing him straight into 1st line few people suggest would be risky move in my opinion. That knee may not be 100% yet and he has missed well over 10 games with most of the preseason and season games. Easing him in with 10 minutes for starters and giving a couple minutes per game more would be wiser.

danboulie 10-19-2003 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Well said. The need for the Perreault, Ryder and Audette line for a playmaking center was obvious tonight. All three are known mostly for their scoring abilities, and after putting up the numbers in the last few games, they showed no signs of creativity nor energy and intensity. Most of the time, they looked out of place.
.

Yea, i'd say Ryder and Audette looked out of place when they ran into each other.

Dynasty 10-19-2003 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
I know its just one game, but tonight really showed why the Audette, Perreault, and Ryder line just doesn't work. There is absolutely ZERO creativity. None have vision. Aside from a few shifts in the third, the line was easily contained. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if aside from the Ribeiro line, the rest will be completely shaken up.

Also, I think Bulis must be moved up. He is about 15 steps ahead of Dackell and Juneau at all times. He is flying around the ice and is often the only man on the rush on that line. It was sad watching him being the only one buzzing around the Toronto zone, trying his best against 3 or 4 leafs.


You make some good points...I would really like to see Ryder playing with Koivu when he returns...Apparently they showed some relly good chemistry in camp!

Dynasty 10-19-2003 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyclaus
Ouch! maybe in 3 years but, not with the players Julien has.

Like I wrote in the Aftergame comments:

Bulis/Koivu/Ryder
Zednik/Ribiero/Hossa
Juneau/Perreault/Dackell
Sundstrom/Begin/Ward though I'd still prefer Higgins for reasons I already explained!

ciao


I would like to see these, at least for the time being and evaluate after about ten or less games.

Dynasty 10-19-2003 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedenRulez
3 offensive lines:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Sundstrom-Perreault-Audette


Agree with first two, not so sure about third...Hey, 2 out of 3 ain't bad!!

hockey_nut 10-19-2003 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedenRulez
3 offensive lines:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Sundstrom-Perreault-Audette


:handclap: Agreed!

Unless they give Higgins a shot... if so, then I'd like to see:

Higgins-Koivu-Bulis
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Ryder-Perreault-Audette

But... without Higgs, then I agree with the lines quoted above.

zambo 10-19-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marksman2
This is little ridiculous since we dont know when he's actually coming back, but for the very first game I'd have him centering Sundstrom and Ward (or Begin if I feel like scratching Ward). I would let the other three lines intact for few more games unless there is really scoring slump - to try build some line chemistries.

Throwing him straight into 1st line few people suggest would be risky move in my opinion. That knee may not be 100% yet and he has missed well over 10 games with most of the preseason and season games. Easing him in with 10 minutes for starters and giving a couple minutes per game more would be wiser.


good points ;bring him slowly to the action .It will be better for his knee and may be for his mind .
few reporters recently talked about the fact that Koivu didn't wanted to play with certain players , last year (Hossa when he was burning the game , per exemple ). I think that Julien have to show Koivu who's the boss and that building line is his job ...

tinyzombies 10-19-2003 08:27 PM

I hope we leave the kids alone and let them play on the scoring lines. They haven't been out of place at all, on the contrary. I agree that Bulis deserves another shot and I think Ward has proven himself worthy of 3rd line duty as well... here's my lines (oh boy!):

Hossa - Koivu - Ryder
Bulis - Ribeiro - Zednik
Sundstrom - Juneau - Ward
Begin/Langdon - Kilger - Dackell

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Quintal/Komi (hopefully soon)
Hainsey - Brisebois (ouch...bad pairing)

Theodore
Garon

Audette, Perreault PRESSBOX! Perreault and Audette are known quantities, we need to play the kids.

Not much diff between Bulis and Hossa on that line. Bulis doesn't have much hockey sense in terms of pacing his game. Hossa and Ryder work great together and with Koivu they could explode. The other line wouldn't change all that much.

CHareth 10-19-2003 08:40 PM

I'm with Medicine Twin:

Bulis - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Sundstrom - Perreault - Ryder
Begin - Juneau - Dackell


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.