HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The NFL Draft Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=208536)

Rails 01-05-2006 06:27 PM

The NFL Draft Thread

After a disappointing season, the Eagles are drafting 14 overall.

Who do you have going 1st overall and who would you like to see the Eagles pick up?

I am going to say that Vince Young goes 1st overall (assuming he enters) and if not, than Matt Leinart. I think Houston might trade down to Tennessee or New Orleans and take D'Brickashaw Ferguson

I'd like to see the Eagles draft Santonio Holmes

GKJ 01-05-2006 06:30 PM

I still say Bush is #1 overall, whether the Texans are the ones picking or not.

Right now, for the Eagles I like Santonio Holmes. He can run, he can beat guys deep and he can return kicks.

mercury 01-05-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I still say Bush is #1 overall, whether the Texans are the ones picking or not.

Right now, for the Eagles I like Santonio Holmes. He can run, he can beat guys deep and he can return kicks.

Agreed. Other possibilities could be Ahmad Brooks or Manny Lawson, if Andy Reid can bring himself to take a LB in the first round.

GKJ 01-05-2006 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury
Agreed. Other possibilities could be Ahmad Brooks or Manny Lawson, if Andy Reid can bring himself to take a LB in the first round.

I wouldn't be opposed to Mario Williams in case Trent Cole doesn't pan out, or Kearse gets hurt (and eventually gone)

lehman10 01-05-2006 10:10 PM

hey this is my first post here, big flyers fan. but i think the eagles will go out and draft an olineman. they probably wont bring runyan back, i dont where tra stands and with andrews probably moving to tackle there will be a void somewhere

Rails 01-05-2006 10:15 PM

Who takes over as Offensive Coordinator? I'm not too good with coaches...so I dunno

lehman10 01-05-2006 10:17 PM

probably Marty Mornhinweg

Dykhuis26 01-06-2006 12:42 AM

Marty Mornhinweg? The same guy who told Andy Reid to go out and get Mike McMahon? I hope not!

lehman10 01-06-2006 01:12 AM

yeah i hope youre right we're in trouble if hes the guy

GKJ 01-06-2006 06:38 AM

Morhinweg is only going to call the plays, plus he was a relatively successful OC, he just was not a head coach. Andy Reid is the real offensive coordinator, and when you have a team on offense that already knows what they're doing, it doesn't really matter anyways

iceman42 01-06-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rails
Who takes over as Offensive Coordinator? I'm not too good with coaches...so I dunno

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Al Saunders (KC Chiefs OC) is in for an interview this weekend with the Eagles. Childress is supposed to be announced as Vikings HC today (Friday). JJ is in St Louis.

iceman42 01-06-2006 01:09 PM

My short list of players at #14.

Haloti Ngata
Mario Williams
Chad Greenway

Althought the thought of Holmes, Westbrook and Moats on the field at the same time is a little to good to pass up. Don't look for a RB for a while, unless the rumor of Moats being shopped are true. Something I wouldnt mind, but wont see is a trade up for AJ Hawk.

GKJ 01-06-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman42
My short list of players at #14.

Haloti Ngata
Mario Williams
Chad Greenway

Althought the thought of Holmes, Westbrook and Moats on the field at the same time is a little to good to pass up. Don't look for a RB for a while, unless the rumor of Moats being shopped are true. Something I wouldnt mind, but wont see is a trade up for AJ Hawk.

AJ Hawk...I don't want to say overrated, but I don't think he is worth trading up for.