HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Game #40 Predators vs. Red Wings 7:00 CST 1/6/06 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=208663)

Seth Lake 01-06-2006 04:37 AM

GDT: Game #40 Predators vs. Red Wings 7:00 CST 1/6/06

:nashville VS. :wings

Nashville Predators (25-11-3) vs. Detroit Red Wings (27-10-3)
Friday, January 6th, 2006
Nashville, Tennessee
Gaylord Entertainment Center

Season Series:
First Meeting

Last Meeting:
March 14th, 2004 - 3-2 OT Win by Red Wings in Detroit

Probable Starting Goalies:
Tomas Vokoun (Nashville) and Manny Legace (Detroit)

Injury Report:
Nashville:
RW Scott Walker (sports hernia) and RW Jeremy Stevenson (knee) are questionable; C Scott Nichol (broken foot) and C David Legwand (knee) are out.

Detroit:
C Steve Yzerman (groin), D Jason Woolley (hip flexor), G Manny Legace (knee), and LW Brendan Shanahan (back spasms) are probable; D Jiri Fischer (heart) and D Niklas Kronwall (knee) are out.

Notes:
- This is the first of five meetings between the Predators and Red Wings prior to the Olympic Break (Feb. 12th - Mar. 1). The next three meetings in this series will all take place at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit (Jan. 23rd (game starts 1-0 Predators), Jan. 24th, and Feb. 8th. The teams return to the GEC on February 9th for the back half of a doubleheader.
- Trotz has stated to the Tennessean repeatedly that if Walker could not come back for the St. Louis game, that he would not play again until our game in Chicago Sunday evening. Therefore, don't expect Walker to return to the lineup tonight.
- Yzerman, Woolley, Legace, and Shanahan all played last night in Detroit's 3-0 win at St. Louis. Although Legace is coming off a strained knee the Detroit announcers said last night that they expected him to start tonight in Nashville as well. Legace only faced 15 shots against the Blues en route to his third shutout of the season.
- The Red Wings are ranked 1st in the NHL on the power play (24.8%) and 3rd in the NHL on the penalty kill (85.2%). The Predators are ranked 12th (18.3%) and 6th (84.8%) respectively.

Seth Lake 01-06-2006 04:48 AM

The game will be televised in Nashville on FSN South and in Detroit on FSN Detroit. Therefore, it is available on Center Ice for all those that cannot make it out to the GEC or were shut out on tickets.

Listening to the rebroadcast of the Red Wings-Blues game tonight, the announcers continually mentioned how excited they were about the electric atmosphere that awaits them at the GEC tonight and felt that it would be a test for the Red Wings on the second half of back-to-back games. Let's show them that they're right. I expect the Predators to come out flying. I expect the same out of the crowd. Let's Go Preds!

jstreet 01-06-2006 11:32 AM

I was given tickets to this game for Christmas! I made the trip in from Kentucky and I cant wait to get into that barn tonight!

Joe T Choker 01-06-2006 11:58 AM

Here's to a hard fought win by the Predators and no injuries!

Seth Lake 01-06-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Here's to a hard fought win by the Predators and no injuries!

I hear ya. Too bad our Detroit native will be missing the game.

Predonater 01-06-2006 02:47 PM

Game of the Season and this should be a doozy!!! LETS GO PREDATORS!!!!

jstreet 01-06-2006 03:57 PM

so who does Weber get paired with?

triggrman 01-06-2006 04:09 PM

Timonen-Markov
Hamhuis-Suter
Eaton-Weber

????

Pred303 01-06-2006 04:22 PM

audio interviews from the locker room after this morning's skate from trotz, sullivan, fiddler, hordichuk, and smithson on the pred main website..good stuff

in it, trotz says walker will definitely not play tonight but is "probable" for the next game.. and that stevenson has not been activated from the IR yet for this one either..

also on the multimedia part of the website you can see video highlights of the STL game (all the goals except weight's)

Seth Lake 01-06-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Timonen-Markov
Hamhuis-Suter
Eaton-Weber

I like those pairings. I've wanted to see Markov and Timonen together for a while and think that they compliment each other very well. Suter and Hamhuis have played together in the past and probably will for a long time to come in the future as well. Eaton is the defensive defenseman and true veteran leader that the NA rookies need to be paired with (no offense to Kimmo). I think Eaton plays a solid defensive game and can cover for some mistakes by a rookie partner.

Should definitely be interesting to see how Markov and Weber play against the player that gave the Predators so many fits in front of the crease during the '04 playoffs - Tomas Holmstrom.

Pred303 01-06-2006 04:56 PM

according to some on the other board,who heard it in an update on the radio this afternoon, zidlicky is out with a bruised hand, and was expected to miss "a couple of games"

Robson 01-06-2006 05:15 PM

will they beginn at 0:0 or does nashvilles 1:0 lead from the postponed game still exist?

Olaf 01-06-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robson
will they beginn at 0:0 or does nashvilles 1:0 lead from the postponed game still exist?

This is not the makeup of the postponed game, that will be in Detroit. Thus this game will start even at 0.

Radulov for Czar* 01-06-2006 07:00 PM

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEETS SSSSSSS get ready to rumble.

barrytrotzsneck 01-06-2006 07:49 PM

vern stays hot, makes it 1-0...Hall almost makes it 2-0, but Legace makes a good save.

PK looks strong tonight, but I hope it doesn't have to. Need to stay out of the box.

I thought it was 1-1 for sure at the end of the period on that Zetterberg chance, and then I thought he whiffed on the shot...but on replay, Vokoun actually made a HUGE save, perhaps one of the biggest of the year to keep the Wings off the board. That could have been a backbreaker with only 1 second to go.

trenton1 01-06-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Timonen-Markov
Hamhuis-Suter
Eaton-Weber

????

Where is Zidlicky?
Is he hurt or scratched or something?

barrytrotzsneck 01-06-2006 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenton1
Where is Zidlicky?
Is he hurt or scratched or something?

Bruised hand, day to day.

We HAVE to stop deflecting pucks passed Vokoun when trying to clear the crease. Lidstrom is credited for the tying goal, but it went off Eaton's stick. I can't count how many of those goals have been scored against us this year. Eaton was not only SCREENING Vokoun, he did the job his man was supposed to be doing!! :shakehead

Higgy4 01-06-2006 08:53 PM

Pretty good game so far. Both teams are working hard. If this game is any indication the rest of the season series between these 2 teams is going to be something else.

Go Wings! ;)

norrisnick 01-06-2006 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
Bruised hand, day to day.

We HAVE to stop deflecting pucks passed Vokoun when trying to clear the crease. Lidstrom is credited for the tying goal, but it went off Eaton's stick. I can't count how many of those goals have been scored against us this year. Eaton was not only SCREENING Vokoun, he did the job his man was supposed to be doing!! :shakehead

Our guys, particularly Lilja, have done that a lot this year.

barrytrotzsneck 01-06-2006 09:26 PM

Frustrating game. Lesson tonight:

You can't win a game by playing one period.

The collapse continues.

triggrman 01-06-2006 09:46 PM

Perreault is horrible defensively.

Gnashville 01-06-2006 09:48 PM

My Observations
1. The gap in talent between the Wings and Preds is closers than ever.
2. there is still a Gap :madfire:
3. Weber is as good as advertised :yo:
4. Refs should calling diving more.
5. This is the first game of 8 not a one shot deal

guvnor1983 01-06-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnashville
4. Refs should calling diving more.

Like the Sullivan one? (Samuelsson even indicated that he was tryin' to con the ref!)

triggrman 01-06-2006 10:02 PM

Or Zetterberg or Holmstrom...

Joe T Choker 01-06-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guvnor1983
Like the Sullivan one? (Samuelsson even indicated that he was tryin' to con the ref!)

do you see us coming over to the Red Wings board and complain about officiating?