HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   I want my Garon back!!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=208733)

Matrix 01-06-2006 10:16 AM

I want my Garon back!!!!!

OK Guys!

You name the trade, I'll make it happen but I want my Garon back!!!!!

No seriously, congrats to you guys for a superb season, and congrats to Mathieu for a tremendous streak, I knew he was better than Theo, always knew and now it's killing me to see that he succeeds elsewhere.

But are you sure we cannot trade you back Bonk and Huet??? :D

Congrats again!

P.S. By the way, do you think Éric Bélanger could be available for a trade or is he untouchable.

Legionnaire 01-06-2006 10:58 AM

Matthieu Garon and Eric Belanger for one of the Habs Cups. Preferably 93. :)

Goallum 01-06-2006 10:59 AM

We want the '93 Cup back that Patty Whah stole from us! :sarcasm:

Belanger can be had for the right price, but it has to be something substantial, since he's been one of our best and most consistent forwards this season.

EDIT: You see, a consensus is building (props, Legionnaire, beat me by a hair!)

Matrix 01-06-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingFan24
We want the '93 Cup back that Patty Whah stole from us! :sarcasm:

Belanger can be had for the right price, but it has to be something substantial, since he's been one of our best and most consistent forwards this season.

EDIT: You see, a consensus is building (props, Legionnaire, beat me by a hair!)

Is Zednik substantial enough??? Or you're very sorry to have killed us in the Garon trade and will take Ribeiro for Bélanger ;)

KingsCourt 01-06-2006 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Matthieu Garon and Eric Belanger for one of the Habs Cups. Preferably 93. :)

Stop, stop...the memories are coming back. :cry:

Captain Ron 01-06-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsCourt
Stop, stop...the memories are coming back. :cry:

Stick has t-t-t-too much c-c-c-curve.

Must k-k-k-kill M-m-m-marty McSorely.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH:eek: :eek: :eek:

OK I am better now.:)

swinginutter* 01-06-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix
OK Guys!

You name the trade, I'll make it happen but I want my Garon back!!!!!

No seriously, congrats to you guys for a superb season, and congrats to Mathieu for a tremendous streak, I knew he was better than Theo, always knew and now it's killing me to see that he succeeds elsewhere.

But are you sure we cannot trade you back Bonk and Huet??? :D

Congrats again!

P.S. By the way, do you think Éric Bélanger could be available for a trade or is he untouchable.

We'd like to pry Sheldon Souray away from you. The way Eric is playing this season, I wouldn't want to see him moved but good defense are hard to come by. Besides his booming shot, Souray also plays a bit nasty, and we lack that big time.

Goallum 01-06-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinginutter
We'd like to pry Sheldon Souray away from you. The way Eric is playing this season, I wouldn't want to see him moved but good defense are hard to come by. Besides his booming shot, Souray also plays a bit nasty, and we lack that big time.

But other than that, doesn't he suck? Or does he only suck with Spezza on the ice?

Reaper45 01-06-2006 01:12 PM

I'd do Souray for Belanger. Or even better, Ryder for Belanger. ;)

swinginutter* 01-06-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

But other than that, doesn't he suck? Or does he only suck with Spezza on the ice?

Yeah, Spezza abused him but Ziggy use to abuse Ray Bourque and loads of others. He started the year quite poorly but is slowly turning it around.....Could also have to due with his divorce situation.

kingsfan25 01-06-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

I've heard he's really not all that remarkable...people just took notice after his offensive game kicked in a few seasons ago.

Reaper45 01-06-2006 01:19 PM

Plus aren't Souray's kids here in L.A.? It'd be much easier for him to see them on his off days than having to fly from Montreal to L.A. and back.

wabwat 01-06-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'd do Souray for Belanger. Or even better, Ryder for Belanger. ;)

Sheldon for Eric? nah... Ryder for Belanger? oh yeah!

ukyo 01-06-2006 05:08 PM

No no no!!

Belanger is one of those secret weapon guys that we have. We can't trade him unless it gets us back another top checking line center who can score, hit, play PK, and take key draws. He's more valuable to us than Begin is to Montreal (Belanger = Begin with more offense and faceoff abilities and less hitting).

Ryder is interesting as he can probably learn from the original Luc, but I don't think we have room for him right now. And we definitely want nothing to do with Ribeiro. And if someone suggests Dagenais I'll scream.

Capn Brown 01-06-2006 05:14 PM

Kastytsin, anyone?

TonySCV 01-06-2006 05:51 PM

Let me be the first to say (amazingly) - NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM BACK! :)

ILuvLA 01-06-2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Let me be the first to say (amazingly) - NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM BACK! :)

:biglaugh: Hey- this only took a mere 16 posts. Geez.

Scottkmlps 01-06-2006 08:08 PM

Don't worry you're not alone. I know a few Habs fans, and they truly, truly wish they had Garon back. They were pi$$ed off when the Habs dealt him on draft day and they are REALLY pi$$ed now. Of course, I just laugh and say, "Thank you for Garon. Your Habs loss is definately the Kings gain".
Too bad his record for consecutive shutout minutes in the WJC fell last night to Pogge during the gold medal game. I actually had no idea he held that record for Canada until they said it last night.

Haik 01-06-2006 08:19 PM

Zednik for Belanger is very tempting.

GKJ 01-06-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haik
Zednik for Belanger is very tempting.

tempting? that's a no-brainer

Big Kov 01-08-2006 12:23 AM

^^^ nah man. Im a montrealer but Kings fan for life....Zednik is about the most frustrating player you can watch (other than like Kvasha). Belanger does his thing every game and does it well....the only garanteed about Zed is that he'll try to go through the D with one hand and lose it.

Hatter 01-09-2006 11:58 AM

Gaon and Belanger for Kovalev and Zednik. there ya go

Captain Ron 01-09-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatter
Gaon and Belanger for Kovalev and Zednik. there ya go

And lose the best starting goalie the Kings have had in over a decade? Who would be the Kings new starting goalie in your scenario?:shakehead

KingPurpleDinosaur 01-09-2006 12:08 PM

how come every year we get a new goalie, people have to call him the "best new starting goalie in over a decade" or "eversince vachon". i think garon has to do a bit more then play good for the second part of the first half of the season to take that title, no matter how slim pickings our goalie history is.

Captain Ron 01-09-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
how come every year we get a new goalie, people have to call him the "best new starting goalie in over a decade" or "eversince vachon". i think garon has to do a bit more then play good for the second part of the first half of the season to take that title, no matter how slim pickings our goalie history is.

I agree that I may be a little optimistic with Garon. But I did hear Bob Miller say that Garon was the first Kings player to get the Defensive player of the month since Hrudey won it in 1991. So I would give Garon a slight edge over all of the other goalies the Kings have has since then.:)