HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Dump Greg Millen now!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20907)

OYLer 10-18-2003 07:29 PM

Dump Greg Millen now!!!

This pathetic excuse of a Colour Commentator needs to to be put out to pasture where he will disappear as just another deadbeat dodo bird and will reek no more. Doesn't this fool understand that it is Hockey Night IN CANADA not Colorada! I'm sick of him. cbcinput@toronto.cbc.ca is where to send our e-mails to rid ourselves of this Oilers' hater.

Oilers Hockey 10-18-2003 07:40 PM

I hate that guy. He has such a hard on for the Canucks its disgraceful.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-18-2003 08:37 PM

I've been sayin it for years now, this guy is just not a good announcer at all.

cram 10-18-2003 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
I've been sayin it for years now, this guy is just not a good announcer at all.

Yeah, I don't like him either, down with the *******!

thome_26 10-18-2003 08:42 PM

I don't HATE him - but I sure's hell don't like how pro-vancouver he is! But hey, the Liberal government needs it's employees to please the larger populations - I'd bet you anything he'd also be pro leaf/Canadians too!

momentai 10-18-2003 09:06 PM

Quite the contrast. Greg Millen is paired with Chris Cuthbert... one of the best play-by-play men IMO.

thome_26 10-18-2003 09:07 PM

Indeed Cuthbert is the best CBC has to offer!

Mr Sakich 10-18-2003 09:08 PM

wasn't millen the horses' petuee that had a stiffee for the dallas stars last year in the playoffs? He hated the oil and wanted to have modano's luv child.

Whitenoise 10-18-2003 09:16 PM

Ugh, did anyone hear his joke about how he hoped Suave handled the puck better than his father? It was followed by an awkward silence, and then Millen goes into this huge fake laugh at his own joke. It's like the yin and the yang with Cuthbert and Millen in the booth.

By the way, it would seem that the younger Suave DOES NOT handle the puck better than his father. :D

thome_26 10-18-2003 09:19 PM

I actually thought Suave played better then what the goals showed. He was left out to dry on quite a few of the goals - not one of them that went in should have been stopped.

OYLer 10-18-2003 10:42 PM

My better half, and my favourite hockey femanatic, she "who must be obeyed" and heard from, alerted me to the following annoying reality.

Why was I was yelling at the TV on this good Saturday's night? This anomaly needed to be examained. My lifelong Shedevil, this cruelly observant and practical femininity needed to soften my annoyed being abandoned me. Then this dimwitted idiot (Millen) opens his mouth and udder nonsense ensues. A veritable diarrhea comes spewing from his pursed lips, such silly stupitity as to make my blood boil, and then I lament how I have become distracted from the enjoyment of the Thrill which is NHL hockey by this nonsense.

But now the, "Thrill Is Gone" until there is some unMillen of the Ingrained blight! Until then we must collectively suffer a HNIC migraine. :rolleyes:

Oilers Hockey 10-18-2003 10:51 PM

I like how Millen managed to bring up the Canucks in an Oilers/Av's game, saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, "The Av's top six may come close to the Canuck's top line". :rolleyes: I just wanted to scream at him: "THIS IS AN OILER AND AV'S GAME! SHUT UP! I don't want to hear about the Canucks unless we're playing them!"

Ah well. What can ya do?

cyrisweb 10-18-2003 10:52 PM

Odd.. Last year Canuck fans were complaining about how Millen talked about nothing but oilers oilers oilers..

Vyse64 10-18-2003 10:59 PM

anyone else hear this "Emdonton went for a oil change."
how corny

Mizral 10-19-2003 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemskyfan
I hate that guy. He has such a hard on for the Canucks its disgraceful.

Funny you mention that. I regard him as the biggest Oiler homer the media has to offer.

I don't mind the play-by-play guy though.

oilers_guy_eddie 10-19-2003 08:08 AM

Canuck fans were calling him a huge Oiler homer after he said the calls on Staios and Niinimaa in that OT game were bogus.

I think he's just an opinionated guy.

OYLer 10-19-2003 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
momentai[/b]]Quite the contrast. Greg Millen is paired with Chris Cuthbert... one of the best play-by-play men IMO.

Thank you momentai for finding the positive. If I want good TV reception living in my HinterLand hovel as I do the only recourse is the satellite feed. Being delayed some 2 seconds or so if I listen to Rod Philips & Morley Scott I hear what is going to happen before I see it. My Computer isn't close enough to the TV to be able to co-ordinate the webcast feed from 630CHED, so I enjoy Cuthbert and suffer Millen.

I know Rod is a bit of a homer but he is a pretty good play-by-play guy as is evidenced by his nomination to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Morley's dry wit is a good fit with Rod's exuberant style. I also like the 'Nuck's radio play-by-play announcer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
oilers_guy_eddie[/b]]Canuck fans were calling him a huge Oiler homer after he said the calls on Staios and Niinimaa in that OT game were bogus. I think he's just an opinionated guy.

oilers_guy_eddie you are probably right, because missed calls that obvious make Mizral wince even in his delight. Millen, more than most, might be thicker, but he's not quite a blue ribbon gold Bricker. :joker:

Egil 10-19-2003 10:38 AM

Millen, believe it or not, does the local Sens games, and he is definately a Sens homer :)

However, he does do stuff that no other colour guys do (like RIP the refs, like he did last night), which I always find refreshing.

hillbillypriest 10-19-2003 01:01 PM

I may be in the minority, but I have no big problem with Millen (most times). Certainly nothing to complain about last night anyway.

OYLer 10-19-2003 01:30 PM

I think last night Millen strained his Sakic when he not too gracefully got hung up jumping to the Oilers' side of the fence. Too late in the game when the Copper&Blue writing was already on the wall did he start gushing about the 'Oil'. An ex-goaltender ... why wasn't he raving about Salo's great game last night kicking out 31 of 34 shots?

thome_26 10-19-2003 01:34 PM

Yes - that true, he didn't say a WHOLE bunch about Tommy... CBC's three stars where different from what was announced at the Oilers game, eh - Tommy was announced as a star at SkyReach right? He wasn't on CBC (Both Smyth and Tommy deserved third stars behind Staios and Reasoner).

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-19-2003 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
Yes - that true, he didn't say a WHOLE bunch about Tommy... CBC's three stars where different from what was announced at the Oilers game, eh - Tommy was announced as a star at SkyReach right? He wasn't on CBC (Both Smyth and Tommy deserved third stars behind Staios and Reasoner).

Tommy was 2nd star at the game. Staios 1, Reasoner 3.