HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Eklund on the goalie musical chairs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=209134)

DRL 01-07-2006 01:27 PM

Eklund on the goalie musical chairs

Rumor-Biron to the Avs (e3) ...Theodore to Van... 01/07/2006 @ 10:26 AM

According to some very good sources the Sabres and Avalanche may be closing in on a deal that would send Martin Biron to the Avs...My source said the names being discussed the other way are reportedly, "Laperriere is their first choice, but I have also heard Laaksonen`s name mentioned."

The belief is that once Biron is dealt other goalie moves could follow shortly there after. "I hear Vancouver will be the next to move shortly after. Jose Theodore is the guy they have targeted it appears if Biron goes to Colorado. Montreal would have to take back some salary in that deal."

The X-Factor is still Martin Brodeur according to a good source. "If Elias continues to make the Devils a contender Brodeur stays and the other goalies move...If not, I am told it is very possible that Marty would wave his no-trade to go to Vancouver or Montreal...

Wetcoaster 01-07-2006 01:31 PM

As I understand the new CBA a team cannot "take back salary" as with Jagr and Linden in previous seasons.

Realm 01-07-2006 01:34 PM

He didnt physically mean money wise, but player wise. Someone who counts for that amount of money or near that.

RandV 01-07-2006 01:34 PM

Or he could just mean take back some salary in a contract like Cloutier or Morrison. Though Cloutier probably can't be traded now, but they could send him back in the offseason.

Darth Milbury 01-07-2006 01:37 PM

Darth's fearless goalie prediction: No goalie moves this winter with the possible exception of Buffalo moving one of Biron or Noronen.

And, at this point, I think Buffalo is going to want a lot more than Laperriere or Laaksonen in return (although I think these are the sort of players the Sabres could use).

Corto 01-07-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRL
Rumor-Biron to the Avs (e3) ...Theodore to Van... 01/07/2006 @ 10:26 AM

According to some very good sources the Sabres and Avalanche may be closing in on a deal that would send Martin Biron to the Avs...My source said the names being discussed the other way are reportedly, "Laperriere is their first choice, but I have also heard Laaksonen`s name mentioned."

Again, this one makes no sense...

If (when) the Sabres make a move for a forward it'll be either for a Weight-type #1 centre, or a Sykora-type #1 winger, playoff proven and all.

The team consists of two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines, with 14 guys vying for 12 spots (when everybody's healthy). Getting Laperriere or Laaksonen simply makes no sense for the Sabres.

Darth Milbury 01-07-2006 01:40 PM

I disagree with you there. Players like that are always useful at playoff time.

I'm not saying a deal involving Biron for one of those two would make sense, but that is another issue.

ArtG 01-07-2006 01:41 PM

I can't even imagine what the Canucks would have to give up to get Theo or Brodeur. Probably something involving Luc Bourdon.. I sure hope not though.

bleedgreen 01-07-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corto
Again, this one makes no sense...

If (when) the Sabres make a move for a forward it'll be either for a Weight-type #1 centre, or a Sykora-type #1 winger, playoff proven and all.

The team consists of two 2nd lines and two 3rd lines, with 14 guys vying for 12 spots (when everybody's healthy). Getting Laperriere or Laaksonen simply makes no sense for the Sabres.

dont know about sykora, but i really dont think youre getting weight for biron. youre taking whatever anyone will give you if they take his salary. laaksanen would be pretty good return, even if you didnt need him.

GhostofKenKlee 01-07-2006 01:43 PM

Consider the Source..

Its Eklund, he brings nothing to the table. So far his "sources" and blogs are as good as any posted on this board.

Tadite 01-07-2006 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josetheodore
Its Eklund, he brings nothing to the table. So far his "sources" and blogs are as good as any posted on this board.

I think we should have a rule. NO EKLUND POSTS!

Corto 01-07-2006 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedgreen
dont know about sykora, but i really dont think youre getting weight for biron. youre taking whatever anyone will give you if they take his salary. laaksanen would be pretty good return, even if you didnt need him.

No, I don't think the Blues even need Biron with Schwarz in their system... But IF Biron is dealt, I (and most Sabre fans I think) expect it to be:
a) for a legit top-6 forward (maybe an underachiver or an UFA... maybe overpaid... less likely)
b) a good solid prospect/pic....more likely.. which would then be moved for a guy like Weight to a team looking to the future, like St. Louis

Zaddik 01-07-2006 02:46 PM

Quote:

No, I don't think the Blues even need Biron with Schwarz in their system... But IF Biron is dealt, I (and most Sabre fans I think) expect it to be:
a) for a legit top-6 forward (maybe an underachiver or an UFA... maybe overpaid... less likely)
b) a good solid prospect/pic....more likely.. which would then be moved for a guy like Weight to a team looking to the future, like St. Louis

absurd absurd absurd.

you and the rest of the buffalo faithful will be doing nothing but setting yourselves up for disappointment if this kind of sentiment reflects your views on the value of biron.

TVanek26* 01-07-2006 03:26 PM

Just wait and see.Darcy Regier is the one who get's the better end of the deal 99% of the time.His patiency will pay off in the end.

Chainshot 01-07-2006 03:32 PM

Personally, I'd love to see Laperriere in Buffalo. He's a versatile guy who plays the game with an edge. When he hit the market from LA, he was someone I was hoping would show up in a Sabre uniform.

I'm still expecting Biron or Noronen to go for a pick. And to a Western team. What happens to that pick however, is where they will likely try to improve a touch for the playoffs.

benji 01-07-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadite
I think we should have a rule. NO EKLUND POSTS!

What an original idea!

AnthroPagan 01-07-2006 06:20 PM

His patiency will pay off in the end.[/QUOTE]

:eek: :biglaugh: :confused:

cyrisweb 01-07-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRL
The X-Factor is still Martin Brodeur according to a good source. "If Elias continues to make the Devils a contender Brodeur stays and the other goalies move...If not, I am told it is very possible that Marty would wave his no-trade to go to Vancouver or Montreal...

I don't see that happening till the trade deadline regardless.

But out of curiosity.. hows this sound

Bourdon, Ellis/Shneider, Allen
for
Brodeur, White, and a draft pick

That wouldn't work..actually because ofthe cap.. something like that though would be what NJ would be looking for.

Corto 01-07-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaddik
absurd absurd absurd.

you and the rest of the buffalo faithful will be doing nothing but setting yourselves up for disappointment if this kind of sentiment reflects your views on the value of biron.

Why would that be absurd? You think the Canucks wouldn't part with something like Koltsov and a 2nd/3rd for Biron?

Phanuthier* 01-07-2006 07:19 PM

If Montreal deals Theodore or NJ deals Brodeur, who plays goal for them?

On a strictly value POV, get ready to bend over. Simple rule of supply and demand, and goaltenders value go up every day. Luc Bourdon? That'll probably get you Roloson at best (Roloson is not only a top goalie in the league, but a low salary which is very attractive to high payroll teams). You want a goalie was Theodore or Brodeur? Try Bourdon, Kesler and a 1st., or Markus Naslund.

Sharksurfer 01-07-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Why would that be absurd? You think the Canucks wouldn't part with something like Koltsov and a 2nd/3rd for Biron?

Not a Sabres fan, but I agree with them: it's a seller's market for goalies right now, and there are at least a few playoff and borderline-playoff teams that would definitely be improved by having Biron between the pipes.

Also, Buffalo doesn't have to trade Biron, his contract isn't anything they need to get off the books. If a team doesn't think Biron is a legit #1, they shouldn't trade for him. If they do, they will have to pay the price for a #1 goalie.

Phanuthier* 01-07-2006 07:24 PM

I laughed when I saw Lapariarre for Biron. Try Alex Tanguay instead.

Would would Buffalo want to deal Biron? Try Noranan instead. Even that'll cost you a Wolski or another top prospect.

ColoradoHockeyFan 01-07-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanuthier
Try Alex Tanguay instead.

Try again.

Phanuthier* 01-07-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan
Try again.

Then your not getting Biron.

Simple as that

The Mars Volchenkov 01-07-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanuthier
Then your not getting Biron.

Simple as that

:biglaugh:

If Buffalo asked for Tanguay for Biron, Lacroix would just laugh and hang up.