HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is Bouwmeester on the block? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=209150)

Steve Latin* 01-07-2006 02:41 PM

Is Bouwmeester on the block?

His stats are pretty underwhelming this year: 0 G, 14 A, -10 in 43 games.

Beyond that, he had a less than stellar season last year in the AHL.

Would Pitt's first rounder, Malone and Jackman be enough to land him in Pittsburgh?

norrisnick 01-07-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin
His stats are pretty underwhelming this year: 0 G, 14 A, -10 in 43 games.

Beyond that, he had a less than stellar season last year in the AHL.

Would Pitt's first rounder, Malone and Jackman be enough to land him in Pittsburgh?

I'd think so. That 1st is going to be a nice player and if Keenan can't keep Luongo in Florida they may need to retool again. Bouwmeester could flourish with a change of scenery as well.

Mogo 01-07-2006 03:00 PM

Bouw has played alot better than his numbers show.. No way Panthers trade him

J17 Vs Proclamation 01-07-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norrisnick
I'd think so. That 1st is going to be a nice player and if Keenan can't keep Luongo in Florida they may need to retool again. Bouwmeester could flourish with a change of scenery as well.

Not with the Penguins, the penguins d-corps isnt much better than the panthers.

norrisnick 01-07-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17ster
Not with the Penguins, the penguins d-corps isnt much better than the panthers.

Good point. Guess he'll have to become a Wing then. ;)

SidTheKid32389 01-07-2006 03:26 PM

I'd take Boumeester anyday, this guy has potential, and with a good system that Therrien instilled he should flourish very well, but Florida would be getting a good forward if he could get his head on straight, and Jackman is an Offensive stud, his slapper is vicious, he would be a good QB on the powerplay also.

SidTheKid32389 01-07-2006 03:29 PM

I didnt see the 1st rounder thing, slim chance of 2nd rounder, maybe a 3rd rounder.

PantherBlood6* 01-07-2006 05:21 PM

Bouwmeester has played extremely well for Florida this season, he's been a true top-pairing guy all year long, is only 22 and has alot of untapped offensive potential as well, which he is starting to show somewhat. He plays 25-30 minutes a night on a bad team, so common sense says his +/- is bound to suffer. He's been very, very good defensively and is starting to come around offensively. Still no goals, but he's made some nice plays on the PP. It isn't his fault his teamates are inept offensively.

If the Pens really wanted him, we can talk Malkin...if not, we're more than happy to keep Jay.

Lobstertainment 01-07-2006 05:32 PM

is Jay-Bo is available I'd kill to see him in a Leafs uni. Everyone outside of Sundin would be expendable for him.

TaiMaiShu 01-07-2006 05:47 PM

i'd def love to trade for jay. i would def. trade a first round pick and a good player.

Abyss 01-07-2006 08:28 PM

Whitney-Bouwmeester would be a nice pairing :)

would love J-bo in boston but not sure what we'd offer :)

Lobstertainment 01-07-2006 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abyss
Whitney-Bouwmeester would be a nice pairing :)

would love J-bo in boston but not sure what we'd offer :)

Dunno, I don't think many teams have what it would take to land Bouwmester. What is Florida need most? NHL ready players? or Prospects?

Metallian* 01-07-2006 08:46 PM

This doesn't come as a surprise. I've had Bouw pegged as a bust (potential wise) for years.

Abyss 01-07-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallian
This doesn't come as a surprise. I've had Bouw pegged as a bust (potential wise) for years.

well if he is producing a little he isn't really a huge bust yet...he just isn't the franchise d-men most thought he would be.

langs15 01-07-2006 09:18 PM

IF IF IF IF MAJOR IF the devils go in another BIG slump again. knock on wood.....i could see them talking to NJ

Trottier 01-07-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by langs15
IF IF IF IF MAJOR IF the devils go in another BIG slump again. knock on wood.....i could see them talking to NJ

JayBo would be a classic Lou type acquisition. Because despite the (sorry) ridiculously premature assessments of JayBo on this board - how a 22 y/o 3rd year dman is a "bust" is incomprehensible - his talent and upside remains very high. And it would likely be accelerated in an environment more familair with success. (see: Huselius).

Bet here is that he is going nowhere.

The Pittsbugh offer is humorous. Mario and Patrick would walk to Florida and back if that could pull off that heist.

Just my opinion.

stanley 01-08-2006 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallian

It's this thread that doesn't come as a surprise. Are you saying that you're not surprised because somebody started a thread based on an inductive leap?

Steve, I think I'd use something more than statistics to evaluate a player. Bouwmeester has been pretty darn good this year. That Pittsburgh proposal was not very good because Florida would be giving up the best player in the deal, and one who's only 22 at that.

I really can't see Keenan trading Bouwmeester. It's not like he's not already on the top pairing or at least logging top-pairing minutes, and it's not as if trading him would provide the final piece toward a Cup run. Not seeing it.

hockeyGod 01-08-2006 12:44 AM

Counter offer...
JBO + Horton
for
Malkin + Orpik

Tap on the Ankle 01-08-2006 01:01 AM

Florida would really have to be stupid to give up on JBo this soon. The kid is only 22, for cryin out loud. It takes a lot more to be an effective defenseman than it does to be an effective forward, which is why most (if not all) defensemen peak a lot later in their careers than forwards do. If JBo is 26 and hasn't made any big strides in his game, then I'd worry. But that's a long time from now.

The Panthers have a great coaching staff and a great slew of young players. All they need now is a bit of patience.

romanrules 01-08-2006 01:06 AM

if i were the flames and i had the oppurtunity to pick up bouwmeester i would offer something like this

to florida: jordan leopold, 1st rd pick 2006,3nd 2006, 2nd 2007
to cgy: Jay Bouwmeester

JonnyDoyle 01-08-2006 01:17 AM

bouwmeester's numbers are comparable to a young zdeno chara playing for the islanders. jay could go on to be less physically dominating, but more offensively gifted. sounds like his skating ability could easily counter balance his lack of a mean streak. now, much of chara's improvement came along as soon as he was given a change of scenery...............

Drake1588 01-08-2006 01:28 AM

I've seen no indication that the Panthers are upset with Bouwmeester's play this year. What I've read from Panthers fans indicates that they are also very happy with his play. What's more, he has looked good in the limited number of games I have watched him play myself.

All one can really do, it seems, is imply that he is somehow a disappointment for not putting up McCabe's numbers this year, despite the problems of his team, and their atrocious month of November.

I see no reason to believe that this player is on the trading block. He's 22 years old and a top-pairing defenseman. That's good, people.

I think Keenan would trade anyone to get one guy he really wants (a Chris Pronger, for example) so I wouldn't go so far as to say anyone on that team is untouchable, but JB would be part of a deal in which you have to give to get, not because the Panthers are disappointed in his progress.

JonnyDoyle 01-08-2006 01:40 AM

well if luongo is on the block, they could kill two birds with one stone and ask for a veteren defencemen to be thrown in the deal for luongo. someone like a Leetch, a Blake, or any vet d-man that can impart his knowledge onto jay-bo. i thought a colorado trade that would see foote as a throw in would be perfect, but that ship has sailed.

Metallian* 01-08-2006 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abyss
well if he is producing a little he isn't really a huge bust yet...he just isn't the franchise d-men most thought he would be.

i meant bust in terms of him never reaching that #1 D man role everyone thought he'd hold for Florida

Metallian* 01-08-2006 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyGod
Counter offer...
JBO + Horton
for
Malkin + Orpik

:biglaugh: