HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Stars MVP at the half way mark.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=209709)

Ajacied 01-09-2006 11:50 AM

Stars MVP at the half way mark..

Title says it all.. cast your votes and explain your choice..

psycho_dad 01-09-2006 12:04 PM

Picked Lehtinen. He scores the goals and his defensive game is as amazing as ever from what I have seen. Also he helps the other finnish players to adjust so they can be as good as they have been so far.

Ajacied 01-09-2006 12:21 PM

I'm not sure myself. I just can't chose between Lehtinen and Modano. .

Caroline Says ll 01-09-2006 10:10 PM

Yeah, its difficult to choose between Modano and Lehtinen they both have been wonderful....But I just went with Modano with some bias put into it.

The Frugal Gourmet 01-09-2006 10:38 PM

I pick Phillipe Boucher. We already know how much better the team both looks and plays when he is in. He's an amazing defenseman, logs top pairing ice time, and (factoring in the 12 or so games he missed) has so far produced offense at a 20-30 goal scoring pace.

Dr GLU 01-09-2006 10:47 PM

Definitely Jaroslav Svoboda. Definitely.

The Frugal Gourmet 01-09-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLU
Definitely Jaroslav Svoboda. Definitely.

He's good, but he's no Benoit Hogue. *sigh* I pine for those glory days.

Stars99Lobo37 01-09-2006 10:55 PM

I say Modano.

We all saw what happens to this team when Modano is playing bad..Lehtinen isn't the same without him. Zubie isn't the same without him.

It was so critical to the Stars for him to get his play back..which is why I'm even more worried about what is gonna happen when he's gone.

Dr GLU 01-09-2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet
He's good, but he's no Benoit Hogue. *sigh* I pine for those glory days.

Juha Lind >> Jaroslav Svoboda >> Blake Sloan >> Benoit Hogue >> Bill Guerin >> Derian Hatcher

Wranglers110 01-10-2006 04:01 AM

Retire the number 26. :D

usefulfiction 01-11-2006 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet
I pick Phillipe Boucher. We already know how much better the team both looks and plays when he is in. He's an amazing defenseman, logs top pairing ice time, and (factoring in the 12 or so games he missed) has so far produced offense at a 20-30 goal scoring pace.

Amen to that. Boucher has been an unbelievable asset to the Stars this season.

starshockeyfan56 01-11-2006 01:42 PM

I think the stats say it all.

Its Modantinen

edd1e 01-12-2006 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starshockeyfan56
I think the stats say it all.

Its Modantinen

What a cool name!

LordHelmet 01-12-2006 05:06 PM

Modano has to be the easy choice.
Zubov 2nd.
Then Jere.

Lehtinen has been excellent, but he can't do it on his own. Both players are obviously far better together than they would be apart.

Rotang 01-12-2006 05:26 PM

I voted Modano.

Just look at the 03-04 season as an example of how the team does without him in top gear. Modano is and always will be the heart and soul of the Stars.

Paatos 01-12-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37
I say Modano.

We all saw what happens to this team when Modano is playing bad..Lehtinen isn't the same without him. Zubie isn't the same without him.

From what I've been reading about and hearing through the NHL.com game radios (can't see any hockey on tv at home :cry: ) that's the impression I've got as well. Modano is the soul of the game out there.

Maybe I'm the only Finn who voted Modano :dunno: I'm trying to be honest at least.

HFNHL Canadiens 01-12-2006 06:50 PM

WOW, it looks like the Dallas Stars have more Finnish fans than American fans :sarcasm:

Paatos 01-12-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golleafsgo_17
WOW, it looks like the Dallas Stars have more Finnish fans than American fans :sarcasm:

Maybe they should think about changing their franchise name back to Dallas North Stars :badidea:

psycho_dad 01-12-2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paatos

Maybe I'm the only Finn who voted Modano :dunno: I'm trying to be honest at least.

No you are trying to be more Finn than the other finns, voting for the american because our national self esteem is just like that.

"Yeah Lehtinen has been good and all but he is finnish..can't be as good as a foreigner, ever"

Paatos 01-12-2006 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_dad
No you are trying to be more Finn than the other finns, voting for the american because our national self esteem is just like that.

"Yeah Lehtinen has been good and all but he is finnish..can't be as good as a foreigner, ever"

Yeah, true. Point taken. But that doesn't make Mike Modano any worse that I'm finnish. You make it sound like I'd throw Lehtinen with rotten tomatos. He does need Modano's passes to score as often as he does and together they seem to produce the best piece of offence in the western conference at the moment.

Dr GLU 01-13-2006 12:15 AM

Seriously, I went with Morrow.

I have a ton of respect for Modano and have been very happy with how Lehtinen has performed. However, Morrow is near the top of the scoresheet while being a physical force and very reliable defensively. Even on nights where he doesn't record points, you'll notice him playing good D and generally making the lives of the other team's defensemen hell. He really has stepped up his game this year, and he's leading by his play on the ice night after night, sometimes single-handedly getting the Stars back into games with dogged work and an unmistakable physical presence.

psycho_dad 01-13-2006 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paatos
Yeah, true. Point taken. But that doesn't make Mike Modano any worse that I'm finnish. You make it sound like I'd throw Lehtinen with rotten tomatos. He does need Modano's passes to score as often as he does and together they seem to produce the best piece of offence in the western conference at the moment.

I agree with you.

Burlylord 01-26-2006 10:20 PM

Tough one between Modano and Lehtinen, I'll go with point production, Modano. :handclap: ..and kudos to Jussi Jokinen, "The Shootout God", helluva rookie year!

SpezzaSpezza 02-06-2006 12:35 AM

This is a joke, right? Who stops the puck?

The answer is Turco.

Stars-Preds 02-06-2006 12:42 AM

I voted for Lehtinen because he's had an amazing season proving that he is the most underrated player in the National Hockey League.

That said, I agree with the above poster about Turco. He sets the tone for this team. And even though he's been on again off again this season, he is the reason we're in first place in the Pacific and he will be the determining factor in the playoffs.