HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ideal Lineup With Everyone Healthy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=209920)

Seth Lake 01-09-2006 09:33 PM

Ideal Lineup With Everyone Healthy

OK, with our injuries beginning to heal and players beginning to come back...I want to know what your ideal lineup would be assuming everyone is healthy and available.

Please list your four forward line combinations, three defensive pairings, two goalies, and two reserve skaters (Trotz said in this morning's Tennessean that they would only carry 22 skaters when everyone came back).

My would be:
Kariya - Legwand - Hartnell
Sullivan - Perreault - Walker
Hall - Fiddler - Upshall
Hordichuk - Smithson - Tootoo

Timonen - Hamhuis
Eaton - Markov
Zidlicky - Suter

Vokoun
Mason

Reserves:
Scott Nichol
Jamie Allison

This leaves out Greg Johnson, Martin Erat, and Jeremy Stevenson. I don't believe that Johnson will be moved this season, however I think that Fiddler has outplayed him at both ends of the ice and has shown that he can be responsible for the checking line and penalty killing duties that Johnson has. Erat should be moved in a package for a center (Ryan Malone, Scott Gomez, etc.) and in that case I believe that Perreault would be the next man out. Stevenson is slow and not really great at anything. I would compare him to Chris Dingman in a lot of ways and Dingman was waived by the Lightning last week. Tootoo has simply replaced Stevenson on this team and has made a bigger impact in his time here than Stevenson did in his time in the lineup.

Nichol and Allison are both veteran players who take a lot of pride in what they do and have fun on the ice everytime they are out there. I believe that they are great players to serve in a reserve role because they can step into the lineup whenever called upon and perform what they are asked to do on any given night. You know exactly what you are getting from both Nichol and Allison everytime they step onto the ice. Unfortunately, I don't think that Johnson fits the reserve role very well and is more of an everyday player.

So that's my lineup...what'd'ya think?

barrytrotzsneck 01-09-2006 09:52 PM

kariya legwand hartnell
sullivan perreault walker
hartnell fiddler hall
hordy smithson stevenson

timonen markov
hamhuis eaton
suter zidlicky

That's the lineup I'd LIKE to see.

Joe T Choker 01-09-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
kariya legwand hartnell
upshall fiddler hall
hordy smithson stevenson

timonen markov
hamhuis eaton
suter zidlicky

we've got 4 mil to spend ...
Sullivan - ABP - Walker
Hartnell - Fiddler - Hall
Johnson

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Eaton
Suter - Zidlicky

Seth Lake 01-09-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

kariya legwand hartnell
hartnell fiddler hall
hordy smithson stevenson

timonen markov
hamhuis eaton
suter zidlicky

Umm...Hartnell is playing on the first AND third lines? I don't think he's that well conditioned ;)

Seth Lake 01-09-2006 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
we've got 4 mil to spend ...
Sullivan - ABP - Walker
Hartnell - Fiddler - Hall
Johnson

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Eaton
Suter - Zidlicky

You too...what is up with NMK and Seamus giving Hartnell all this extra ice time? :biglaugh: :sarcasm:

Stars-Preds 01-09-2006 10:16 PM

I know Erat hasn't been what we all hoped this season but he is only 24 years old. I'm not ready to write him off yet.

Karyia - Legwand - Hartnell
Sullivan - Perrault - Walker
Erat - Fiddler - Upshall
Hordi - Smithson - Hall

Timonon - Markov
Eaton - Hamhuis
Suter - Zidlicky

Vokoun
Mason

... the main question here is where does Greg Johnson fit in? He's been awful most of the season, but he is the captain of the team. Chances are he sticks and Smithson or Fiddler go back to the AHL.

barrytrotzsneck 01-10-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake
Umm...Hartnell is playing on the first AND third lines? I don't think he's that well conditioned ;)

Oops! I meant to take him out and plug Erat in on the third line.

hillbilly 01-10-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Oops! I meant to take him out and plug Erat in on the third line.

I think I'd prefer Upshall on the 3rd line.

IMO he's better suited for that roll.

C-J Carlson 01-11-2006 08:46 PM

Whenever David Legwand gets back, I see Jerred Smithson being sent back down to AHL Milwaukee. But I have a hard time seeing Vernon Fiddler losing his spot to Scott Nichol.

So here's my team...

Paul Kariya / David Legwand / Scott Hartnell
Steve Sullivan / Vernon Fiddler / Scott Walker
Adam Hall / Yanic Perreault / Scottie Upshall
Darcy Hordichuk / Jerred Smithson / Jordin Tootoo

Kimmo Timonen / Danny Markov
Mark Eaton / Marek Zidlicky
Dan Hamhuis / Ryan Suter

As much as I like Jeremy Stevenson, and consider him an untapped source of extra offense, I think he's been pushed off the team. As has Greg Johnson, unfortunately. I would not be surprised to see Johnson gone next season. I don't see Martin Erat or Scott Nichol returning either. If we can swing a good trade for a better center, Yanic Perreault will be gone as well.

Alexander Radulov won't make the team next season unless there are major changes on wing. (Like trading Scott Walker.) Radulov will play at least one full season in AHL Milwaukee. The Predators likes to season their prospects.

Anyhoo...

Christopher "Beautiful" Carlson
Canada's #1 Nashville Predators Fan
"You can never have too many pucks."
http://www.livejournal.com/users/beautypersoni/

Seth Lake 01-11-2006 10:53 PM

Couple notes...

First IMO, the third line is a checking (defensive) line. Keeping that in mind, neither Yanic Perreault or Martin Erat should be on the third line. They are top two line material or bust. Fiddler fits in nicely on the third line IMO at center. Erat is the odd man out in many ways.

Second, I agree that Radulov will not make the team out of training camp next season. We have the depth in our organization now that he should and probably will be given the opportunity to adjust his game to the speed of the AHL and then the NHL. I look at him as a mid-season call up next season.

Third, I too will change my defensive pairings to Timonen-Markov, Eaton-Zidlicky, and Hamhuis-Suter. I think they are more balanced than our current lineup. I cringe everytime I think about how we have a rookie paired with Zids and what that's going to do for his development. Suter is being limited by Zids roaming and it might hurt his long-term offensive potential.

C-J Carlson 01-12-2006 05:10 PM

Yeah, switch Fiddler and Perreault in my post. I wasn't thinking clearly when I put Perreault on the third line. Of course, I was also thinking about the idea of getting the team another center in his place.

And that's exactly why I put Zidlicky with Eaton; because of Marek's defensive liabilities. And I think Markov's proven himself well with the team, and would like to see more balanced lines, which is why I put him with Timonen. And I loved the pairing of Hamhuis and Suter from earlier in the season.

Anyhoo...

Joe T Choker 03-01-2006 12:31 PM

*bump*

Anyone else concerned with Erat being called out during the Olympics for being a diver ... I don't want divers on my team, it cheapens the integrity of the game, and makes the player who dove look like an arse

Pred303 03-01-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Anyone else concerned with Erat being called out during the Olympics for being a diver ... I don't want divers on my team, it cheapens the integrity of the game, and makes the player who dove look like an arse

this is one of the main reasons i've never really warmed to erat to be honest.. he's always been a diver, kind of a throwback to many of the early europeans that came into the league... and they were right in the olympics, i saw two blatant dives

dulzhok 03-01-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
this is one of the main reasons i've never really warmed to erat to be honest.. he's always been a diver, kind of a throwback to many of the early europeans that came into the league... and they were right in the olympics, i saw two blatant dives

Diving is something that's a flaw in the game of hockey, and there's really no way to fix it. There are people out there who have perfected the art of diving, and it's near impossible to convict them of it. It's something that you can't regulate with any certainty.

In terms of Erat... In the 4 years he's been on the team, I've questioned a couple of falls (again, impossible say for sure), but it has not been a consistent thing in my eyes.

99.99% of the players that have ever played the game of hockey are guilty of embellishing plays for a penalty atleast once in their career. Again, it's a flaw in the game of hockey. It sucks, but there's no way to regulate it with any certainty.

The only player who I see on our team who I suspect consistently embellishes plays is Tootoo.

SmokeyClause 03-01-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
Diving is something that's a flaw in the game of hockey, and there's really no way to fix it.

Agreed. It's frustrating when players do it, but players always look for an edge in the game. And because officials, to this point, have shown little ability to distinguish a dive from a legitimate fall, it's going to happen. Much with illegal sticks and pads and cheating on faceoffs etc. You give competitive guys an inch, they will take a mile.

Big Kov 03-10-2006 12:46 PM

can't believe the erat hate. He's the only reason I watch preds games...well, vokoun too.

tulsytrid1 03-10-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kov
can't believe the erat hate. He's the only reason I watch preds games...well, vokoun too.

I don't hate him. :dunno: I think personally think that Erat embellishes plays as much as the next guy. I agree Tootoo seems to do it a lot as well as Sullivan. Some guys don't do it...some do it's just a part of the game.

hillbilly 03-10-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kov

Erat has great talent, but if he's gone after this year. I won't shed a tear.

list of players I wouldn't mind losing

Hall
Erat
Johnson
Nichol
Eaton

tulsytrid1 03-10-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
Erat has great talent, but if he's gone after this year. I won't shed a tear.

list of players I wouldn't mind losing

Hall
Erat
Johnson
Nichol
Eaton

Not in this order I would hope... My list in the offseason would be: in order Nichol, Fiddler, Johnson, Perrault, Sillinger, Smithson wow all centers ***. Just realized this as I was typing it. Eaton, Markov, Witt...depending on salary demands. would be next then I would get down to guys like Erat and Hall. I may be in the minority, but I would keep Erat and Hall before I would Walker though. Walker is a heart and soul guy, but man is he injury prone.

utmfisher19 03-12-2006 01:07 AM

kariya - leggy - upshall
sully - YP - walker
hall - silly - erat
hartnell - johnson - hordi

zids - timonen
markov - eaton
hammer - witt

leaves out: tootoo, fiddler, nichol, smithson, weber, and suter

PP: zids, sully, kariya, leggy, and harts
timonen, hammer, YP, hall, erat
PK: sully, walker
silly, johnson
hartnell, hall

Basher 03-12-2006 02:24 PM

Karyia - Legwand - Hall
Walker - Sillinger - Sullivan
Erat - Perreault - Hartnell
Hodichuk - Smithson - Tootoo

Timonen/Hammer
Witt/Markov
Zidlicky/Eaton or Weber - Depending on matchup.

I know I know...Hall on the first? I think he shines on this line, with two guys that create shots on net, he is bound to pick up the "trash". Gives 2 responsible forwards and lets Karyia do his offense things. Also, I just don't like seeing Erat on the right side, and you gotta keep Sully and Walker together.

Walker and Sullivan could be centered by Vokoun and still score, Sillinger adds defensive presence and finishing ability.

Third line has it all. Quickness, puck possesion, playmaking ability, grit, and all three have above average shots.

Last line - self explanatory.

Joe T Choker 03-12-2006 02:32 PM

HARTNELL is a LWer people!

hillbilly 03-12-2006 04:26 PM

Kariya-Perrault-Upshall
Sullivan-Legwand-Walker
Hartnell-Sillinger-Tootoo
Hordichuk-Nichol-Smithson

Timmonen-Witt
Hamhuis-Markhov
Zidlicky-Weber

dulzhok 03-12-2006 06:20 PM

People leaving out Erat all together is just laughable.

Joe T Choker 03-12-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
People leaving out Erat all together is just laughable.

I guess more and more people are tired of having divers on this team