HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Zidlicky and Timmonen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=210079)

GRETZKY_99 01-10-2006 11:16 AM

Zidlicky and Timmonen

Zidlicky and Timmonen

Who's the best offensive defenseman between those two ??

PredsMan 01-10-2006 12:05 PM

Timonen does a better job mentally, I think. Plus he's a better all-around player.

Zidlicky is a better passer, and seems to have a better shot. But he lacks the great hockey sense that Timonen has.

just my opinion.

puckwild 01-10-2006 12:17 PM

Timonen is a better all around D man. But IMO, Zid could be a very good forward in this league also. :dunno: He's a wizard with the puck!

Joe T Choker 01-10-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckwild
Timonen is a better all around D man. But IMO, Zid could be a very good forward in this league also. :dunno: He's a wizard with the puck!

He's also the Predators version of Ed Jovanovski (Turnover machine) ... he's good for 1 Giveaway per game

jstreet 01-10-2006 12:29 PM

yeah, he has been giving it away, but there are times when he is just absolutely sick with the puck.

triggrman 01-10-2006 01:42 PM

Berehowsky while playing with Timonen scored twice as many goals as any other time in his career and had more assist than any other time in his career.

Andy Delmore - scored 18 and 16 goals playing with Timonen, never scored more than 5 before playing with then and hasn't scored more than 5 since.

Zidlicky puts up monsterous numbers play with Timonen and you have to believe, a good part of this is Kimmo. Now I do think Zidlicky is just more talented than most offensive defensemen but as far as playmaking and vision, Kimmo has "it"

barrytrotzsneck 01-10-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Berehowsky while playing with Timonen scored twice as many goals as any other time in his career and had more assist than any other time in his career.

Andy Delmore - scored 18 and 16 goals playing with Timonen, never scored more than 5 before playing with then and hasn't scored more than 5 since.

Zidlicky puts up monsterous numbers play with Timonen and you have to believe, a good part of this is Kimmo. Now I do think Zidlicky is just more talented than most offensive defensemen but as far as playmaking and vision, Kimmo has "it"

I tend to agree...but...by the same token, I think Timonen--NUMBERS ASIDE--has been probably our most disappointing player this year, in that we expect\need him to be better than he has been. I think part of it is the new rule enforcement. He's not the biggest guy, and in years passed he did a lot of hugging and holding and I think he's scared to do that now, so he's getting burned a lot more defensively than we used to be accustomed to. Another rule change that's hurt him is the blue line being pushed out. On the PP, his shot was always deadly and he seemed to score a lot of his goals on blasts from the point. He's got a couple this year, but it seems like he's having a lot of trouble hitting the net from that far back...something troubling all of our defensemen, actually...but most noticeably Timonen.

As for Zids...I know where you're going with Delmore and Berehowsky, but I disagree completely that Zids is a similar case. Delmore and Rake were clearly one-trick ponies, whereas Zidlicky has an arsenal all his own. I do think that he and Timonen compliment each other well, and I hate that they get split up on the power play so much this season.