HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Deck hockey rinks in Pittsburgh? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=210154)

NANDOAL 01-10-2006 02:55 PM

Deck hockey rinks in Pittsburgh?
 
I'm just seeing If anyone can help me with this. I'm 30 years old and have become addicted to hockey. I've played street/deck hockey when I was younger in Rhode Island. Ice hockey isn't an option right now, (can't skate at the moment) but I'd love deck hockey to satisfy me until I can on the ice. I live in Monroeville BTW about 13 miles east of Pittsburgh. I googled and googled and can't seem to be able to find any deck hockey rinks near me. Can anyone help?

Grave77digger 01-10-2006 04:15 PM

deckstar? i dont know i never played deck, but i have seen them around

cassius 01-10-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NANDOAL
I'm just seeing If anyone can help me with this. I'm 30 years old and have become addicted to hockey. I've played street/deck hockey when I was younger in Rhode Island. Ice hockey isn't an option right now, (can't skate at the moment) but I'd love deck hockey to satisfy me until I can on the ice. I live in Monroeville BTW about 13 miles east of Pittsburgh. I googled and googled and can't seem to be able to find any deck hockey rinks near me. Can anyone help?

I live in Monroeville too (i'm at school right now in Rochester), but the best local deck hockey rink is in Penn Hills. Its right off center road its an indoor pool/2 outdoor decks/outdoor pool.

Pens75 01-11-2006 12:12 AM

There are quite a few.

2 of the more popular ones...

http://www.padekhockey.com/ (Murrysville, near Monroeville)

http://eteamz.active.com/DEKSTAR/index.cfm? (Emsworth, in the North Hills)

Might want to try using DEK instead of DECK, that's why your search results are poor.

Steve Gatzos* 01-11-2006 07:45 AM

Which one is the one that can be seen from 79? I play at http://www.butlerdekhockey.com/default.aspx I live in Butler though.

NANDOAL 01-11-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman
There are quite a few.

2 of the more popular ones...

http://www.padekhockey.com/ (Murrysville, near Monroeville)

http://eteamz.active.com/DEKSTAR/index.cfm? (Emsworth, in the North Hills)

Might want to try using DEK instead of DECK, that's why your search results are poor.


Thanks. Went to both today. The rink in Murrysville is pretty sweet. And the North Hills rink is 5 minutes from my work.

cassius 01-14-2006 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NANDOAL
Thanks. Went to both today. The rink in Murrysville is pretty sweet. And the North Hills rink is 5 minutes from my work.

Did you get a chance to check out the Penn Hills rink? Its definitely the closest to Monroeville (10-15 min drive).

SidTheKid32389 01-14-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassius
Did you get a chance to check out the Penn Hills rink? Its definitely the closest to Monroeville (10-15 min drive).


Yeah, I played there for the 1st time yesterday, everyone is really cool there, and is also a very nice place.

Pensfan86 01-20-2006 05:29 AM

no doubt, penn hills is a great place to play...the rink in murrysville has really come a long way too, and i think i may end up giving that place a shot next season

roast 01-20-2006 08:58 AM

there is also Bridgeville (make sure to bring your gardening gloves) and Neville Island (www.iscenter.com)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.