HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Koivu will NOT PLAY Monday! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21022)

RichardZednik#20 10-19-2003 10:37 AM

Koivu will NOT PLAY Monday!

www.rds.ca

Sad news, maybe it's worst than expected or they just don't want to take any chances.

NWT Habs Fan 10-19-2003 11:01 AM

I am a strong believer that a healthy Koivu is needed for the long run, and absolutely no point in bringing him back too early and risking a more serious injury that would cost him a lot more games in the long run.

danboulie 10-19-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
I am a strong believer that a healthy Koivu is needed for the long run, and absolutely no point in bringing him back too early and risking a more serious injury that would cost him a lot more games in the long run.

Totally Agree
I'd much rather have Koivu miss 10 games and come back to play the last 72 rather than have him come back early, play 10 games, re-injure himself and miss the rest of the season.

I hope Koivu is better soon so they can hopefully send Higgins down, and then he can actually get to play some Hockey!

Canadienne 10-19-2003 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphotic
Totally Agree
I'd much rather have Koivu miss 10 games and come back to play the last 72 rather than have him come back early, play 10 games, re-injure himself and miss the rest of the season.

I hope Koivu is better soon so they can hopefully send Higgins down, and then he can actually get to play some Hockey!

I think the team misses him the most when they're behind. He's our Captain and the leader of this team. Some of the guys are trying to fill in and have been doing a nice job, as long as we don't get behind. Then it seems to be everybody for themselves. I agree. Koivu should only return when he's 100% healthy and able to remain so. If we lose him again, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

Why is everybody so anxious to send our rookies down? Give them a chance atleast before you write them a ticket to Hamilton! I would much rather send guys like Dackell, Sundstrom and Audette to Hamilton than any of our rookies at this point. It's a youth movement, right? So let the kids play! It may be a bumpy ride at times but it'll never be dull! :rolly:

Maithz 10-19-2003 11:42 AM

It's just because actually we don't need Koivu because our 2 first lines doing well and they don't want to send Koivu too early.

Anksun 10-19-2003 12:31 PM

1. he's not fully recovered
2. The team is 3-2
3. We have see Koivu backs from an injury only to return on the
injury list for a longer time after 1-2 games because he was not at
100%.

= They will not used the usual way of decision for his return. (which is
usually when the player feel comfortable enough...)

doctor " hey Koivu you feels ok to start this monday?"
Koivu " yeah, i'm ok but i'll keep the protector on my knee"
doctor " huuum, no you are not comfortable enough for my liking "

Habber 10-19-2003 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
It's just because actually we don't need Koivu because our 2 first lines doing well and they don't want to send Koivu too early.

I totally disagree with this statment. i don't care how good we're playing, we need Koivu. To say that we don't want a top 10 centre playing for us is ridiculous.

This is solely a move to get him 100%. Let him rest so this doesn't bother him the whole season. IMO the reason we had those miserable 500 or whatver games lost is because we constantly brought guys back to early and they re-injured themselves.

deandebean 10-19-2003 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
I totally disagree with this statment. i don't care how good we're playing, we need Koivu. To say that we don't want a top 10 centre playing for us is ridiculous.

This is solely a move to get him 100%. Let him rest so this doesn't bother him the whole season. IMO the reason we had those miserable 500 or whatver games lost is because we constantly brought guys back to early and they re-injured themselves.

I can think of at least 15-20 centers better than koivu. this statement was ok, except for the top 10 thing. Habs fans tend to overrate their players.

Canadienne 10-19-2003 06:50 PM

Name them.

HABitude 10-19-2003 09:14 PM

Every thread with Saku Koivu brings Strummerman posts, that is regular like a swiss clock.

:joker: :joker:

BTW, not that I want to start that old debate about Koivu is a top ten centre, in reality he is more something like between 12-18 top centre.

The team is doing fine without Saku now, maybe we missed him last game. He is suppose to be our top forward player, I want to see him with this new team spirit and the CJ system. How he will fit, what he will bring to the team, who will be his wingers. ??? Lot of questions.

Top Corner2 10-20-2003 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean
I can think of at least 15-20 centers better than koivu. this statement was ok, except for the top 10 thing. Habs fans tend to overrate their players.

Just curious....what 15-20 centers?

Darz 10-20-2003 06:08 AM

First off, imo, Koivu IS a top 10 centre in this league. The only thing that stops him from cementing this position in the league is his proneness to injury. So I guess if you include ability to stay healthy in factoring the top 10 centres in the league, then I guess Koivu isn't in the top 10.

Secondly, this team desperately needs Koivu in the lineup. He would of made a big difference in Saturday's game. Koivu is the only player on the habs that never seems to disappear in ANY game. He is always a factor, always creating chances, etc. etc., but I agree bringing him back before he is ready is a dangerous thing to do, and I'm glad that is how management/coaching staff is looking at it.

Hopefully he will be back sooner than later, and I'm really looking forward to see how this 'So far looks improved' team does with a healthy Koivu in the lineup.