HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rookie in the room... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21025)

Canadienne 10-19-2003 09:50 AM

Rookie in the room...

Hi guys. I'm new to the board. :) Been lurking the past 2 months or so but now that we've gotten afew games under our belts, I thought it was time to join the fun. :)

Overall, I must say that I am really very surprised and pleased at how well the team has done. Unlike in years past, the majority aren't just coasting out there; they're actually trying! Unfortunately, some nights it's going to take alot more than alittle extra effort to win. Still, I think that I'm seeing a long-lost commodity showing more and more, and that's chemistry, which can only do us good in the long run.

We're never going to make a living out-scoring other teams, especially the good and the lucky ones (as evidenced by last night's game), but we ought to be a great deal more respectable and respected.

Now as for my preferences regardings lines... :)

Bulis/Koivu/Ryder
Zednik/Ribiero/Hossa
Higgins/Langdon/Ward
Juneau/Begin/Dackell

Markov/Rivet
Souray/Quintal
Hainsey/Brisebois

I doubt that the Habs will have any misconceptions going into this game. They're going to be in tough but if they play disciplined (Hear me, M. Ward?), and come with energy and determination, shoot and pass with purpose, then it will be a very good game for them. Whether they win it or not, well, only the Hockey Gods know... ;)

NWT Habs Fan 10-19-2003 09:59 AM

Welcome aboard, look forward to your posts.

danboulie 10-19-2003 09:59 AM

Welcome to the HF Boards, Canadienne!
Excellent first post, and I must say that I agree with you. I don't think this team is going to win games by wearing out that red light, but through a good defensive system, and chemistry between the players, they will run more and more like a well oiled machine, making us a threat to the other teams.

Habber 10-19-2003 01:12 PM

Welcome to the board.

I like your first line of Bulis-Koivu-Ryder. Bulis and Ryder are both being wasted on the lines they're on now.
But Langdon on the third line? I don't know how much you've seen him but he is not a hockey player. He is a goon and that's all. He would be a huge liability getting a regular shift. I thik we'll only see him 4-5 minutes a game, just enough to scrap. Although in lopsided gamse he'll probably get more icetime late in the game to keep the other team honest.

Canadienne 10-19-2003 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Welcome to the board.

I like your first line of Bulis-Koivu-Ryder. Bulis and Ryder are both being wasted on the lines they're on now.
But Langdon on the third line? I don't know how much you've seen him but he is not a hockey player. He is a goon and that's all. He would be a huge liability getting a regular shift. I thik we'll only see him 4-5 minutes a game, just enough to scrap. Although in lopsided gamse he'll probably get more icetime late in the game to keep the other team honest.

To be honest, I haven't seen him play but from what I've heard of him, he's more than just a goon. What that line would do, hopefully, is create havoc in the opposition's zone; get them distracted and running around so they'll be off-kilter when Koivu or Ribeiro come out - just give our 2 top lines abit of a kick-start. Both Koivu and Ribeiro could really make mincemeat out of a confused team reeling in their own zone. :) They shouldn't be a defensive liability (as long as Ward keeps his stick on the ice) and they have enough offense themselves to be a decent threat, too. Perhaps we could also spell them with the 4th line, giving us two top lines and two checking-type lines that could also score occasionally.

Whatever the lines are decided upon, I just believe that they should be kept intact for a reasonable duration so they can bond.

We'll see what shall develope... :rolly:

Démon Blond 10-19-2003 01:32 PM

Welcome to the board Canadienne :)

Howie Morenz 10-19-2003 02:26 PM

Welcome to the site.

Darz 10-20-2003 04:15 AM

Welcome to the board, Canadienne. :handclap:

Good first post, look forward to reading more of yours in the future.

BigM1ke 10-20-2003 07:26 AM

Welcome to the board!

Habsaku 10-20-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Bulis/Koivu/Ryder
I love that line because my 3 favorite forwards are there. Theres speed, size, playmaking, shooting, intensity, youth, leadership, experience and grit. I hope management will try it, because I personnally would rather see Ryder on the RW.

Canadienne 10-20-2003 12:04 PM

I think it would be a terrific line, too. :) Speed, playmaking, energy and grit, not to mention the talent and skill they each bring to the game. Koivu has practically asked for Ryder to be put on his line so I think that it's a done deal and hopefully they will give him Bulis or Zednik to make it a first-rate first line!

I've nothing against Ward except that he's a worse skater than I am, :o, and I definitely do not want to see Audette wasteing space on our first line! I doubt that he could hit the broadside of a barn even if he had all day to shoot at it. Keep him with Perreault and put Higgins with them. Put Ward with Ribeiro and Hossa until Kilger gets back then maybe platoon Hoss and Chad until he's back in game shape. Juneau, Langdon and Sundstrom or Begin can be our 4th line.
Whatever we do, we should not send any of the kids down or sit them out - unless they really suck. :)

It's going to be an interesting year! :rolly: