HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Lubo? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=211393)

puckwild 01-13-2006 05:11 PM

Lubo?

I herd he didn't play in the third period of last game because he had flu type symtoms. Do you know how he is doing? Are they sure it's not concussion type symtoms? I hope he's not going to miss any time!

Osprey 01-13-2006 06:03 PM

The paper this morning said "flu symptoms." If it were anything more than that, I think that they would've been a bit more forthcoming (with the usual reports of "lightheadedness" that usually accompany concussions). My guess is that Visnovsky played through the game with these flu symptoms and putting that stress on his body through a period and a half was too much for it.

Mindcircus 01-13-2006 07:08 PM

I think the Advil wore off.

ILuvLA 01-13-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
The paper this morning said "flu symptoms." If it were anything more than that, I think that they would've been a bit more forthcoming (with the usual reports of "lightheadedness" that usually accompany concussions. My guess is that Visnovsky played through the game with these flu symptoms and putting that stress on his body through a period and a half was too much.

Have to agree. The flu is really going around. About 1/2 our office has been out the last couple of weeks. Its pretty damn brutal this year.

THEKingsFanInRI 01-13-2006 07:57 PM

It's funny, I never even noticed he wasn't on the ice in the third period. But then again I had no idea they had given Luc an assist on Cammy's goal... they never announced it at the arena.

Osprey 01-14-2006 03:21 AM

According to the paper, Visnovsky returned to L.A. to be checked out by a team doctor.
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Times
Defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky, who did not play in the third period at Boston because he did not feel well, returned to Los Angeles on Friday to be examined by Dr. Michael Mellman. Although Visnovsky suffered from flu-like symptoms Thursday, he was checked for a concussion after Monday's 6-2 loss to the Mighty Ducks.

I would assume that to mean that he's out for today's game against the Sabres. We may see Petiot make his debut, unless, of course, Weaver happens to be ready.

King Blazer 01-14-2006 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
According to the paper, Visnovsky returned to L.A. to be checked out by a team doctor.I would assume that to mean that he's out for today's game against the Sabres. We may see Petiot make his debut, unless, of course, Weaver happens to be ready.

I'm going to guess Weaver is in tonight. DT was in Manchester last night, he knew about Visnovsky returning to L.A., and allowed the Monarchs to use Petiot in the game. My guess is that if L.A. was definately going to be using Petiot tonight, he would have been scratched last night in Manchester...

King'sPawn 01-14-2006 05:28 PM

If only the Kings had a good enforcer to stop Visnovsky from getting sick!

Osprey 01-14-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn
If only the Kings had a good enforcer to stop Visnovsky from getting sick!

Yeah, he could punch the lights out of anyone who so much as sneezed on Lubomir :snide: