HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nedved trade rumors - merged (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=211587)

TheMoose 01-14-2006 08:08 AM

Nedved trade rumor
 
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...tesnb0114.html

Multiple NHL sources confirmed the Coyotes are trying to trade center Petr Nedved, and comments made by coach Wayne Gretzky Friday suggested a deal may be coming soon.

When asked if Nedved would play tonight after a one-game benching, Gretzky said:

"Unfortunately right now the situation is not great, but he worked hard (Thursday) and he worked hard (Friday)," Gretzky said. "If he's here, we'll see what happens. But I can't predict the future. Right now, it's up in the air."

Note the phrase "if he's here."

Nedved, who hasn't scored a goal since Oct. 25, was a healthy scratch Thursday in Buffalo. He practiced on Friday, and afterward said he didn't know if a trade was imminent.

"For me, the Number 1 thing is to play hockey and the rest of the things will work out," Nedved said.

NewBreed19 01-14-2006 10:36 AM

I think there is a deal about to be announced; for who it's anyones guess. I would be happy to get just about anything for him. I think Nedved has good talent but isn't fitting into our lineup , very well. Sometimes players don't excell on certain teams and it's a fact of hockey.

CalgaryFan1988 01-14-2006 10:47 AM

at 2.2 mil, I dont imagine it will be for much, but you never know i guess.

NewBreed19 01-14-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988
at 2.2 mil, I dont imagine it will be for much, but you never know i guess.

Most of that 2.2 mill has been paid for this season, so it's more like 1.1 mill with 2.2 for next season. 1.1 is pretty decent for his skill level, especially if he returns to form.

JimEIV 01-14-2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBreed19
Most of that 2.2 mill has been paid for this season, so it's more like 1.1 mill with 2.2 for next season. 1.1 is pretty decent for his skill level, especially if he returns to form.

Are there any rumors coming out from local sources on teams interested??

NewBreed19 01-14-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimEIV
Are there any rumors coming out from local sources on teams interested??

Rumor is Nedved and Johnson for Gonchar, and another is Sopel for Nedved straight up. The Rangers are also involved in talks as are Atlanta according to the Arizonna Republic.

JimEIV 01-14-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBreed19
Rumor is Nedved and Johnson for Gonchar, and another is Sopel for Nedved straight up. The Rangers are also involved in talks as are Atlanta according to the Arizonna Republic.


Thanks

NewBreed19 01-14-2006 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimEIV
Thanks

The Arizonna republic stated that Atlanta ,Boston,Pittsburg were possable destinations. The Rangers being in talks is what I heard .

PapaBear* 01-14-2006 12:29 PM

Send him to the flames, we give you Wiemer and 3rd rd pk.

Trottier 01-14-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewBreed19
Rumor...is Sopel for Nedved straight up.

I had tossed that sugggestion out here a month ago, as both players are struggling and the salaries/years nearly match up ($2.2 mil vs. $2.4 mil for two seasons total).

If I'm NYI, I do that. My logic: I'm anticipating (praying) that NYI, under its new regime, buys out Yashin this summer. As such, the rebuild will begin. Before inexperienced forwards like O'Marra, Nokelainin and Nilsson are ready to make meaningful contributions, the Isles will need some "stopgap" NHL talent that will keep them respectable.

Nedved slots into a center spot nicely and you are only committed to him through next season.

Of course, I'm assuming that Nedved has something left in the tank; at his age, he should. And while his production will not be enough to take NYI to great heights, we know that Yashin won't either, at a much higher price.

And considering the overall savings (Sopel contract + Yashin contract - Nedved's contract + Yashin buyout hit) that can be re-allocated elsewhere, it's a worthy move, IMO.

***

Adding: that rumoured Pittsburgh deal would be a GREAT move for the Pens, as it absolves them of a ton of cap space after one more season. Plus, Johnson is a forward I've always liked. His nice speed and defensive awareness is sorely needed on the Pens.

kingsfan25 01-14-2006 01:27 PM

Do the Rangers really need him? They already got Sykora and he seems to have worked out well...I'd hate to see them back in their rent-a-player ways.

robertch 01-14-2006 06:53 PM

I like Nedved, he was always one of my favorite rangers, even when he struggled. He has one of the best wrist shots in the NHL. With that said, I don't see them bringing him back to NY. If Nylander or Straka goes down with an injury though, I'd consider bringing him back for a "Czech mates" redux. You have to think he'd play well with Rucinsky and Sykora/Prucha.

barrytrotzsneck 01-14-2006 07:19 PM

I know the Preds have had interest in Nedved at two separate times in the past couple of years, so who knows. Maybe.

Irish Blues 01-14-2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
And considering the overall savings (Sopel contract + Yashin contract - Nedved's contract + Yashin buyout hit) that can be re-allocated elsewhere, it's a worthy move, IMO.

Are the Isles ready to take the cap hit that would result for the next 6 years as a result?

exporta 01-14-2006 07:26 PM

back to edmonton??? its one of those deals where the yotes will get decent return for him ie sopel for nedved... look for the yotes to inquire for proven nhl players as oppose to prospects and picks... from edmonton i could see something with reasoner possibly.

NewBreed19 01-14-2006 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exporta
back to edmonton??? its one of those deals where the yotes will get decent return for him ie sopel for nedved... look for the yotes to inquire for proven nhl players as oppose to prospects and picks... from edmonton i could see something with reasoner possibly.

They woudn't do a deal for Reasoner because they need defensive help, not another third lin player. That's exactly what he would be in Phoenix. We have lots of fowards, and some should soon return from injury;Leclerc, Scatchard etc.

Trottier 01-15-2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Are the Isles ready to take the cap hit that would result for the next 6 years as a result?

Stay tuned. I don't know. It's a very tough management call. But really, while your question is relevant, more to the point the question is:

Can they afford to keep him around another 5 seasons?

The negative impact will (continue to) be felt on the ice, as well as in the team's inability to find payroll flexibility (and thus improve the team), should #79 stay around.

Personally, I hope a new GM bites the bullet and takes the ~$2 mil per year hit against the cap over the next several years...in order to start anew. I'm not one to typically point fingers at a single player or players (or coach), as losing is an accumulation of things. But this team is clearly going nowhere with #79 on the roster. As usual throughout his career, he has been nowhere to be found through the team's recent struggles.

When the going get's tough, the "passengers" on your roster disappear. And no team can afford a $7.5 mil player who is a chronic passenger (let alone your captain :shakehead ).

XX 01-15-2006 12:47 AM

Nedved will be gone. Coaching staff hates him. He is a very dangerous player, especially in the playoffs. Its just not working out for him here in Phoenix.

Larry Fisher 01-15-2006 12:48 AM

With the success the Rangers have had with Czech players I could definitely see Nedved winding up there and besides he's had a good run in New York before and is used to the city and what not.

To New York Rangers:

Petr Nedved

To Phoenix Coyotes:

Tom Poti and a conditional pick in 2006

XX 01-15-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salostyle
With the success the Rangers have had with Czech players I could definitely see Nedved winding up there and besides he's had a good run in New York before and is used to the city and what not.

To New York Rangers:

Petr Nedved

To Phoenix Coyotes:

Tom Poti and a conditional pick in 2006

By Poti you mean Prucha wearing a Poti jersey right? If not, I'll pass. :D

Burke's Evil Spirit 01-15-2006 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XavierX
By Poti you mean Prucha wearing a Poti jersey right? If not, I'll pass. :D

Do you honestly think you're going to get a tangible asset for Petr Nedved? With his performance this season, he'd pass through waivers right now. He's going for another albatross of a contract, hopefully one that's a better fit.

MisterUnspoken 01-15-2006 01:28 AM

Im a Ranger fan and NO WAY would I trade Tom Poti for Nedved, let alone a pick with it. Are you out of your freakin' mind man? Tom Poti has played his A game (about a B game for most dmen) the last 20 games or so AND we only have 5 NHL defenseman on the team right now. And Prucha.... I'll just assume you are joking.

XX 01-15-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Do you honestly think you're going to get a tangible asset for Petr Nedved? With his performance this season, he'd pass through waivers right now. He's going for another albatross of a contract, hopefully one that's a better fit.

Do you honestly think Poti is an asset? :biglaugh:

and to answer your question... No.

Yeesh

CBGB 01-15-2006 05:17 AM

Rumor: Nedved to Pitt For Palffy
 
Take it with a grain of salt - It is Larry Brooks

http://www.nypost.com/sports/61555.htm

RangerBoy 01-15-2006 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salostyle
With the success the Rangers have had with Czech players I could definitely see Nedved winding up there and besides he's had a good run in New York before and is used to the city and what not.

To New York Rangers:

Petr Nedved

To Phoenix Coyotes:

Tom Poti and a conditional pick in 2006

Good run? :shakehead

He was a dog

Besides the Rangers aren't in any position to trade a defenseman with Darius Kasparaitis suffering a knee sprain yesterday

The Rangers could have brought Nedved back two summers ago but they close to sign Michael Nylander instead of Nedved III


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.