HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MTL - STL trade Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=211911)

FF de Mars 01-15-2006 06:21 AM

MTL - STL trade Proposal

MTL give : Theodore, Zednik, Perezhogin
STL give : Tkatchuk, Rycroft, Jackman

What do you guys think?

Art Vandelay 01-15-2006 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars

What do you guys think?

That you need to change the title of the thread.

FF de Mars 01-15-2006 06:56 AM

ur right, I changed the title. But, thinking about it, would the blues be looking for a prospect instand of Zednik, since they will be rebuilding?

Safir* 01-15-2006 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars

What do you guys think?

Why would both teams do it?

Montreal deal away it's starting goaltender.
Jackman will be one of the cornerstones of the St.Louis rebuilding process.

kimzey59 01-15-2006 09:00 AM

2 problems with this proposal:

1) We are not dealing Jackman. Period. Brewer can be had; but Jackman, Backman and Wideman are untouchable.

2) Tkachuk will not waive the NTC for anybody. He is a Blue.

JWINK19 01-15-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimzey59
2 problems with this proposal:

1) We are not dealing Jackman. Period. Brewer can be had; but Jackman, Backman and Wideman are untouchable.

2) Tkachuk will not waive the NTC for anybody. He is a Blue.

He wouldn't even waive it for Boston?

kimzey59 01-15-2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWINK19
He wouldn't even waive it for Boston?

That's the only place he potentially would, but with their struggles this year I don't see that happening.

So the short answer would be No, not even Boston.

jcpenny 01-15-2006 10:12 AM

Id like the Habs to grab Brewer.

Irish Blues 01-15-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
Id like the Habs to grab Brewer.

When he comes off IR in several weeks, you can start asking about him.

The big killer in this is Theodore's contract. It has nothing to do with the Blues need for a #1 goalie and everything to do with Bill Laurie refusing to allow Pleau to add a contract like that to the books. As much as everyone else would see a move like this as something that would make the team much more marketable, Laurie's main advisor would see that $10.67M and 2 years due Theodore as a hindrance for selling the team fast. (Which is why Pronger was dealt in the past offseason - not because the Blues didn't want him, because Laurie's advisors said "NO LONG-TERM CONTRACTS!", said that there should be no buy-outs, and Laurie set a $30 million payroll target. All of which meant we had pretty much hit $30 million once the lockout ended.)

But including Jackman and the fact that Tkachuk won't waive that NTC clause utterly kills this altogether.

MXD 01-15-2006 10:35 AM

As I Hab fan, I'd pass on this one. Under-rating the impact of Tckachuk contract or over-rating his usefulness.

Russeltown 01-15-2006 11:44 AM

No fuc*in way

CloudReader 01-15-2006 12:37 PM

As the central piece for St. Louis in the Pronger deal, wouldn't the Blues want to resign Brewer?

Brewer would be nice for the Habs though. What are the Blues expecting for a return? Of course, Markov, and Ryder are off limits... Everything else could be had for the right price.

Irish Blues 01-15-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudReader
Brewer would be nice for the Habs though. What are the Blues expecting for a return?

About 6-8 weeks right now. He may not be back before the trade deadline - if he is, I doubt anyone makes an offer for him unless he's played a few games so they know he's healthy and the shoulder will hold up. But as I said, it's extremely doubtful he gets any playing time in before the deadline if he's even back before then.

We'll qualify Brewer in the offseason and see what he does next year. Then the trade speculation about him can go wild.