HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Official GameThread: MapleLeafs vs Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21196)

NYIsles1* 10-20-2003 05:26 AM

Official GameThread: MapleLeafs vs Islanders

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/gameday/pregame.html

Leafs Blow Into Town (7:00 p.m.)
Islanders vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (FSNY, Disney Radio 1560 AM) (NYI.com)
http://www.newyorkislanders.com/gameday/insider.html

The Insider: The Book on the Toronto Maple Leafs
7:00 p.m., October 20 @ Nassau Coliseum (NYI.com)

In the Nets
The season couldn't have started in a much better fashion for DiPietro, who is undefeated through three starts after allowing just three goals in that span. Ranked in the top five in the league in goals-against and save percentage early in the season, DiPietro's confidence seems to be even stronger than ever, as he squares up a shooter. Behind him, Garth Snow awaits his next chance to play, looking to shake off the first game of the season.
http://www.newyorkislanders.com/gameday/scoop.html

The Scoop: Toronto Maple Leafs (NYI.com)

NYIsles1* 10-20-2003 05:38 AM

A lot of interesting quotes by Quinn and the Leafs today. Not sure what will happen, but the two points is more important. DiPietro had one of his best games against the Leafs in Toronto down the stretch, and Snow struggled in his last game vs Toronto. No reason to not play DiPietro again.

I guess Wiemer moves to center and Bergenheim/Papineau or Hunter plays this one. I think this is one where Godard dresses also.

Wondering if Mapletoft gets called up if they want to add a center?

Was interesting one Toronto paper called the hit clean today, while another made it a point to review the Islanders advertisement in Newday for the game.

McCabe is out, Mogilny has not played, but could.

Leafs do not play trapping hockey, will be interesting to see what chances this will give the Islanders. Florida did not play a defensive system either.

Isles have one loss and are only 7th in the conference as of Sunday, could be the year it takes a ninety point total to quailfy for the playoffs?

Leafer4Life 10-20-2003 10:46 AM

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!! :handclap: :yo: :handclap:

Leafer4Life 10-20-2003 10:54 AM

Some info to pass along:

Alexander Mogilny skated before the practice to test a sore groin suffered against Washington on Monday, although Quinn said he is not expected back for "a few days." Just thought I'd give you that info!

Epoch 10-20-2003 11:04 AM

I wonder if this "bad blood" between the teams are over yet?

You mentioned Godard being dressed. If that's the case Quinn will obviously dress one of Perrott or Belak.

herecomesdabus 10-20-2003 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR-TWѤ
I wonder if this "bad blood" between the teams are over yet?

You mentioned Godard being dressed. If that's the case Quinn will obviously dress one of Perrott or Belak.

One of Perrott or Belak will get their clock cleaned :D

Jiggs 10-20-2003 12:43 PM

I'd like to see Butenschon in there tonite instead of Martinek to add some beef to the backline.

Hunter had a good playoff performance against TOR does Stirling put him in?

19 10-20-2003 12:53 PM

I'll be at the game tonight. Hoping for a doozy! Got my ringside seats. Maybe Quinn will let Tucker see the ice tonight instead of only playing him 7 minutes and mostly just on PPs like last time on LI.

Should be fun. Can't wait to see who starts in goal for the Isles. Peca was really physical on Sat. vs Florida and everyone was hitting so let's hope it keeps up tonight. I got my Leaf blower all gassed up!

Epoch 10-20-2003 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herecomesdabus
One of Perrott or Belak will get their clock cleaned :D

By who exactly? Both Belak & Perrott aren't exactly ammatures!:D

Tiki 10-20-2003 01:37 PM

Quote:

By who exactly? Both Belak & Perrott aren't exactly ammatures!:D

Carins and Goddard!!!!!

OK, they would/should be good fights. I'll take the Isles goons vs any one right now. Hopefully they stay put tonight and we just get to see a hell of a hockey game!

disles1 10-20-2003 01:38 PM

By Godard that's who. I told you in the other thread Tor-Town that Godard would easily dispatch anyone on your team. While Toronto is tough no doubt--they can't match the isles toughness.

Tiki 10-20-2003 01:42 PM

BTW, Happy Birthday TR-TWѤ

I hope the Leafs bring home a nice big fat L for your birthday.

(no offense ment of course, just cheering for my Isles)

Epoch 10-20-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki
BTW, Happy Birthday TR-TWѤ

I hope the Leafs bring home a nice big fat L for your birthday.

(no offense ment of course, just cheering for my Isles)

Thanks. :lol:

BTW,Belak isn't playing, but Perrott is! And he is a pretty damn good fighter!! I'd also like to see Domi vs. Godard Round 2,the last one was barely a fight.

Seeing how the Leafs have played so far,I won't be surprised if they lose this one...http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

The tag team of Carins/Godard & Belak/Perrott have to be 2 of the best in the league!

Tiki 10-20-2003 02:05 PM

With Snow in net any thing can happen. Shoot from the Red line in boys, you've got a shot at it!

Good luck Leafs, this is going to be a good one (I hope).

Jiggs 10-20-2003 03:21 PM

This game is gonna get ugly.

Godard vs. Domi was pretty even.

Tucker has put on the maniac face..should be interesting.

Epoch 10-20-2003 03:21 PM

Domi vs. Godard.

A decent fight. I'd say a draw as both players landed some decent punches. Godard appeared to be bleeding...

Jiggs 10-20-2003 03:22 PM

Quote:

Domi vs. Godard.

A decent fight. I'd say a draw as both players landed some decent punches. Godard appeared to be bleeding...

That was Domi's blood.

Jiggs 10-20-2003 03:27 PM

This blowout is all the revenge we need.

Peca breakaway goal.... :) :handclap:

Epoch 10-20-2003 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiggs
That was Domi's blood.

ok...:rolleyes:

Jiggs 10-20-2003 03:44 PM

Just kidding. Touchy, touchy...
:)
I really didnt see any blood on Godard. I have to look at the replay.

I'm sure that they'll be a rematch in the third! :yo:

Epoch 10-20-2003 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiggs
Just kidding. Touchy, touchy...
:)
I really didnt see any blood on Godard. I have to look at the replay.

I'm sure that they'll be a rematch in the third! :yo:

I'm just joking. I didn't mean anything!

Cairns vs. Perrott, they've shoved eachother more than once!

Epoch 10-20-2003 03:58 PM

Mike Myers happens to be at the game,but he can't help the Leafs!

Jiggs 10-20-2003 04:02 PM

Good , cause now Marchment's got A LOT of blood on his face!:D ;)

Epoch 10-20-2003 04:04 PM

Marchment actually done good against big guy Godard! He tagged him a few times!

Seph 10-20-2003 04:39 PM

Quote:

Domi vs. Godard.

i didn't see any blood, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. i was going to give Godard that one since Domi ended up on his knees three times, where Godard never even faltered. March did well seeing that he's not a fighter and definitely got more shots in, but he definitely got bloodied, whereas Godard looked all right. so IMO, Godard gets the nod in both fights. But admittedly, I'm kinda biased.

Fighting aside, what a fun game to watch! Snow made the big saves earlier on, and looks to have shaken his early rust. The first line has been dominating, and when the leafs started turned the physical play up a notch, the Isles turned it up two. And Godard going after March after the shot on Bergenheim was just great. I've been loving how the team stands up for each other - they really look like a team out there.