HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Ask Spongebob :Questions about Russian prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21263)

Captain Ron 10-20-2003 09:09 AM

Ask Spongebob :Questions about Russian prospects

I started this thread so it would not interfere with Andrei Kostitsyn updates.Please post your questions about your favorite Russian prospect or questions about an PHL team (Professional Hockey League including RSL and Upper league).I will try to answer all questions A.S.A.P.

Спасибо, (thank you)

Spongebob

john g 10-20-2003 09:39 AM

thanks for the offer Mr. Squarepants

besides the generic stuff you can read about this guys, what can you tell me and how are they doing this year?

Anshakov, Sergei
Tunik, Evgeny
Semenov, Dimtri
Glazachev, Konstantin

vsmith 10-20-2003 09:44 AM

А что это вообще такое - bikini bottom? :)

Captain Ron 10-20-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsmith
А что это вообще такое - bikini bottom? :)

Вы знаете спожьбоб?
He is from Bikini Bottom.
Это шутка.
Я живу в Невада.

Jeffrey 10-20-2003 10:03 AM

Konstantin Korneyev
Evgeny Malkin
Konstantin Pushkarev
Dmitri Kosmachev
Dmitri Chernnykh
Igor Mirnov
Yevgeniy Issakov
thx spongebob ! :yo:

Gags1288 10-20-2003 11:48 AM

What are your thoughts on Alexander Drozdetsky? Is there still a chance he will play in the NHL? Also, has he gained any weight since last year and if so, has that effected his speed? Thanks a lot

Captain Ron 10-21-2003 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Fan
thanks for the offer Mr. Squarepants

besides the generic stuff you can read about this guys, what can you tell me and how are they doing this year?

Anshakov, Sergei
Tunik, Evgeny
Semenov, Dimtri
Glazachev, Konstantin

Sergei Anshakov started the season off with an injury so he missed CSKA's first 5 games.When he returned to the roster he looked like a man with something to prove.He scored 4 points (2 goals + 2 assisits) in his first 2 games back.Since then he has been extremely quiet.

GP-7 G-2 A-2 Pts-4 PIM-0

Evgeny Tunik has played only half of SKA's games this year.He is only seeing limited ice-time centering the 4th line.

GP-8 G-0 A-2 Pts-2 PIM-2

Dmitri Semenov plays for the Soviet Wings in the Upper League.He has only played a handful of his clubs games this season.He has not really been a factor for his team in the games he has played.

GP-6 G-0 A-0 Pts-0 PIM-4

Konstantin Glazachev has been a victim of what alot of young Russian prospects experience.He plays occasionally for his RSL team (Lokomotive) and usually when he gets ice-time it is limited to 4th line duty.He is progressing well though.

GP-6 G-0 A-1 Pts-1 PIM-0

Ejh18 10-21-2003 06:34 AM

How much control over the players and ice times of CSKA - 2 players does the parent club and Tikhonov have ?

How much ice time is Zherdev getting w/ CSKA? Do you have average ice time?

Thanks...

Hossa 10-21-2003 06:44 AM

Hey spongebob,

Just a couple other names I'm interestd in because I have their rights in a fantasy hockey league....

Andrei Petrunin
Alex Zevakhin

Any info on these now aging prospects would be appreciated.

the future 10-21-2003 09:31 AM

hey bob,

could you tell me how victor bobrov is developing?i see he's on the list for the wjc. is he nhl material? thanks

Jacob 10-21-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Yevgeniy Issakov

Yeah, that guy.

kruezer 10-21-2003 11:58 AM

Hey Spongebob, where do you get your stats for the Upper league from? The Metallurg site has the leading scorers, but is there a more indepth site?

Captain Ron 10-21-2003 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
Hey Spongebob, where do you get your stats for the Upper league from? The Metallurg site has the leading scorers, but is there a more indepth site?

You usually have to go to each individual teams sites.Time consuming -Yes, but that is where I go.

Captain Ron 10-21-2003 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Konstantin Korneyev
Evgeny Malkin
Konstantin Pushkarev
Dmitri Kosmachev
Dmitri Chernnykh
Igor Mirnov
Yevgeniy Issakov
thx spongebob ! :yo:

Konstantin Korneyev is on the 4th defensive pairing with Ak Bars in the RSL.he has not contributed offensively for his team but continues to get ice-time for one of the top teams in the Superleague.Which is a positive.

GP-15 G-0 A-0 Pts-0 PIM-2

Evgeny Malkin is considered a top 10 prospect for the 2004 draft.He has the makings of a great power-forward.Being only 18 years old he is not getting a ton of ice-time, but as he gains confidence and adjusts to the league he will improve.

GP-9 G-0 A-2 Pts-2 PIM-2

Konstantin Pushkarev has had growing pains coming to the RSL from the Upper-League.He has seen some time on both Avangard (4th line of course) and their farm team.As his ice-time increases and he fills in a little bit he will be a force in the league.

GP-5 G-1 A-0 Pts-1 PIM-0

Dmitri Kosmachev had a rough start for CSKA Moscow.He put himself in the coaches doghouse after some defensive mistakes.He has been a healthy scratch for 7 of the last 10 games.For his sake hopefully he can start producing again.

GP-7 G-0 A-1 Pts-1 PIM-2

Dmitri Chernnykh has been a victim of not being high on the depth chart on a really talented team-CSKA Moscow.He has therefore played in few games with limited results.

GP-3 G-0 A-0 Pts-0 PIM-0

Igor Mirnov has had an exceptional start for Moscow Dynamo.He unfortunately doesn't get the same respect as team-mate Ovechkin and is making the best of his 3rd line duty.He is 4th on his team in scoring 1 goal behind Ovechkin.

GP-16 G-4 A-2 Pts-6 PIM-0

Yevgeniy Isaakov is doing really well condiering he is only pulling 4th line shifts.He has played a great number of games for Severstal Cherepovitz.Isaakov is making the most of his opportunities.

GP-10 G-1 A-2 Pts-3 PIM-2

Captain Ron 10-21-2003 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gags1288
What are your thoughts on Alexander Drozdetsky? Is there still a chance he will play in the NHL? Also, has he gained any weight since last year and if so, has that effected his speed? Thanks a lot

Alexander Drozdetsky is playing very well on an extremely talented team.He is only playing on the 3rd line but he is probably the best 3rd line winger in the RSL.To answer your other questions...

1. Yes, there is still a chance he could play in the NHL.
2. Yes, he has gained some weight (about 6 lbs.) but not enough to effect his speed in a negative way.

GP-16 G-6 A-2 Pts-8 PIM-10

Captain Ron 10-21-2003 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hossa
Hey spongebob,

Just a couple other names I'm interestd in because I have their rights in a fantasy hockey league....

Andrei Petrunin
Alex Zevakhin

Any info on these now aging prospects would be appreciated.

Andrei Petrunin was drafted by the Hartford Whalers in 1996.
he is a little past his prime as a prospect at the ripe old age of 25.He gets limited ice-time with Severstal.Not very impressive.

GP-7 G-0 A-1 Pts-1 PIM-2

Alex Zevakhin was drafted by Pittsburgh in 1998.He is not the worst player on his team (Amur) but then again he has no star potential.

GP-16 G-0 A-2 Pts-2 PIM-14

Both of these guys have almost no chance of playing in the NHL.

Captain Ron 10-21-2003 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the future
hey bob,

could you tell me how victor bobrov is developing?i see he's on the list for the wjc. is he nhl material? thanks

Viktor Bobrov has had a mediocre season on Kristall Elektrostal in the Upper-League.He needs to lead his team in scoring (which he isn't) or prove that he is good enough to compete in the Superleague to even have a chance of making it to the NHL.

GP-12 G-3 A-0 Pts-3

john g 10-22-2003 02:22 AM

thanks for your info Spongebob:bow:

V for Voodoo 10-22-2003 02:35 AM

spongebob the great

some toughies:

Is Igor Volkov as good as his stats indicate, or is he benefitting from an ideal situation.
Yakubov or Vorobiev. Who will have the better career?
Are you wearing square pants right now?

Gags1288 10-22-2003 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
Alexander Drozdetsky is playing very well on an extremely talented team.He is only playing on the 3rd line but he is probably the best 3rd line winger in the RSL.To answer your other questions...

1. Yes, there is still a chance he could play in the NHL.
2. Yes, he has gained some weight (about 6 lbs.) but not enough to effect his speed in a negative way.

GP-16 G-6 A-2 Pts-8 PIM-10

Thanks for the info. I've been trying to follow him since he was drafted. I saw him in a rookie camp and I saw a great talent, so i'm still holding out hope that he could be a pretty good 2nd line winger in the NHL.

Kevin Forbes 10-22-2003 04:34 PM

Hey Spongebob,
I was wondering if you think Maxim Rybin will ever join the Mighty Ducks on their side of the ocean? I trying to figure out top 20 rankings and if he probably isn't coming over to Anaheim, he probably won't be top 20 anymore.
Same goes for Korsunov, I think he could play a game similar to Vishnevsky, but will Ducks fans ever see him?

dem 10-22-2003 05:04 PM

Do tell about Alexie Mikhnov :p

Captain Ron 10-22-2003 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
some toughies:

Is Igor Volkov as good as his stats indicate, or is he benefitting from an ideal situation.
Yakubov or Vorobiev. Who will have the better career?
Are you wearing square pants right now?

The answer to your first question is yes and no.Volkov has 2 quality line-mates in Nikolai Zavarukhin and Maxeem Yakutsinya.Combined they are the 3rd best line in the league.But you have to also consider that Volkov has been named a top 3 star in 8 of the 16 games he has played in.He also leads his team in scoring and heads up the 1st line (no easy task for a 20 year old).In conclusion I believe that Volkov has real potential.

The answer to your second question....I would have to say Pavel Vorobiev but that is baes mainly on his success in the RSL.

As for your third question..................What do you think????? :D

Captain Ron 10-22-2003 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
For NJ
Arseny Bondarev

Arseny Bondarev .....Unfortunately for him after being selected last in this years entry draft he has all but disappeared from the Russian Hockey scene.Maybe he is taking some time off after his poor showing last year and his failure to make the national team.If you want me to I can check on his progress somewhere down the line.But, being the last overall pick in the draft I would say his prospects of making it to the NHL are are extremely slim.

Captain Ron 10-22-2003 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forbesy
Hey Spongebob,
I was wondering if you think Maxim Rybin will ever join the Mighty Ducks on their side of the ocean? I trying to figure out top 20 rankings and if he probably isn't coming over to Anaheim, he probably won't be top 20 anymore.
Same goes for Korsunov, I think he could play a game similar to Vishnevsky, but will Ducks fans ever see him?

Maxim Rybin is doing reasonably well for Severstal this season.I would say he has and outside chance of coming over though.His size (or lack of it) is his biggest hurdle.He could potentially be a decent 3rd liner.

GP-16 G-5 A-4 Pts-9 PIM-4

Vladimir Korsunov is a decent defenseman with some good size (6'2 203 lbs.).His size and physical play were considered rare when he was drafted.Unfortunately alot more bigger and tougher Russians have been moving through the ranks as of late.If he could add a little offense to his game he could potentially cross the pond (so to speak).If not he is destined to remain in the PHL.

GP-10 G-0 A-1 Pts-1 PIM-8