HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Radical Line Shuffling! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21265)

SingnBluesOnBroadway 10-20-2003 09:16 AM

Radical Line Shuffling!

Here's what I would do:

Hlavac-Nedved-Carter
Simon-Lindros-Barnaby
Keefe-Holik-Lundmark
Lacouture-Messier-Kovalev

deVries-Poti
Kasparaitis-Mironov
Bouchard-Purinton

This does a several things:

1) Puts Barnaby back with Lindros. Simon adds protection and maybe gives Lindros some security and confidence. Let Barnaby and Simon hit people and maybe Lindros will get caught up in the moment.

2) Give Carter a chance to play on a line with players more like himself. Gotta try something with this guy.

3) Gets Keefe in the line-up. We might as well see what this kid really is if anything.

4) I truly believe that Messier might possibly be the best center to play with Kovalev. Let's be honest. Messier is going to play. And if he is, why not give him a line mate who he has had success with in the past and be honest about rolling four lines. Let Mess get Kovalev the puck in the right spots and let Lacouture keep it simple. Let Alex be Alex.

5) Gets Malakhov out of the line-up. Lets see if this wakes up Vladikhav's brother in yawns Mironov. If it doesn't, guess what Bobo, you're sitting next game!

Just a thought.

Leetch 10-20-2003 09:21 AM

Or maybe these guys will always play poorly regardless of the line they are put on :(

Fletch 10-20-2003 09:31 AM

I still believe...

that Lundmark should play with Kovalev, as I believe Lundmark has the nicest shot from the left side on this team and would benefit from Kovalev's creativenss. I believe that Carter should play with Nedved; they've played in a limited amount of time but thought they clicked somewhat - Carter can keep up with Nedved. I believe that Barnaby complement Holik, and perhaps could be an annoying line to play against.

I further believe there is little do do on defense but hope that Leetch comes back soon (not so much because Leetch is a god, but it will get rid of one guy currently in the lineup) and that within a month Tjutin just gets even better prompting a call-up (again, getting rid of another guy).

So make the lines you want...those are my beliefs above.

Av-merican 10-20-2003 09:38 AM

I'd like to see something like this:

Nedved-Lundmark-Kovalev
Wiseman-Moore-Carter
Rucinsky-Holik-Barnaby
Simon-Messier-LaCouture

deVries-Poti
Tjutin-Bouchard
Purinton-Kasparaitis

Yup. Scratch the two worthless Russians, Hlavac, and Lindros. Give the rookies a chance. You can re-arrange the lines all you want, but the thing about this team is that it's too old and it's too slow. More speed, more youth, and maybe it won't solve things, but it'll at least give the fans something to get excited about.

NYR469 10-20-2003 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Lacouture-Messier-Kovalev

that would mean 20:00/night for messier

JR#9* 10-20-2003 10:10 AM

Before I break up the Nedved line I'd look to switch Carter with either Lundy or Barnaby with Carter sliding down to either Holik or Mess' right.

Defense the M+m pairing needs to be seperated and Vlad should be sat at least a game in favor of Dale.OMG--did I just say that!!!

It's more a conviction of Vlads horrific play than an endorsment of Dale.

Regardless getting Carter off of Lindros' line is my #1 priority right now.It could be benifitial to the both of them and jumpstart 2 lines and if that happens and the one line we leave intact in the Nedved line gets back to the form shown in preseason things can really turn around in a hurry.

barnaby63 10-20-2003 10:35 AM

hlavac-nedved-kovalev
rucinsky-lindros-lundmark
barnaby-holik-carter
lacouture-messier-keefe

i am not even touching the defensive pairings.

Brooklyn Ranger 10-20-2003 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR#9
Defense the M+m pairing needs to be seperated and Vlad should be sat at least a game in favor of Dale.OMG--did I just say that!!!

Yep, I just saw a pig flying past my window.

True Blue 10-20-2003 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Yep, I just saw a pig flying past my window.

You and me both

JR#9* 10-20-2003 11:12 AM

What can you say.

Vlad has been just dreadful in the 1st few games of the year and while I still despise Dale something has to be done and he can't do worse than what Vlad is playing right now.

As I said it's very much so a conviction of Vlad as oppossed to a vote of confidence for Dale who also has been terrible in preseason and the one game he got in but I'm hoping he can keep his head down and not have as many costly gaffes as Malakhov.

Vlad has been inconsistent and has had his bad games in his 3 yrs here but he is playing at by far his lowest and all you can hope for is that he didn't really get into game action until the last 2 preseason games after shoulder trouble is leading to his terrible play b/c like it or not we're stuck w/him for the balance of the yr.

Either that or hope he can simplify his game and be somewhat steady if he gets paired with#2 when he gets back b/c Brian can lift anybodies gameIMO.

pld459666 10-20-2003 12:06 PM

Someone needs to take a ****ing taser to these idiots and get some life put of them.

Anson Carter has been absolutely invisiable. Hlavac?? Has he even dressed this year yet?

thye better do something.

#37-#93-#27* 10-20-2003 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av-merican
I'd like to see something like this:

Nedved-Lundmark-Kovalev
Wiseman-Moore-Carter
Rucinsky-Holik-Barnaby
Simon-Messier-LaCouture

deVries-Poti
Tjutin-Bouchard
Purinton-Kasparaitis

Yup. Scratch the two worthless Russians, Hlavac, and Lindros. Give the rookies a chance. You can re-arrange the lines all you want, but the thing about this team is that it's too old and it's too slow. More speed, more youth, and maybe it won't solve things, but it'll at least give the fans something to get excited about.

Nedved-Lundmark-Kovalev.. I really like that idea.

Fletch 10-20-2003 12:51 PM

I do not...

I like Lundmark on the off-wing. He's got a wicked shot and takes it nicely off the pass. Why not take advantage of that by having him on the left side, with Kovalev on the right side? It opens up the ice for Lundmark as Kovalev will get a lot of attention, and Kovalev will get him the puck. Further, I thought having Lindros in the middle there would help as Lindros can open up the middle, and would be forced to crash the net. Lindros too has a nice shot. I know Lindros-Kovalev didn't work last season (and I believe that Kovalev played out of position on the left side), but I'm willing to try it again.

Unfortunately I think Lundmark-Mess-Kovalev may work the best. Lundmark scored most of his goals on Mess' line and Kovalev and Mess worked well together. Problem is Mess would become too fancy and we may be eating our hats during the game out of frustration.