HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pitkanen ice time for the last game ??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21277)

Leprechaun 10-20-2003 09:52 AM

Pitkanen ice time for the last game ???

Pitkanen played only 11:24 against Phoenix ! Is he injured ??? :dunno:

John Flyers Fan 10-20-2003 09:55 AM

No not injured.

Hitchcock did not play him at all in the 3rd period, and none of our genius hockey writers even brought it up after the game.

He's fine and will be in the line-up Tuesday night.

Leprechaun 10-20-2003 10:01 AM

So Hitchcock don't like the defensive aspect of Pitkanen yet ! Strange !

John Flyers Fan 10-20-2003 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leprechaun

I don't think that is necessarily the case, as he was out late in the game against Pittsburgh when it was tied, and he dominated during the OT.

He was also on the ice late against San Jose in a 0-0 tie.

Teezax 10-20-2003 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leprechaun

I don't think it's that. I guess he didn't want a rookie in that type of a Physical game. he might have been worried that they were going to try and hurt him like they did Handzus and Gagné

Quellet The Dogs Out 10-20-2003 10:48 AM

Well Pitkanen was also the direct cause of one of the goals against...he definitely went from the "penthouse" to the "dog house" in a very quick amount of time, as Dorny said.

We'll see...I think it might have been some sort of punishment maybe...:dunno:

Green Mile 10-20-2003 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out
Well Pitkanen was also the direct cause of one of the goals against...he definitely went from the "penthouse" to the "dog house" in a very quick amount of time, as Dorny said.

Yeah the lack of information from Panaccio and Moran was kind of startling. I thought one of them would've mentioned it, as they've been talking about Pitkanen in many articles.

Hitch was dissapointed with Pitkanen's play I guess, as I read that he basically was the cause for one of Phoenix's goals. Then again, the kid had a goal and an assist himself. Still, it might be Hitchcock's way of giving the kid some "tough love," and not let him get used to always playing just because he's a big young stud.

RoDu 10-20-2003 01:37 PM

he did give the puck away for the 1st phoenix goal, that's all i know

Rex8 10-20-2003 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out

I agree, more of a message than punishment.