HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So...any news on Comrie yet? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21304)

USC Trojans 10-20-2003 12:27 PM

So...any news on Comrie yet?
 
Its been awfully quiet the past week or so. Haven't heard if Lowe and Winter are still talking, or is Lowe talking to other GMs for a trade.
The suspense is killing me, and since the Oilers are playing well, I don't think Lowe has the urgency to get anything done.

Anyone feel the same way?

IceDragoon 10-20-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alzardnp1
Its been awfully quiet the past week or so. Haven't heard if Lowe and Winter are still talking, or is Lowe talking to other GMs for a trade.
The suspense is killing me, and since the Oilers are playing well, I don't think Lowe has the urgency to get anything done.

Anyone feel the same way?

I'm sorry, but my memory is a little short and fuzzy. Who are you talking about?

:p

jofa 10-20-2003 12:52 PM

I get the feeling it might be a long time before Lowe makes any move with Comrie. I think he realizes a lot of the Oilers' future, and his own reputation as a General Manager, will depend on how successfully he deals with this situation. So, if he does get traded, I think Lowe will wait until the right deal comes along rather than force something to happen.

serum114 10-20-2003 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jofa
I get the feeling it might be a long time before Lowe makes any move with Comrie. I think he realizes a lot of the Oilers' future, and his own reputation as a General Manager, will depend on how successfully he deals with this situation. So, if he does get traded, I think Lowe will wait until the right deal comes along rather than force something to happen.

Amen, I was just about to post the same thing

Digger12 10-20-2003 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jofa
I get the feeling it might be a long time before Lowe makes any move with Comrie. I think he realizes a lot of the Oilers' future, and his own reputation as a General Manager, will depend on how successfully he deals with this situation. So, if he does get traded, I think Lowe will wait until the right deal comes along rather than force something to happen.

Just to add on to that - if Lowe is trying to trade Comrie, part of this waiting is likely being foisted upon Lowe because it doesn't seem like teams are all that anxious to make a trade yet. It's still a bit early in the season, give it another 10 games and those teams off to poor starts (Rangers, Capitals, Black Hawks, Ducks, Panthers) might get a wee bit more interested.

thome_26 10-20-2003 01:59 PM

Yes, It's looking more and more like the Ducks could perhaps be interested in Comrie - or some kind of greatly needed help.....

oilers_guy_eddie 10-20-2003 02:02 PM

I hope that the Oilers continue to play well and that we don't hear another peep about The Stunted One until draft-day.

Hemmer 10-20-2003 03:49 PM

How about Chistov and Vishnevski from the Ducks?

USC Trojans 10-20-2003 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemmer
How about Chistov and Vishnevski from the Ducks?

hey, I'd be satisfied if we got Chistov alone for Comrie.

rabi_sultan 10-20-2003 05:09 PM

what is the ruling on a protected RFA, how long can they be protected under the qualifying offer rule with no contract?

Hemmer 10-20-2003 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alzardnp1
hey, I'd be satisfied if we got Chistov alone for Comrie.

Yeah, I'd do that straight up. If we threw in a pick, we could probably get Vishnevski as well.

Hemmer 10-20-2003 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
what is the ruling on a protected RFA, how long can they be protected under the qualifying offer rule with no contract?


Seems from Lowe's comments that Comrie can sit until 31 (under the current CBA that is)

Shibumi 10-20-2003 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemmer
Seems from Lowe's comments that Comrie can sit until 31 (under the current CBA that is)


I look at it this way...Comrie et al had Kevin Lowe over a barrell and negotiated a rather lucrative conract. I would assume had Comrie et al not had the leverage of going back into the draft, or free agency the contract terms might have been less generous. However, they had the leverage and used it. They basically wrote their own contract. If they lacked the foresight to look two years down the road and see what was looming then T.S. Comrie should get another agent IMHO. He should also sign a deal here in Edmonton. I don't like the fact that it looks like he quit on this team and is coming across as a thin-skinned baby in the process. I think that says a lot about Comrie's character and I am not so sure that a person of such character is needed on this team.

Kevin Lowe is just returning a favour from a couple of years ago. Time to grow up Mikey, take your lumps and be a man about things.

Oi'll say! 10-20-2003 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jofa
I get the feeling it might be a long time before Lowe makes any move with Comrie. I think he realizes a lot of the Oilers' future, and his own reputation as a General Manager, will depend on how successfully he deals with this situation. So, if he does get traded, I think Lowe will wait until the right deal comes along rather than force something to happen.

I wouldn't say "long time", I'd be hoping to see something happen at or b4 the 30 game mark.

Lowe will have had more than enough time to evaluate his own needs, and other gm's around the league will be at the point where they know they should make a move.

Most importantly, the return we get for Comrie should be a valuable player, and it would be nice to have that player around for a big chunk of the season. It's already been proven that forwards don't just come in here and start playing like Oilers right off the bat, the period of adjustment here seems to be well over twenty games.

Fists of Fuhry 10-20-2003 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemmer
Seems from Lowe's comments that Comrie can sit until 31 (under the current CBA that is)


Hmm.. that's alot of sitting... better get some of that preperation H stuff.. :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.