HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I'm looking for... and I would like you to welcome! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21314)

MiRoN 10-20-2003 12:01 PM

I'm looking for... and I would like you to welcome!

Hello!

I am new here. My name is Miron and I am from Poland. I would like to welcome you. :yo: I've been interested in NHL for 2 years.

My favourite player is Jose Theodore. I am also a great fan of Mike Komisarek (his parents are polish) and I also like Mariusz Czerkawski very much. :)

I am also an editor of Montreal Canadiens Unofficial Polish site. If you speek polish I would like you to visit this site:

--> canadiens.nhl.pl

You can also visit it even if you don't speek polish... you can comment our graphic design and so on ;)

I have a question to you. I am looking for Habs pics in home jerseys for this season. I found them on official site but they are too small for me. Maybe you could help me? THX! :)

Greetings!

Miron

PS. Sorry if my english isn't good. =)

Habsolument 10-20-2003 12:19 PM

Welcome to the board :handclap: Nice site even though I can't read polish.

Hab at it 10-20-2003 12:46 PM

Welcome to the board!

montreal 10-20-2003 01:46 PM

Welcome to the site. I don't know where you could get pics besides the offical site. Maybe try google.com?

Mathieu Lavergne 10-20-2003 01:56 PM

Welcome aboard! I am happy to see another european join in. Your english is very good.

If you want some pictures, most hockey fans go on yahoo! sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl

At the bottom right, you have the photo highlight and the gallery is updated every night. You'll find at least 5 pictures about every games.
You can also click on the ''Players'' link at the top of the page, you will see that yahoo! made a profile for each player and in those profiles, there's usually 1-2-3 pictures of a said player.

Munchausen 10-20-2003 02:01 PM

Hey your english is great Miron don't worry and welcome aboard! Very nice to hear posters from different parts of the world. Looking forward to your posts. :)

MontrealSF 10-20-2003 02:10 PM

My God !! Your website is FANTASTIC !! Now I will have to learn polish ! You did a wonderful job !

Welcome !

Question : Are there a lot of Habs fans in Polish ?

MiRoN 10-20-2003 02:16 PM

THX! I'm glad to join this board :) You're nice :bow:

I'm looking for high resolution pictures that are in Habs profiles at www.canadiens.com but not those pictures that show players in action on the ice. You know what I mean? :)

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-20-2003 02:19 PM

Hey, welcome to the board.

MiRoN 10-20-2003 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyF
My God !! Your website is FANTASTIC !! Now I will have to learn polish ! You did a wonderful job !

Welcome !

Question : Are there a lot of Habs fans in Polish ?

THX! There are a few Habs fans in Poland. I made this site with two friends :)

AK-47 10-20-2003 02:29 PM

Welcome aboard, looking forward to reading your posts. Good site by the way.

Is it just me, or is this site gaining fans today?

Markov79 10-20-2003 03:27 PM

your site is better then the habs official site!

KOMO_ROCKS 10-20-2003 03:29 PM

www.habstalk.com

just heard of it today, though it is nothing special

Darz 10-20-2003 04:14 PM

Welcome aboard MiRoNeK.....also cool site.

It's nice to hear from habs fans from all over the world.

Look forward to your future posts. :handclap:

caper13 10-20-2003 05:12 PM

welcome :handclap: :handclap: :yo:

habitants9_4 10-20-2003 05:15 PM

http://www.habsworld.net/

Habfansincebirth 10-20-2003 06:17 PM

Great site. Is it a problem that the statistical content is in engish? I suppose that most Poles can read english. European school systems have a good reputation for teaching different languages, notably english.

Glad to see that there is enough interest in the Habs in Poland to warrant such a well made site. The habs need to have a strong international fanbase for the future. The team needs to really sell itself and it's history wordwide in order to be liberated from the financial restrictions associated with the market size within Quebec alone. It wouldn't hurt the cause if Montreal could get back to it's winning ways.

ShootOut 10-20-2003 06:21 PM

You're most welcome; there are never enough brave knights.

Thanks to your website, I'm already better in Polish than I am in German. :)

tipping point 10-20-2003 08:12 PM

A couple years ago, i sailed for a year on a tallship. Some of the crew where Polish...great guys, hard workers and all. I learned some polish then but of course the only thing I remeber are bad words !... anyways, all this to say welcome and great website.

loadie 10-20-2003 08:25 PM

Welcome...I look forward to visiting your site often.

Gros Bill 10-21-2003 06:33 AM

Welcome to the habs board, Mironek. Your web site is amazing ! Very good job.

No wonder your favorite player is Jose Théodore - he's one heck of a good bramkarz !

MiRoN 10-21-2003 10:29 AM

Thank you all! :bow:

I agree with you Gros Bill - Jose Theodore is one heck of a good bramkarz! :D :handclap:

joepaco 10-21-2003 12:59 PM

poland

is hockey very popular in Poland . do many kids play it ? What is the most popular sport , soccer ??

Brisebois 10-21-2003 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepaco
is hockey very popular in Poland . do many kids play it ? What is the most popular sport , soccer ??

I'd figure it must be if I can think of 2 Polish NHL players offhand.

Mariusz Czerkawski and Krzystov Oliwa.

MiRoN 10-22-2003 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepaco

Hockey isn't very popular in Poland but I think that it will change soon. :) We have a hockey league but it is very poor... only 6 teams are playing in 1st league. Yes! Mariusz Czerkawski and Krzysztof Oliwa are from Poland but there are some more people in NHL that have something polish... for example Ed Olczyk has polish origin, he is a junior Penguinscoach I guess ;) Komisarek's parents are from Poland... Minnesota Wild drafted Marcin Kolusz this year... and so on...