HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Been around forever? Answer these questions... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=213558)

PSP 01-20-2006 01:29 AM

Been around forever? Answer these questions...
 
Let's see how good you are..........
(These are all according to the 1967/68 Media Guide)

1. What was the original seating capacity of the Forum? (and no, it isn't 16,005)

2. What was the score of the first Kings preseason game? Who did they play? Where was the game played?

3. How many games did the Kings play in Long Beach? LA Sports Arena?

ILuvLA 01-20-2006 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSP
Let's see how good you are..........
(These are all according to the 1967/68 Media Guide)

1. What was the original seating capacity of the Forum? (and no, it isn't 16,005)

2. What was the score of the first Kings preseason game? Who did they play? Where was the game played?

3. How many games did the Kings play in Long Beach? LA Sports Arena?


OK. I will admit to having been around for a while.
But to answer these questions, one must be completely sober. I will admit to a couple of glasses of wine when I got home and saw the final score tonight...

Belanger25 01-20-2006 01:35 AM

I wasn't born for another 19 years so I can't answer it.

Mindcircus 01-20-2006 01:52 AM

...
 
Answer to the first question is 17,505. At least, that's what it was for the Lakers. I think...

PSP 01-20-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindcircus
Answer to the first question is 17,505. At least, that's what it was for the Lakers. I think...

Nope

jfont 01-20-2006 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvLA
OK. I will admit to having been around for a while.
But to answer these questions, one must be completely sober. I will admit to a couple of glasses of wine when I got home and saw the final score tonight...

you went out on a date! i'm jealous!!!! :madfire:








j/k :D

ILuvLA 01-20-2006 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
you went out on a date! i'm jealous!!!! :madfire:








j/k :D

Don't I wish I had a date tonight!! Unfortunately, I had to work really late on a special project tonight!! Ergo, the alcohol when I finally got home. I can't believe that I missed this game.... aargh!!!!

jfont 01-20-2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Don't I wish I had a date tonight!! Unfortunately, I had to work really late on a special project tonight!! Ergo, the alcohol when I finally got home. I can't believe that I missed this game.... aargh!!!!

guess what...i had tickets to the game too...except i passed cause i wanted to take a class tonite...boy, do i regret it now...

TubbyTerrion* 01-20-2006 02:21 AM

I have no idea, but how come the Kings Media Guide doesn't list "Most Points By A Kings Defenseman, Game"

Is it Matti Norstrom? 5? 1/19/06 v. Atlanta?

ILuvLA 01-20-2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
guess what...i had tickets to the game too...except i passed cause i wanted to take a class tonite...boy, do i regret it now...

Welcome to my world. I too passed my tickets on to someone else..... Regret doesn't begin to describe it. When I get the email tomorrow thanking me for the tickets, I shall try to refrain from crying!!! At least I taped the game!!

ILuvLA 01-20-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I have no idea, but how come the Kings Media Guide doesn't list "Most Points By A Kings Defenseman, Game"

Is it Matti Norstrom? 5? 1/19/06 v. Atlanta?

After tonight, I think that you might be correct! :)

Mindcircus 01-20-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSP
Nope

Am i at least right about the Lakers part?

Reaper45 01-20-2006 02:57 AM

Hell if I know, I went out and celebtrated, and got drunk.

Prince 01-20-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSP
Let's see how good you are..........
(These are all according to the 1967/68 Media Guide)

1. What was the original seating capacity of the Forum? (and no, it isn't 16,005)

2. What was the score of the first Kings preseason game? Who did they play? Where was the game played?

3. How many games did the Kings play in Long Beach? LA Sports Arena?

I don't have a KMG but I will give it a shot off the top of my head.
1. Fairly confidant it was 16,505. If not it was 16,005.
2. The game was played in the LB Civic center
3. 12 @ LB and 6 @ LA SA

PSP 01-20-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindcircus
Am i at least right about the Lakers part?

Honestly, I don't know.

I'll give up the first one (since it really doesn't matter anyway):

I can remember a sellout being announced as 16,005 - but that wasn't the capacity listed in the media guide in the early years.

1967/68 15,651
1968/69 16,091
1969/70 16,059
1970/71 16,005

PSP 01-20-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince
2. The game was played in the LB Civic center

The Kings played their first ever game on September 18, 1967 against the Minnesota North Stars in Hamilton, Ontario. They lost 7-3

Their first training camp was held at Guelph Memorial Gardens Guelph, Ontario

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince
3. 12 @ LB and 6 @ LA SA

Very close - 11 @ LB, 6 @ LASA

Old Hickory 01-20-2006 12:13 PM

Good stuff PSP. I am always down to learn more history!

The Tikkanen 01-20-2006 04:50 PM

Worst thing about the Forum was the bathrooms. You had to wait in a line that went down stairs-not good if you've been drinking. Then you had the trough instead of urinals, man that place was a dump.

Captain Ron 01-20-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I have no idea, but how come the Kings Media Guide doesn't list "Most Points By A Kings Defenseman, Game"

Is it Matti Norstrom? 5? 1/19/06 v. Atlanta?

I am not positive but I think Duchesne has the record???:dunno:

Captain Ron 01-20-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen
Worst thing about the Forum was the bathrooms. You had to wait in a line that went down stairs-not good if you've been drinking. Then you had the trough instead of urinals, man that place was a dump.

I couldn't use the trough because it felt like the guys next to me were checking out my package.:amazed:

The Tikkanen 01-20-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob
I couldn't use the trough because it felt like the guys next to me were checking out my package.:amazed:

Could have been me, small world. I was the guy in the Tim Watters jersey. Nobody could fall on a puck and get a whistle like Tim Watters.

Prince 01-21-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince
I don't have a KMG but I will give it a shot off the top of my head.
1. Fairly confidant it was 16,505. If not it was 16,005.
2. The game was played in the LB Civic center
3. 12 @ LB and 6 @ LA SA

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSP
The Kings played their first ever game on September 18, 1967 against the Minnesota North Stars in Hamilton, Ontario. They lost 7-3

Their first training camp was held at Guelph Memorial Gardens Guelph, Ontario



Very close - 11 @ LB, 6 @ LASA

Not bad for a WAG!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.