HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What is Brad Richards worth? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=213698)

PapaBear* 01-20-2006 12:27 PM

What is Brad Richards worth?

What would it take to get him out of TB. What does Feaster want?

Sotnos 01-20-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaBear
What does Feaster want?

Brad Richards in a Lightning uniform for many years to come.

Kimi 01-20-2006 12:53 PM

Ducks will be looking. What's his contract status, RFA or UFA?

PapaBear* 01-20-2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos
Brad Richards in a Lightning uniform for many years to come.

Wouldnt be so sure about that. No way they can afford 3, high priced fwds. They should try to unload St Louis.

Richards > St Louis and Vinny anyday.

HockeyCritter 01-20-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naru
Ducks will be looking. What's his contract status, RFA or UFA?

Richards is a Type II restricted free agent .If reports coming out of Tampa are to believed, Fester will sign Richards to a deal somewhere between LeCavalier and St. Louis total contract ----- now if he wants to tie up nearly 50% of his cap space in three forwards, so be it I just wonder how he will fill out the rest of the roster.

Going Back to Cally 01-20-2006 01:04 PM

Wow, another Brad Richards thread by Papabear.

Snap Wilson 01-20-2006 01:49 PM

Can we put a moratorium on the "X team is interested in Brad Richards" threads? Every goddamned team is interested in Brad Richards. Not one GM would kick him out of bed. The team with the most cap space who is willing to shell out the most years is the one that will get him. End of story.

Chinaski* 01-20-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Wouldnt be so sure about that. No way they can afford 3, high priced fwds. They should try to unload St Louis.

Richards > St Louis and Vinny anyday.

I second that. Richards is one of the most talented players in the league. Unlike Lecavalier he has proven to be a supesrtar. Lecavalier is not worth the money he is making. No way. :shakehead

Boltsfan2029 01-20-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

You asked what Feaster wants for Brad Richards. Well, that's what he wants -- for him to stay.

If you wanted to know what the fans think he would be willing to take for him, then that's what you should have asked, no?

Sotnos 01-20-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029
You asked what Feaster wants for Brad Richards. Well, that's what he wants -- for him to stay.

If you wanted to know what the fans think he would be willing to take for him, then that's what you should have asked, no?

Yep, it was a 100% truthful answer to the question asked, and I think our GM knows more about the Bolts budget than all the *cough* great brains of HF put together.

I really wish Brad would re-sign as early as possible so we don't have to hear about this for months on end, but I doubt we'll get so lucky. :shakehead It's becoming the Vinny Saga all over again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyp
Not one GM would kick him out of bed.

I know it's a figure of speech, but that's an interesting way to put it! :D

Kimi 01-20-2006 03:05 PM

I'll ask a question then; What do you want from Anaheim for Richards?

Sotnos 01-20-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naru
I'll ask a question then; What do you want from Anaheim for Richards?

Personally? Nothing, I want Brad Richards. :)

Put it this way, Bolts fans had to read and were asked to comment on proposals about Lecavalier for years, we don't want to hear it about Richards now. Ask us about a non-core player for a change.

krt88 01-20-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

What would it take to get him out of TB. What does Feaster want?

an awful lot.

It can be a bunch of average players for him, any team will have to offer up a player.

The Sabres could offer guys like:
Kalinen
Pominville
Roy
Novotny
Stafford (prospect)
Pyatt
Afinogenov

but none of them would make a deal and I doubt serious Buffalo would part with Vanek, Drury or Briere so I can't see the Sabres being about to pull off a deal for Richards.

Darth Milbury 01-20-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyp
Can we put a moratorium on the "X team is interested in Brad Richards" threads? Every goddamned team is interested in Brad Richards. Not one GM would kick him out of bed. The team with the most cap space who is willing to shell out the most years is the one that will get him. End of story.

Because Brad Richards is a RFA, the amount of cap space teams have is not going to be all that relevant. Its possible somebody could offer him a contract and suck up the compensation, but I personally doubt that happens with teams having the option to sign UFAs.

LeHab 01-20-2006 03:55 PM

I suspect Tampa will probably trade St-Louis or Lecavalier to free up space before before trading Richards.

Colorado Avalanche 01-20-2006 03:58 PM

Liles and Wolski.

GoBoltz56 01-20-2006 04:01 PM

Since when is 15 million "50% of the cap"? Last I checked the cap was 39 million and is going up by at least a couple million next year. Richards will be signed to a long-term deal for 4-5 million per season. He makes over 3 million now..so it's not like we're adding 5 million to our current situation..more like 1-2 million..which is what the cap is expected to be raised by. Other people will be let go to make room for him if it becomes a problem. Why would tampa want to tie up money in 3 players? Because they're 3 of the best young players in the league.

GoBoltz56 01-20-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
Liles and Wolski.

And a laugh from Feaster. Try Tanguay, Liles, and Wolski. He won the Conn Smythe..we're not taking 2 prospects for him.

Colorado Avalanche 01-20-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBoltz56
And a laugh from Feaster. Try Tanguay, Liles, and Wolski. He won the Conn Smythe..we're not taking 2 prospects for him.

Liles isn't prospect and Wolski is highly rated prospect. They are also lot cheaper than Richards.

Yayo 01-20-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBoltz56

Oh of course, Lacroix will just throw in his best young talent and team MVP of this season.

Hemsky4PM 01-20-2006 04:22 PM

It only makes sense to keep Richards. It's not like he's Yashin or something and would be untradable at $6M a season. Look at Thornton, he was traded and is worth what he makes. If they had to make a move down the road they'd still get a reasonable return in any trade. I'm still a believer that Feaster gave Lecavalier and St. Louis too much money, but he was under some serious pressure after winning the Cup. Lecavalier has been overrated since he arrived in the league, it's pretty clear that he's not at the level of Kovalchuk, Thornton or Jagr in terms of point production. St. Louis had an incredible season in 04, but unless he's hurt he's playing this year like a 30-35 goal, 70-80 point guy, which is more his level. I thought the rule changes would really benefit Tampa Bay, seems they haven't. I will concede that Tampa had to pay these guys or some other team would have.

Unfortunately for Tampa, they're going to be in very tough to keep Kubina or get a solid starting goaltender with three $6M players on their roster, even if the cap goes up.

gobolt7 01-20-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos
I really wish Brad would re-sign as early as possible so we don't have to hear about this for months on end, but I doubt we'll get so lucky. :shakehead It's becoming the Vinny Saga all over again.

:clap:

Amen to that. I really cant wait until he re -signs so all this foolishness can come to an end.

oil slick 01-20-2006 04:58 PM

If I were Tampa I would

a)Not keep all three of Richards, Lecavalier, and St.Louis beyon this season... 19 million is just too much for 3 forwards IMO.

b)definately trade St. Louis before Richards.

c)Demand alot for St.Louis... like... alot.

Darth Milbury 01-20-2006 05:07 PM

Given St. Louis' salary, Bolts would be lucky if they got anything in a trade.

Colorado Avalanche 01-20-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil slick

c)Demand alot for St.Louis... like... alot.

His contract is huge and long. That will reduce his trade value for sure.