HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT Game #47 1/21/06 Columbus at Nashville 7:00CST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=213705)

Joe T Choker 01-20-2006 02:00 PM

GDT Game #47 1/21/06 Columbus at Nashville 7:00CST

Might as well start it a day early ... anything to get us off the schneid

Oh and remember to bring your voices Saturday night ... "STEROIDS, STEROIDS, STEROIDS"

Fire Sather 01-20-2006 02:08 PM

Seamus the heckler!!

You guys should beat Columbus, they arent that good, just hot right now

Fraserburn 01-20-2006 02:08 PM

Is there any possibility at all that berard's testing positive for steriods would have anything to do with medication he would be taking for his eye?

or is this strictly for work out/strength purposes

Enoch 01-20-2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraserburn
Is there any possibility at all that berard's testing positive for steriods would have anything to do with medication he would be taking for his eye?

He knowingly did it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=151589&hubname=nhl

SmokeyClause 01-20-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraserburn

From everything I've read, it does not appear to be related to his eyes. He probably went to a place like GNC and purchased some sort of workout supplement that claimed to be OK but in actuality had the steriod 19-norandrosterone. I don't think it's a huge deal unless they think that he was taking this stuff with direct knowledge, but that would be difficult to determine.

I think he probably made a mistake in choosing what supplements to use and has learned a valuable lesson. Now hopefully he'll consult the NHL or his team's trainer to determine which supplements are appropriate.

barrytrotzsneck 01-21-2006 11:36 AM

don't feel good about this one, unless mason gets the start.

Enoch 01-21-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids

The Jackets are doing what we did in 02-03 and making a mid-season push. They have been winning a heck of a lot of games lately..

jimotis 01-21-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch

where there does it say he "knowingly" did it?

Jovavic 01-21-2006 02:37 PM

Berard - muh, he wasn't a member of the team when he used it and he doesn't now. So, doesn't bother me, heckle him all you want, I doubt he's here for much longer anyway.

Game - If the Jackets play the same way they played the Blues yesterday, this one is going to get out of hand early. At least Walker can't hook up Legwand for a long pass. Leclaire should be starting and the Jackets have given up at least 40 shots in 10 straight games or something stupid like that. 5-3 Preds

dulzhok 01-21-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimotis
where there does it say he "knowingly" did it?

"''There's nothing I can do about it now, other than accepting what I've done. We'll learn from it, it was a mistake and it won't happen again.''

He certainly sounds like he admited to it.

barrytrotzsneck 01-21-2006 08:20 PM

Hulse and Stevenson almost go. Would liked nothing more than to see Stevie beat Hulse's ugly face in, but the fight ended before it could even begin.

barrytrotzsneck 01-21-2006 08:31 PM

I'd love to hear what Pete and Terry have to say about that Hartnell goal, because the Cbus commentators hate it. Personally, the only thing questionable was the original call, as there's NO kick motion. He brought his leg down, the puck hit it and went in. I didn't think we'd get it because of the initial call, but nice surprise, and the right call was made in the end.

barrytrotzsneck 01-21-2006 08:51 PM

Wow, Kariya takes a broken play from Foote...and does the right thing. Flings it on the backhand at net. Leclaire is stunned and it flips right by him. 2-1, with what is hopefully a morale obliterating late-period goal.

Gnashville 01-21-2006 10:10 PM

Hartnell is having himself a game so far 2g 1a

barrytrotzsneck 01-21-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnashville
Hartnell is having himself a game so far 2g 1a

Funny, considering some of the mildew over on the other board were pondering what we could package him for, last week ;)

Gnashville 01-21-2006 10:37 PM

The Pred have more points this year than in their 1st.
Boy did we Suk 98-99 Roster
I'm listening to The Jackets radio and they are interviewing Hulse :eek:

SmokeyClause 01-21-2006 11:31 PM

Couple of things: What the heck happened with that Chimera/Markov scuffle. How did Markov get the penalty there? From my vantage point, it looked like a shoulder to the face of Chimera on the initial hit and then it looked like Chimera ran right at Markov at center ice. Did I miss something?

And a lady in front of me said that after Vokoun lost his stick, he could not go get it himself even after the play was stopped. Even though the stick was only 10 feet from him, he had to wait for Hall to go grab it and bring it to him. Is this a legitimate rule, and if so, what are its origins and what is its purpose?

Enoch 01-22-2006 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Couple of things: What the heck happened with that Chimera/Markov scuffle. How did Markov get the penalty there? From my vantage point, it looked like a shoulder to the face of Chimera on the initial hit and then it looked like Chimera ran right at Markov at center ice. Did I miss something?

And a lady in front of me said that after Vokoun lost his stick, he could not go get it himself even after the play was stopped. Even though the stick was only 10 feet from him, he had to wait for Hall to go grab it and bring it to him. Is this a legitimate rule, and if so, what are its origins and what is its purpose?

I don't know what that rule is or if there is one Smokey. Hall did give Vokoun his personal stick though, which was pretty funny. I missed what happened with the Markov incident as well. Not sure why he took the penalty, but meh...no biggie.

I had a great time at the game tonight, free tickets from some friends, free hats for coming early, free taco, and a win! I love beating the Blue Jackets, especially in the 48 shots/7-2 category :D. Everyone played good.

Happy Birthday to Ryan Suter - only 21 years old.

Hopefully the penalty shot stop will give Vokoun some confidence. He probably could have had the second goal, but it was 5-1 at that point ... He still is having a hard time getting up...very sluggish once he goes down. Then again, he has always been a little slow to get back up. Still, the penalty shot save really let us secure a victory in this one.

Hartnell is on fire, as is Kariya/Erat/Perrault. Kimmo and Zids are really starting to pick it up on the PP as well. Speaking of the PP, ours owned the Jackets tonight....

The crowd was only a bit over 15k, but it was really loud tonight.

"Berard, Cheater" "Berard, Cheater"

:handclap::biglaugh::handclap:

Basher 01-22-2006 03:05 AM

Fun game to go to, seven of us went and had a good time. The first period was actually kinda boring save for the scuffle. But past that it was exciting.

To me it looked like Markov hit Chimera in the face with his glove at center ice, after the initial mix-up along the boards. But it happened pretty quickly and I didn't have a great look at it, so I'm not sure.

predperson 01-22-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids

feel better now?

Pred303 01-22-2006 10:50 AM

a few thoughts on the type of game that's fun for the whole family;

...this was probably the best passing game and puck moving game we've had this year. some real beautiful first assists, things that oftentime get overlooked because of all the goal scoring excitement in a high scoring one like this. johnson's pass to hartnell on the off the skate goal, walker's off the halfboard one to kariya on the go ahead one, zidlciky's feed to perreault on the first pp one... all very nice first assist passes.
...sully with a horrible read on the turnover to federov on the shorthanded goal. don't think he ever saw federov pinching back on him. great pass and deflection by them. other than that one, we owned this game from start to finish.
...won all three periods, outscoring them in each. that's the type of stuff you love to see.
...hartnell's skate goal. surprised me that they waved it off so fast, and because that was the initial ruling on ice, i about halfway expected it to not be counted (even though it should have been when you watch the replay). still don't know why they were so quick to wave that one off.
...hartnell with another good game, two or three in a row now. very nice deflection on the 2nd one. good to see him back.
...kariya with two goalscorer goals tonight. if someone will feed kariya the puck in a place where he can shoot the puck kariya will score goals, tons of goals. great backhander there late in the first, changed this game. then what a bullet wrister on number 2.
...we win this one with the one line that's been carrying us doing basically very little offensively. sully-fiddler-walks only line to not put up a goal among the 7. not that they played poorly.
...what a thing of beauty the hartnell to zidlicky to perreault pp goal was. perfect timing by zidlicky and a great deflection.
...obviously, the vokoun shutdown of letowski on the penalty shot was the key play of the game that early in the third. when letowski skated out wide, you knew he was probably trying to get vokoun moving from his right to left and trying to get him to open the 5 hole that has been his weakness lately. there was a hole there, but koun used his stick perfectly to cover. we had it won when he stopped that shot.
...zidlicky with a rocket off the crossbar for number 4, timonen with a great low pointshot for harts's number 5 deflection..
...they make a great hold in at the blueline for their pp goal, but what i like best is how quickly kariya and then hordichuk answered. that's the way you deflate a team.
...i expect stevenson to have something fairly serious wrong. shelley is good for nothing else, except hurting someone on some cheap play. i expect smithson to move to wing, nichol to start at center, and tootoo to be recalled is stevenson is really out again.
...smithson had a great game in limited time. 3 assists, even though they were all three secondary assists he made a great play holding the puck in late in the first that walker then fed to kariya for the key goal.
....felt like we dominated in the faceoff circle. was surprised to get home and check the stats and see it was even up there.
....leclaire has to have shell shock this morning from the rubber bouncing off him all night.
...always great to see nash-zherdev shutdown, we're going to be hating these two for many years.
..was surprised to see vokoun again. really thought trotz would rest him before the detroit games.

perfect win before the detroit doubleheader coming, now we have a little confidence and momentum heading into monday. offensively this team is doing some more job right now. we're actually now in the top 10 in goals scored per game (3.19 g/g, 9th best), in the top 10 in powerplay % again (19.5%, 8th best) and in the top 10 in even strength goal ratio (1.19 to 1, 8th best). all fantastic numbers.

can hardly wait for monday, going to be a fun two games i think.

tulsytrid1 01-22-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
a few thoughts on the type of game that's fun for the whole family;

...this was probably the best passing game and puck moving game we've had this year. some real beautiful first assists, things that oftentime get overlooked because of all the goal scoring excitement in a high scoring one like this. johnson's pass to hartnell on the off the skate goal, walker's off the halfboard one to kariya on the go ahead one, zidlciky's feed to perreault on the first pp one... all very nice first assist passes.
...sully with a horrible read on the turnover to federov on the shorthanded goal. don't think he ever saw federov pinching back on him. great pass and deflection by them. other than that one, we owned this game from start to finish.
...won all three periods, outscoring them in each. that's the type of stuff you love to see.
...hartnell's skate goal. surprised me that they waved it off so fast, and because that was the initial ruling on ice, i about halfway expected it to not be counted (even though it should have been when you watch the replay). still don't know why they were so quick to wave that one off.
...hartnell with another good game, two or three in a row now. very nice deflection on the 2nd one. good to see him back.
...kariya with two goalscorer goals tonight. if someone will feed kariya the puck in a place where he can shoot the puck kariya will score goals, tons of goals. great backhander there late in the first, changed this game. then what a bullet wrister on number 2.
...we win this one with the one line that's been carrying us doing basically very little offensively. sully-fiddler-walks only line to not put up a goal among the 7. not that they played poorly.
...what a thing of beauty the hartnell to zidlicky to perreault pp goal was. perfect timing by zidlicky and a great deflection.
...obviously, the vokoun shutdown of letowski on the penalty shot was the key play of the game that early in the third. when letowski skated out wide, you knew he was probably trying to get vokoun moving from his right to left and trying to get him to open the 5 hole that has been his weakness lately. there was a hole there, but koun used his stick perfectly to cover. we had it won when he stopped that shot.
...zidlicky with a rocket off the crossbar for number 4, timonen with a great low pointshot for harts's number 5 deflection..
...they make a great hold in at the blueline for their pp goal, but what i like best is how quickly kariya and then hordichuk answered. that's the way you deflate a team.
...i expect stevenson to have something fairly serious wrong. shelley is good for nothing else, except hurting someone on some cheap play. i expect smithson to move to wing, nichol to start at center, and tootoo to be recalled is stevenson is really out again.
...smithson had a great game in limited time. 3 assists, even though they were all three secondary assists he made a great play holding the puck in late in the first that walker then fed to kariya for the key goal.
....felt like we dominated in the faceoff circle. was surprised to get home and check the stats and see it was even up there.
....leclaire has to have shell shock this morning from the rubber bouncing off him all night.
...always great to see nash-zherdev shutdown, we're going to be hating these two for many years.
..was surprised to see vokoun again. really thought trotz would rest him before the detroit games.

perfect win before the detroit doubleheader coming, now we have a little confidence and momentum heading into monday. offensively this team is doing some more job right now. we're actually now in the top 10 in goals scored per game (3.19 g/g, 9th best), in the top 10 in powerplay % again (19.5%, 8th best) and in the top 10 in even strength goal ratio (1.19 to 1, 8th best). all fantastic numbers.

can hardly wait for monday, going to be a fun two games i think.

Stevenson broke his stick over the boards by the bench as he left the ice. It looked as if Shelley brought Stevenson down awkwardly.

barrytrotzsneck 01-22-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predperson
feel better now?

:razz: :snide:

nine_inch_fang 01-22-2006 04:53 PM

Shelley was about a millisecond away from having that stick broken against his knees. I was watching him haul Stevenson down and as he got up on his knees he looked like he was about to try and chop down a tree. Luckily he thought better of it at the last instant and used the boards to vent is anger.