HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Are the Canadiens a 90-point team? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21378)

Masao 10-20-2003 04:40 PM

Are the Canadiens a 90-point team?

They got 87 two years ago, do you think they can get to 90 this year?

gohabsgo2010 10-20-2003 04:46 PM

Who doesn't want to believe it? But, in all honesty, there's no way.

PK* 10-20-2003 04:50 PM

If they didn't have Theodore, there's no way they could do it, but with him, there's a 50/50 chance.

RE-HABS 10-20-2003 04:56 PM

I say yes, but is 90 points even enough to make the playoffs anymore?

If we keep it up and if we are better with Saku in the line-up I say definitely yes, Leafs D are aweful (losing 4-1 to Isles in the 2nd), Rangers are no better and Carolina and others like Florida, Pittsburgh, Washington and Buffalo will be on the outside looking in.

Tampa and Atlanta are doing well, Montreal isn't the only surprise this season (although Tampa isn't a big surprise with their talented youth). Imagine Atlanta with Heatly in the line up too????

Darz 10-20-2003 05:10 PM

I think if we get good goaltending and stay relatively healthy we have a decent chance of getting 90 points.

habsfansam 10-20-2003 05:14 PM

doing well so far... i'd say that it's definitely a possibility. everything depends on consistency.

GO HABS

BLONG7 10-20-2003 06:07 PM

90 pts... outside possibility :rolly:

Darz 10-21-2003 04:43 AM

8 down......82 to go.

By the way, right now we are on pace for 109 points!!!!! :bow:

Démon Blond 10-21-2003 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Yes, so far.. so good but these threads are all posted way too early, we win a game and everyone praises the habs and rave about the playoffs etc, let's take it 1 game at a time.

For once I agree with you, Mike, it's far too early to speak about that. Ask the question again after 20-30 games.

*does not vote*

zurg999 10-21-2003 07:17 AM

I posted a poll a few weeks back...

I posted a poll a few weeks ago asking where we all thought the Habs might finish up in the conference:

up:http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=18105

The results of my poll were:

6th or higher 4 votes
7th - 8th 27 votes
9th-12th 18 votes
13th or lower 9 votes

Now to your poll :

Given that 90 points would give us an easy 6th in the conference, and that the majoity of the responses to your poll predict 90 or better, it seems:
1) a lot of perceptions have changed, probably because of what has happened since the season began.
and
2) we are a fickle lot.

:rolly:

Darz 10-21-2003 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurg999
and
2) we are a fickle lot.

:rolly:

Definitions of fickle:

1. marked by erratic changeableness in affections or attachments

2. liable to sudden unpredictable change

3. Hab fans

Rand 10-21-2003 08:26 AM

If all of the following happens then yes:
Koivu comes back and plays like he did last season.
Theodore has another Vezina caliber season.
The team continues it's relativelys strong play thus far.

In short, it's not entirely out of the question... but I wouldnt want to bet on the odds of it happening.

danboulie 10-21-2003 01:17 PM

Well if they can continue to play solid defense and get good goaltending, then it's possible, but if these two things aren't working for them, then they have as much chance as a snowball in hell.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-21-2003 03:25 PM

Possible outside chance....With Theo in net, it is definately possible

oli500 10-21-2003 03:32 PM

I think that we have a good chance. Even thow Not alot of people believe that but I do.

We still dont have koivu in the line up. Hes going to help players that go on a slump because I dont think ribeiro can do this all year even if i would like him two.

Hossa still hasent been scoring but his efort is there and the same with bulis so when those come its going to be even better for are team. What I like about this years edition is that we have players that have the talent to step it up a nought when others go on a drought something we dident have last year. Thats in my opinion a recipe for succes. I mean every player goes on a drought at one one point and its up to some else to step it up.

Imo alot of people dont realized how much talent the habs have and if claude can make the team realise that,this team will surprise alot of people. People keep looking at the habs from their prevous edditions and how porley they did but this group of guys are different from last year.