HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Theodore (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21407)

Mats NAslund 10-20-2003 05:25 PM

Theodore
 
Well i just want to say Theodore is starting to look like the Theo of 2 years ago. I'm the first to jump at his throat when he falters but he's played pretty well thus far. Although I still think he tends to give up too many soft goals. Case in point 1-0 loss vs Toronto, he had a great game but let in a soft one which earned him the loss. I hope Theodore can come full circle to the Theo of 2 years ago. Garon looked solid tonight even if he only faced 19 shots, if Theodore can;t do the job we know Garon will be there!

BigM1ke 10-20-2003 05:27 PM

I agree with all of this :)

That soft goal vs Toronto pissed me off but Theo was perfect all the game and he was pretty damn good too the other games.

Munchausen 10-20-2003 05:31 PM

I'll never jump at any goalie's throat for anything when he has a 1,60GAA/.930sv.%

Doing a fine job so far. Both goalies looking sharp. Looks promising for the rest of the season.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-20-2003 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
I'll never jump at any goalie's throat for anything when he has a 1,60GAA/.930sv.%

Doing a fine job so far. Both goalies looking sharp. Looks promising for the rest of the season.

I`m not gonna start posting Theo for Vezina or nothing but it`s nice to see him start the season strong and hopefully he`ll keep it up for the rest of the season.

RE-HABS 10-20-2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Case in point 1-0 loss vs Toronto, he had a great game but let in a soft one which earned him the loss.

Can't call that a soft goal, he got a pice of it on a partial screen...what more do you want a shut out every night? Neither team really played good enough to win that game, Leafs were the team that got the break thats all...be happy with what Theo and Garon have done for us so far, and the team as a whole. ;)

Hab at it 10-20-2003 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Can't call that a soft goal, he got a pice of it on a partial screen...what more do you want a shut out every night? Neither team really played good enough to win that game, Leafs were the team that got the break thats all...be happy with what Theo and Garon have done for us so far, and the team as a whole. ;)

I agree with Mats, it was a soft goal. not taking anything away from his other performances or with the rest of that game but they showed a replay right after the goal was scored and Breezer had his man pushed out of the way and Theo was looking straight at the logo on his chest when the puck was hitting his arm and going in. I think he simply pushed too hard laterally and overplayed the shot.

Habber 10-20-2003 06:45 PM

True Theo could have had that one against TO, but he came up with the huge saves that he wasn't making last season.

I actually thought Garon's goal against tonight was soft. On first look it looked like Dandenault had a beauty shot, but if you watch the replay Garon was way out of position and gave him half the net. I think maybe he was slow getting in position after Zetterberg's backhand. But, like Theo, he made the huge saves when he had to and won us the game.

RE-HABS 10-20-2003 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hab at it
I agree with Mats, it was a soft goal. not taking anything away from his other performances or with the rest of that game but they showed a replay right after the goal was scored and Breezer had his man pushed out of the way and Theo was looking straight at the logo on his chest when the puck was hitting his arm and going in. I think he simply pushed too hard laterally and overplayed the shot.

Sure Brisebois had his man pushed out the way before the shot reaches the net, but was the shot going through already? Was the screen already done it's job? You can see it easier (because you get a couple different angles on replays) on TV and think why can't he stop it? Theo has to see it on the ice only once and sometimes through a maze of players and screens and deflections...sometimes I think people here expect too much and are never satisfied. Be happy we are winning, plus Theo never got any help from the offense either...the score was 1-0...not exactly like he let in a crutial goal after a 3-3 tie, the offense has to bail him out too, not just him bail them out. :teach:

KOMO_ROCKS 10-20-2003 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
I'll never jump at any goalie's throat for anything when he has a 1,60GAA/.930sv.%

Doing a fine job so far. Both goalies looking sharp. Looks promising for the rest of the season.

lets hope it continues ;)

Joe Maximum 10-20-2003 09:33 PM

He did allow what could be considered a stoppable goal, but he has looked solid. I don'T know how to describe it, but you could almost feel an aura when goalies are dominant. For example, Garon played statistically great tonight, but I didn't at any time in the game feel his dominance. For some inknown reason, i just didn't feel Garon was dominating his net ( i dunno, maybe it was the rebounds, or the fact that he seemed to make the saves by positioning alone and without seeing the puck, or whatever ) . Versus Toronto however, even despite the 1-0 loss, I could feel theo was on the top of his game. On most toronto shots, i would not even worry. Tonight though, on almost every shot detroit took, i held my breath for a millisecond. I personally felt Garon was shaky in net tonight, but who am i to complain, we got the 2 pts

I know my argument is completely unbacked by stats or anything tangible, but theo just looks and feels right in his starts this season.

Bud The Spud* 10-21-2003 06:03 AM

Theodore looks much more solid than last season. Lets hope it continues. Unlike some people, I never gave up on him. The Toronto goal looked stoppable, but every goalie lets in the stoppable ones every now and then.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.